Cars Land is possibly coming to Epcot

That would make the Test Track theming even worse than it currently is.

I agree that it doesn't go with the theming of Epcot. But I don't think it could be much worse. It looks like they were going to do a "Tron" ride and then the movie tanked. At least they waited before creating the "John Carter of Mars" ride.

Hahaha, so true.

I personally don't get why there's so many rumours of IP going to totally mismatched places. Marvel or Carsland in Epcot doesn't go. If they HAD to go into a current park then Hollywood Studios.

Then people have said Tron going in UoE which again I don't think really makes sense either. Surely that would go in Tomorrowland.

Hahaha, so true.

I personally don't get why there's so many rumours of IP going to totally mismatched places. Marvel or Carsland in Epcot doesn't go. If they HAD to go into a current park then Hollywood Studios.

Then people have said Tron going in UoE which again I don't think really makes sense either. Surely that would go in Tomorrowland.
Tron in UOE makes more sense than Cars for that area as Tron is already Tron inspired. And with a new Tron film coming, it will soon be relevant again.

I cannot see any resemblance between the permit filed and Flo's V8 Cafe, the buildings are not even remotely similar in my view.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I can't see Cars Land coming to Epcot. Who is the source for this rumor?
I think the OP is referring to the circular building at the bottom which I don't think is what is being proposed. I'm also trash at reading permits though

I think the OP is referring to the circular building at the bottom which I don't think is what is being proposed. I'm also trash at reading permits though
That circular building is the Wonders of Life Pavilion, which is already there and currently used as the festival center during the F&W/F&G/Arts Festivals. The permits were filed for the rectangular building behind WoL and Universe of Energy.

I agree though, the permits can be hard to read to many. After all, they are not meant for us to understand, they are submitted for legal reasons (this one is a water management permit as a canal needs to be moved to build on the land...)

That circular building is the Wonders of Life Pavilion, which is already there and currently used as the festival center during the F&W/F&G/Arts Festivals. The permits were filed for the rectangular building behind WoL and Universe of Energy.

I agree though, the permits can be hard to read to many. After all, they are not meant for us to understand, they are submitted for legal reasons (this one is a water management permit as a canal needs to be moved to build on the land...)[/QUOTE/]

I think most of my problem stemmed from the fact I wasn't sure what direction this was facing so I wasn't sure what was what haha.

But yes then I would agree it doesn't look remotely like Flo's

In the new permits filed by Disney they will be constructing a new building in back of Universe of Energy. The shape of the building is very similar to Flo's V8 Café in Disneyland. It maybe a coincidence, but perhaps it isn't one.

What is shown in the permit looks nothing like Flo's.

[Edit]: I saw what other said, you are probably looking at the Wonders of Life pavilion. The only similarity between that and Flo's is that it is round on the plans. But it a actually a very large domed building which isn't really anything like Flo's.

Last edited:
Maybe you should actually look at a map before making an uninformed comment. They are almost the exact same shape from a satellite view.

... and I don't have to tell you who my source is. He'd prefer to remain anonymous.
It does not look like Flo's. This permit is for work back stage. Then the existing UoE building will be expanded.

I'm not sure what satellite images you're looking at.

Sadly those days are gone. They want to even make movies for their classic non IP rides and even lands (Tomorrowland). "It's a Small World" and "Enchanted Tiki Room" can not be far behind. The Rock will probably try to weasel his way into those franchises too.

Given how big cinematic universes are now could see Disney try to create a new one with the SEA storyline fromt he parks if Jungle Book does well. They have incorporated that ride into into SEA now, and have lots of rides including Tower of Terror (in Tokyo), Mystic Manor, and the new Miss Fortune Falls waterslide. Could do an interconnected world about teh explorers and different adventures they've been on

As for an Alice dark ride in the UK pavilion, there's plenty of room for it in the back of the space the pavilion has now. :teeth:
And I wouldn't mind at all if they built one either.

Another thing I have seen popping up at places earlier, talking about UK at Epcot, is something for Mary Poppins. Not a ride or anything, but some sort of attraction/experience and a meet and greet. But I don't know how "hot" that rumor is any more. :hyper2:

Sadly those days are gone. They want to even make movies for their classic non IP rides and even lands (Tomorrowland). "It's a Small World" and "Enchanted Tiki Room" can not be far behind. The Rock will probably try to weasel his way into those franchises too.
Everest would be the last real non IP hit. Perhaps a Disney yeti movie can force them to fix the disco yeti

I agree that it doesn't go with the theming of Epcot. But I don't think it could be much worse. It looks like they were going to do a "Tron" ride and then the movie tanked. At least they waited before creating the "John Carter of Mars" ride.
I believe the people of GM saw Tron and told Disney they wanted something that had a similar look and feel. As long as Disney can keep convincing GM to fund this attraction they get to pick the theme of it. I don't see them wanting a Cars theme unless their product is to be promoted in the new film

I believe the people of GM saw Tron and told Disney they wanted something that had a similar look and feel. As long as Disney can keep convincing GM to fund this attraction they get to pick the theme of it. I don't see them wanting a Cars theme unless their product is to be promoted in the new film

I don't think the sponsors have that much pull. I've been going to Disney for many years and I still don't know what Siemen is. I think Disney will put any sponsor on their attractions, but in terms of ideas I think they've got the only say.

I'd love a WDW version of Carsland, but a mini version wedged in between fantasyland and Tomorrowland makes more sense to me then Epcot. But Epcot certainly could use a boost, with AK and HS getting the love right now

But Epcot certainly could use a boost, with AK and HS getting the love right now

I agree, and one rollercoaster wouldn't be enough. So it has to be something big and marketable. I'm kinda being swayed in the direction of Cars Land. It doesn't have anything to do with the future, but what does?

Every futuristic movie Disney has done has been horrible. Meet the Robinsons, Treasure Planet, Tomorrowland, Tron, John Carter of Mars.

Every futuristic movie Disney has done has been horrible. Meet the Robinsons, Treasure Planet, Tomorrowland, Tron, John Carter of Mars.

WALLE.png

Cool, you found one. The only problem with Wall-E is they've said they aren't doing any sequels for it. It could be a really good ride though. And plus it could be educational, which is what Epcot's concept for Futureworld originally was.

Cool, you found one. The only problem with Wall-E is they've said they aren't doing any sequels for it. It could be a really good ride though. And plus it could be educational, which is what Epcot's concept for Futureworld originally was.

I just liked the picture of a sad looking Wall-E being ignored.

That being said, that movie really is a perfect fit for a couple of Epcot attractions that need updates (Universe of Energy and Circle of Life, for example) and is one of the more popular and well-received Pixar films. As for the sequel issue, they also have never done one for Ratatouille, yet that looks set to come to France - so I don't think Disney is as concerned about integrating these older, yet successful, films into the parks.

I agree, and one rollercoaster wouldn't be enough. So it has to be something big and marketable. I'm kinda being swayed in the direction of Cars Land. It doesn't have anything to do with the future, but what does?

Hey, Meet the Robinsons is a good movie! It did horribly, but it was really cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter