Cases rising or dropping by you?

There's nothing on my comment about my information being more accurate than yours unless you're selectively deciding what accurate means. My entire comment centers around how the charts don't give the fine tuned information which is the truth of all charts. My comment pertaining to county and whatnot is because they have the ability (though not all choose to) give that fine tuned details. You think my state is going to give all the cases in all 105 counties for all the zip codes and then separate that out between how many cases are from long-term care facilities? My state does now give outbreaks (but not nitty gritty details of where those are at; you'd have to research to get that) including how many active and cases are closed with those outbreaks. I see no reason why it's an issue to seek out the information that generally speaking is too great to capture in one resource. I guess for me that weighs in on my opinion of how this and that is going on. If it doesn't to you that's great! We just approach it differently.

You saying you wouldn't want to be in those states (apparently warning away others) based on a chart well that's your prerogative and so is mine to want more in depth information to help give me context to form a conclusion based on that. I naturally seek out more information. And where is the problem in the discussion regarding models used? (total rhetorical question) I was speaking about models in general as they've been utilized during this pandemic and I'm far from the only person to discuss limitations of them which is occurring well outside the DIS. We should be looking for ways to improve and give more information-these models are used for policy making, these models are used for public opinion and these models are used by health officials. And oftentimes the limitations don't get mentioned.

No need to slide in that you were trying to spend time around a fire pit with cocktails and don't want to look any further as if I'm inconveniencing you considering you responded and did a cursory look at least. No worries you can (edited: corrected word) get back to your drinks and fire. I'll get back inquisitive self and move on in the discussion as we appear to just not agree (no harm no foul just different mindsets) but do enjoy the rest of your evening :)

Pointing out the fact that my information doesn't take into account every single item you find pertinent is inherently saying my information isn't accurate. I bolded your statement. You can say you aren't calling my post inaccurate, but it doesn't make it any less apparent that you think so.

You still don't seem to feel the need to point me in the direction of your information and choose to ignore the information I attached.

I'm all for research and you speak of nothing but generalities, but don't provide any concrete information that pertains to the data the rt.live group uses. I actually was provided this link through someone else on this board that thought this information was extremely important to understanding the virus and the threat it posed. Just because it isn't for you, doesn't make it any less important.

Yes, I'm not going to take any more of my time on a beautiful night and waste it on trying to find something that you find important, regardless of your opinion of my time spent researching. If my mention of my evening offends you, you don't need to read any more of my posts. Tomorrow, I may include what I had for breakfast.

Pointing out the fact that my information doesn't take into account every single item you find pertinent is inherently saying my information isn't accurate. I bolded your statement. You can say you aren't calling my post inaccurate, but it doesn't make it any less apparent that you think so.

You still don't seem to feel the need to point me in the direction of your information and choose to ignore the information I attached.

I'm all for research and you speak of nothing but generalities, but don't provide any concrete information that pertains to the data the rt.live group uses. I actually was provided this link through someone else on this board that thought this information was extremely important to understanding the virus and the threat it posed. Just because it isn't for you, doesn't make it any less important.

Yes, I'm not going to take any more of my time on a beautiful night and waste it on trying to find something that you find important, regardless of your opinion of my time spent researching. If my mention of my evening offends you, you don't need to read any more of my posts. Tomorrow, I may include what I had for breakfast.
Good grief She wasn't criticizing you. Take a chill pill.

Orange County CA: still trending up - hospitalizations (293) and patients in ICU (129) hit a new high for the county. Not nearly as bad as adjacent LA County though.

Orange County CA: still trending up - hospitalizations (293) and patients in ICU (129) hit a new high for the county. Not nearly as bad as adjacent LA County though.
The thing I find startling about your numbers is the huge percentage of hospitilazed patients that are in ICU. I wonder why that is? Although the numbers here are far smaller, one would expect things to be somewhat proportional. As of today In our province there are 54 people currently in hospital and only 6 are in intensive care. It’s 11% compared to 44% and I really wonder why that situation is so different. :scratchin

In Iowa, new positive cases, hospitalizations, and ICU all trending down. We've been pretty open for a while now.

Today's numbers haven't been posted yet, but the local news said that it's been observed that fewer people are wearing masks, yet the numbers of our county continue to increase in the triple digits. There are too many people lacking common sense here and it shows.

Confirmed cases in our county this week
-Monday 190
-Tuesday <100
-Wednesday (?)
-Thursday 132
-Today????

The thing I find startling about your numbers is the huge percentage of hospitilazed patients that are in ICU. I wonder why that is? Although the numbers here are far smaller, one would expect things to be somewhat proportional. As of today In our province there are 54 people currently in hospital and only 6 are in intensive care. It’s 11% compared to 44% and I really wonder why that situation is so different. :scratchin

🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe it's simply a matter of reporting standards, i.e. some state might want to know only about people on ventilators, and another might want to know about any ICU room usage. Bottom line, I dunno. Link to the graph below...

OC Covid Hospitalizations

Rising, yet people are gathering in bigger and bigger groups. Our state continues to open. I'm predicting our local hospitals will be overrun in a month.

Cases are rising in my area but hospitalizations are dropping relative to the number of cases. More testing is going to equal more cases. It's the number of hospitalizations/deaths that most people are focusing on.

I'm in South OC and have been following the numbers very closely. I've read that many OC hospitals are accepting cases from other counties (especially SD, which is having issues with the border towns). It's unclear if those patients are included in these numbers or not, but I suspect they are.

Regardless we are well within the 35% surge capacity guidelines the state has given.

Florida is trending upward again, yesterday was the largest spike in cases in over a month. My local county, which also had under 100 cases before the restrictions were lessened, is now over 150 cases in under 3 weeks. I am under 2 hours from Disney.

Anyone from Georgia? What’s with the reporting going on in that state?
Only about 1,000 new cases in total according to official state count in the past 5-6 days. This compared to a daily new case count of about 750 in the middle of the shutdown.
Good job on basically eradicating the virus by doing nothing but opening up the state ;).

Last edited:
Florida is trending upward again, yesterday was the largest spike in cases in over a month. My local county, which also had under 100 cases before the restrictions were lessened, is now over 150 cases in under 3 weeks. I am under 2 hours from Disney.
Has there been any explanation offered for the huge increase?

Has there been any explanation offered for the huge increase?
Not really, the numbers haven't even been addressed. The person in charge of reporting cases was fired over some controversy around the time of reopening about the numbers but even after that they are still climbing. Here is the website for the Florida Health Department Covid 19 dashboard -https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429 You can see from the chart of daily cases on the side that the curve is clearly going back up.

Anyone from Georgia? What’s with the reporting going on in that state?
Only about 1,000 new cases in total according to official state count in the past 5-6 days. This compared to a daily new case count of about 750 in the middle of the shutdown.
Good job on basically eradicating the virus by doing nothing but opening up the state ;).
Compare that to Florida who had over 1k cases today, 1.3k yesterday, and 1.2k the day before.

The percentage in IL has dropped significantly in the last 10 days or so. We are now under 5% while 10 days ago we were still seeing 10% or greater. As things open cases are dropping.

This is official data from the CA website.
Daily new cases have been going up ever since the beginning. A 1,000% increase in daily cases compared to when shelter in place for the state first went into effect. As a result, the governor has allowed for pretty much everything besides large gatherings and gyms to open, leaving it to individual counties to make their own decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter