Carrying on alcohol

I have no idea. I tried the same cooler. Packed my wine into it. Guy was like, I can't let you through with a cooler. (Could have been a grumpy person that day). I had some medicine in there, so I just said it was for medical transport. No issue.

[Link] Coolers no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" [30.5cm x 30.5cm x 30.5cm], as carry-on luggage only for storing medications, baby food or items related to dietary restrictions only.
The only other exception to this is when you return from Castaway Cay. They sell Disney coolers on the beach with water and beer. You can bring those coolers back, loaded or not. You CANNOT bring that same cooler onboard during future cruises.
Thank you! That's good to know. A soft sided cooler was one option we had thought of but I guess that won't work.

interesting, my dcl one is empty & packed in suitcase empty, and we take another soft sided one with wheels on the ship with us , goes right thru security belt with wine & beer in it, at least 3x we have done this. Maybe they don't realize its a cooler.

Do you pad it some way? We prefer bottles over cans so I'm not picturing how to put 18 glass bottles in a suitcase and not have them break.

I think we got a port arrival time of 12:30 so good to know the rooms will be ready not too much later.

You might want to compromise a bit and go with cans of beer instead of bottles because of the risk of breaking (besides, cans are supposed to be better for beer than bottles anyways :) )

You might want to compromise a bit and go with cans of beer instead of bottles because of the risk of breaking (besides, cans are supposed to be better for beer than bottles anyways :) )
We may do that if we can find good craft beers in 12 oz cans in Vancouver. And if we can request glasses to drink from in room. Or do a combination, only packing 6 bottles and 12 cans may be easier than 18 glass bottles. It's good to have options.

We may do that if we can find good craft beers in 12 oz cans in Vancouver. And if we can request glasses to drink from in room. Or do a combination, only packing 6 bottles and 12 cans may be easier than 18 glass bottles. It's good to have options.
I completely forgot about the insulated 6 pack holders they sell on Amazon. They would protect the bottles from clanking together. It might help - won't solve the problem, but may make is easier.

How is the security process with the carry-ons? If I pack my wine bottles a certain way so they don't clank around, are they going to take the bottles out of the bag? Ornis it just rolling through x-ray machine?

How is the security process with the carry-ons? If I pack my wine bottles a certain way so they don't clank around, are they going to take the bottles out of the bag? Ornis it just rolling through x-ray machine?

For us we have only had to put it through the Xray machine. We pack ours in a soft lunchbox size cooler and put it in our carry-on suitcase. We orientate them so that when they go through xray they can see how many cans are in the case. Never had an issue.

thank you! you can also get on and off the ship more then once at each port and bring beer or wine on each time, not at all convenient when tendering, but some other ports it easier to get to duty free shop, There is an entire discussion on this on one of these threads.
we fly so we basically only buy what we consume on the ship

My friend and I were just wondering if this was possible! Can you point me in the direction of that discussion please? I'd like more information! Thank you!

My friend and I were just wondering if this was possible! Can you point me in the direction of that discussion please? I'd like more information! Thank you!
Not sure which ports your going to, but in Cozumel DH and I get off the ship and walk down to Mega. Grab beers and walk back to the ship and put them in our room. Then head back out to do whatever we planned for the day. When we come back at the end of the day, if we have time, we grab some more before heading back to the ship.

Not sure which ports your going to, but in Cozumel DH and I get off the ship and walk down to Mega. Grab beers and walk back to the ship and put them in our room. Then head back out to do whatever we planned for the day. When we come back at the end of the day, if we have time, we grab some more before heading back to the ship.

lol. We found the Mega store in Septembe! My adult kids loved it, though the peso confused them. I’ll pass your idea to them.

Great! Thank you for confirming that it's possible! We're sailing out of San Diego and our ports are Cabo and Ensenada. Probably won't be convenient to do this in Cabo since we have to tender in, but Ensenada looks like a possibility!

Where do you get one of those DCL Cooler bags? Gift shop? On CC? Or do you order it before hand and it'll be in your cabin when you board?

Where do you get one of those DCL Cooler bags? Gift shop? On CC? Or do you order it before hand and it'll be in your cabin when you board?
They will be sold on the pool deck, in the Promenade lounge, and probably in Cabanas (we eat embarkation lunch in the MDR) when you board, to be delivered to you stateroom. Also available as you leave the ship at CC.

Bubble wrap sealed with packing tape. Never had any issues even when TSA went through the bag and broke a bottle. I usually save the bubble wrap if needed for fragile souneniers, if not, I toss it before heading home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter