Cars Land is possibly coming to Epcot

If the big attraction would be RSR, and they already have Test Track would it even be considered?

Cars isn't currently being considered for anything at WDW as far as I am aware. Tron was being considered for Tomorrowland not Epcot. Also the 50th is in 2021 not 2020.

I agree with all this. I think Carsland was being seriously considered for DHS until the Lucasfilm acquisition happened, and then Star Wars Land put an end to that idea.

I have read on a couple different sites, plus a little employee gossip... Cars will either go in DHS or, and most likely, replace the LAME grandprix in MK WDW. There is something new going in future world, . Seems undecided as of now but Tron coaster is def being considered for epcot. to save money they will order 2, ( ?), and put one in Calif. and one in Fl. This seems the most likely to me. WDW knows it must up it's game at both DHS and Epcot or risk losing multiday peeps to universal, esp. in FL. There seems to be a lot in the works for 2020, 50 yr. celebration already.
Agree with rTeetz, no cars in DHS, now that TSL and SWE are locked. Will add there WILL be a Roller coaster in UoE in Epcot - but theme has not been locked. One theme could be GotG. Rumor was Tron was going where Speedway is, but not Tron coaster. So Tron in UoE is an interesting twist, for all we know it could be one of the options.

What I would say to Disney Legend Rolly Crump is

"Rolly if your still under employment or alive, you're fired. Roll out."

He originally quit Imagineering during the designing of WDW's Magic Kingdom, which he called "dog****" (he swears the word was "dogfood") I believe he was the one who originally publicized the phrase, "the park that Roy built."

Apparently, the Electric Umbrella was a product that was being sold in the CommuniCore's Centorium (now Mousegear) when the restaurant was renamed.

Last edited:

He originally quit Imagineering during the designing of WDW's Magic Kingdom, which he called "dog****" (he swears the word was "dogfood") I believe he was the one who originally publicized the phrase, "the park that Roy built."

Apparently, the Electric Umbrella was a product that was being sold in the CommuniCore's Centorium (now Mousegear) when the restaurant was renamed.

Whoa, screw him then. He must have been one of those old guys that felt Magic Kingdom was just a copy of Disneyland. Just a way to make money and that building it was like pooping on Walt Disney's grave.

Agree with rTeetz, no cars in DHS, now that TSL and SWE are locked. Will add there WILL be a Roller coaster in UoE in Epcot - but theme has not been locked. One theme could be GotG. Rumor was Tron was going where Speedway is, but not Tron coaster. So Tron in UoE is an interesting twist, for all we know it could be one of the options.

If they're going to go IP heavy in Future World, they should stick to the pavilion themes then (i.e. Monsters:Energy:UofE, Inside Out:Anatomy:WoL, Big Hero 6:Robotics:Innoventions, etc.)*. I do think that Epcot needs another thrill ride, in Future World, but I'd rather see GotG in DHS. I think their next move, in DHS, should be to build up the Marvel Universe around RnRC.

*I'd prefer no/limited IPs, but if they're going to use them, might as well go with appropriate theming.

If they're going to go IP heavy in Future World, they should stick to the pavilion themes then (i.e. Monsters:Energy:UofE, Inside Out:Anatomy:WoL, Big Hero 6:Robotics:Innoventions, etc.)*. I do think that Epcot needs another thrill ride, in Future World, but I'd rather see GotG in DHS. I think their next move, in DHS, should be to build up the Marvel Universe around RnRC.

*I'd prefer no/limited IPs, but if they're going to use them, might as well go with appropriate theming.
First I don't think you will ever get a fully themed Marvel area in DHS, due to limits on what properties you can use in WDW due to Universal.
Second, Monsters would be fun, but I fail to see why it is less appropriate than GotG. Both have energy aspects to the tails they tell, and at least GotG fits futureworld motif.

Would LOVE to see Big Hero 6 in Innoventions, and nanno technology and such.

First I don't think you will ever get a fully themed Marvel area in DHS, due to limits on what properties you can use in WDW due to Universal.
Second, Monsters would be fun, but I fail to see why it is less appropriate than GotG. Both have energy aspects to the tails they tell, and at least GotG fits futureworld motif.

Would LOVE to see Big Hero 6 in Innoventions, and nanno technology and such.

You're right. I guess I didn't really think of GotG as "Energy" themed, but I can see that. It's more that I would rather see it replace RnRC and have a small area dedicated to Marvel, due to the limitations, in that space. However, I'd love to see them go back to the edu-tainment of old. I ran across this armchair imagineer post, and really liked the direction they were going.

https://progresscitythemeparks.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/epcot-center-a-blueprint-of-a-perfect-world/

Good ideas, I always thought Wall-E would fit in perfectly with Futureworld as well. His attraction could teach people that they need to take care of the environment. This way they won't need robots like Wall-E to pick up after them.

Plus everyone should probably exercise. The humans were pretty... husky in the movie.

Good ideas, I always thought Wall-E would fit in perfectly with Futureworld as well. His attraction could teach people that they need to take care of the environment. This way they won't need robots like Wall-E to pick up after them.

Plus everyone should probably exercise. The humans were pretty... husky in the movie.

Agreed. Again, if they're going to keep going IP heavy, I think Wall-E would be a great fit in Future World. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see Epcot return to the creative, non-IP edu-tainment that it once was. However, if they can accomplish their goals of educating folks, through IPs that kids would enjoy and want to see, then I would be fine with that.

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes

5. Maybe

Perhaps when you respond to someone, you could do so in a less condescending and absolute way? You are not the authority on Disney and what goes on and you HAVE been incorrect yourself. I'm just saying... "I don't think so" is much nicer than always outright saying "no".

Perhaps when you respond to someone, you could do so in a less condescending and absolute way? You are not the authority on Disney and what goes on and you HAVE been incorrect yourself. I'm just saying... "I don't think so" is much nicer than always outright saying "no".
I usually do it this way:

dr evil.jpg

I agree with the sentiment that Cars land in Epcot seems strange. You figure it would be in Hollywood.

But I'm sure (at first) many people thought grouping Future World and Country Pavilions together was a very unusual idea as well.

It would fit better in Hollywood park then in Epcot?

Epcot needs some love but Cars Land isn't the answer for Epcot. To me it would fit better at HS but with them building Toy Story Land and that wasn't included there I don't see them doing that.
Epcot would be the perfect location for "Tron" the ride in China

It would fit better in Hollywood park then in Epcot?

Yep, it would. It seems to fit with the Hollywood Adventure theme more than a futuristic community. I don't like Ellen's energy and MS, but I'm sure they can come up with something more appropriate.

Eeeep... Cars in Epcot? Jeee, I don't know... LOL. :rolleyes1
Had this been coming quite a few years ago, when The Living Seas was becoming themed to Finding Nemo, and before the last major overhaul of Test Track I would have thought that it would be just a little more reasonable for Disney to go All In with building a Cars Land "pavilion" somewhere in FW. But as of now it just sounds strange when I think of it as presented. But who knows with Disney, right?! :rotfl:

What we do know is that WS will get some major attention though, and after the success of Frozen in Norway there will most likely be more character/movie themed driven attractions to the other lands as well. :banana:

I for sure will keep my eyes open to all announcements coming up for the 50th anniversary of the resort. :earsboy:

To me, seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust explain the science behind one's body makes more sense than The Incredibles. Don't get me wrong, what I'd do to see a more thrill-esque presence of The Incredibles.

Also, The Incredibles brought home $633 million and Inside Out brought home $857 million.

I was talking about Inside Out mainly going into Imagination or Wonders of Life.

Incredibles would be good in Motion or Energy.

I agree with this completely. Inside out is a perfect fit for either of these areas and they're foolish not to use it in Epcot. I get so tired of the rehashed rides we get. I'd be so disappointed if they put Cars Land anywhere at WDW. Give us a reason to travel for cryin' out loud. I've already done Cars Land and it certainly wouldn't make me rush to buy a ticket to WDW if they brought it here. In fact, it's WHY I bought a ticket to DLR. Give me something new and I'll be first in line to buy a ticket. I have no interest in the Toy Story expansion because it looks like it only caters to kids.

Eeeep... Cars in Epcot? Jeee, I don't know... LOL. :rolleyes1
Had this been coming quite a few years ago, when The Living Seas was becoming themed to Finding Nemo, and before the last major overhaul of Test Track I would have thought that it would be just a little more reasonable for Disney to go All In with building a Cars Land "pavilion" somewhere in FW. But as of now it just sounds strange when I think of it as presented. But who knows with Disney, right?! :rotfl:

What we do know is that WS will get some major attention though, and after the success of Frozen in Norway there will most likely be more character/movie themed driven attractions to the other lands as well. :banana:

I for sure will keep my eyes open to all announcements coming up for the 50th anniversary of the resort. :earsboy:

I also think there may be more character driven attractions added to WS. I know many Disney fans will freak out but I think it may be the direction in which Disney may be going. I know Frozen being added to Norway was because of lack of sponsorship from the country itself though I really wouldn't be surprised to find Remy in France eventually. I personally would not like to see Cars Land in EPCOT myself. TT is already similar to the RSR anyway. I would rather see something like a land based on Tomorrowland in Future World and maybe something based on Inside Out or even something like Zootopia.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter