CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just booked a “last minute” cruise on Regal for March, so we would love to hear more about it. Read your other review. Thanks
Will do. Let me know any specific questions or photos you want and I'll check it out while on there. We'll be on the new Sky Princess in March!

Also, I should have mentioned that Princess has $1 deposits (refundable! :)) today...

We're going on another cruise right after the Christmas holidays... Not gonna lie, while cruising 3 times within the same year is absolutely awesome, our budget is tight tight tight!

The fact that at that time of the year, plane tickets to go from Canada to Florida are expensive (think 150$ CND more pp) sure doesn't help!
Where to and what ship?

Adventure of the Seas to Grand Cayman (one of our favorite stops), Costa Maya (never been there before) and Cozumel (been there 2 times already, will try Mr. Sanchos this time!) :)
I love GC too, it was my favorite Caribbean island until we went to Curaçao, holy cow, that island is amazing! Enjoy the cruise and I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about the ship.

We completed our Carnival Horizon cruise, and it was spectacular. I know Disney is cute and does special things, but I couldn’t imagine spending 5k more when this cruise was so good.

We went to Jacks Shack on Grand Turk, Mambo Beach on Curacao, and eagle beach in Aruba. On the ship we saw comedy shows, big theatrical shows (they did Coldplay, Metallica, & GnR with electric violins), had dance lessons, craft sessions, scavenger hunts, and a big deck party. I have lots and lots of pictures if anyone wants to see ports and food.

We completed our Carnival Horizon cruise, and it was spectacular. I know Disney is cute and does special things, but I couldn’t imagine spending 5k more when this cruise was so good.

We went to Jacks Shack on Grand Turk, Mambo Beach on Curacao, and eagle beach in Aruba. On the ship we saw comedy shows, big theatrical shows (they did Coldplay, Metallica, & GnR with electric violins), had dance lessons, craft sessions, scavenger hunts, and a big deck party. I have lots and lots of pictures if anyone wants to see ports and food.
Glad you had an awesome time. I’ve heard the Celestial Strings show is amazing, one of these days we’ll get on Horizon so we can see it. What did you think of the food?

Glad you had an awesome time. I’ve heard the Celestial Strings show is amazing, one of these days we’ll get on Horizon so we can see it. What did you think of the food?
Except for the last day, the food was really good. I mostly eat seafood and I only had a couple of glitches that they fixed. My daughter and husband ate every piece of beef offered and only got one odd meal between them.

The best thing about MDR, they will quickly replace anything you don’t like.

Except for the last day, the food was really good. I mostly eat seafood and I only had a couple of glitches that they fixed. My daughter and husband ate every piece of beef offered and only got one odd meal between them.

The best thing about MDR, they will quickly replace anything you don’t like.
I’m a huge fan of all the different food options Carnival provides. I certainly think DCL blows Carnival out of the water in food presentation, but when it comes to overall choices of places to eat without paying extra, DCL doesn’t even come close.

I’m a huge fan of all the different food options Carnival provides. I certainly think DCL blows Carnival out of the water in food presentation, but when it comes to overall choices of places to eat without paying extra, DCL doesn’t even come close.
We were also very impressed with Lido lunch this go around. They had garlic mussels that were the best I’ve had in a restaurant. I saw people walking by with huge plates and I though oh they’ve been to seafood shack. Nope, regular buffet.

The only place I would not eat again was the Italian place. Their Alfredo tasted like jarred ragu. It was like cloudy garlic water.

Yes, the Horizon does have sailings to ABC islands.

I have always wanted to go to Bonaire and Curacao. When we get dd's school calendar for 2021, I will look at booking one. Fingers crossed I can find one during her Spring break. In the past we have taken dd out of school to cruise in Jan. She's in middle school now and I don't want to take her out anymore. Disney's prices are nearly double at end of March. There's no way I'm paying that!

I have always wanted to go to Bonaire and Curacao. When we get dd's school calendar for 2021, I will look at booking one. Fingers crossed I can find one during her Spring break. In the past we have taken dd out of school to cruise in Jan. She's in middle school now and I don't want to take her out anymore. Disney's prices are nearly double at end of March. There's no way I'm paying that!

We were so close to booking an 8 day itinerary on the Horizon that included Aruba & Curacao, but another couple wanted to cruise with us and it just didn't work out. So we compromised with our 7 day Conquest and a WDW trip in the Fall.

Would still love to book this itinerary as I've never heard anything negative about either island, but we've got to get to Alaska in 2021!

We were so close to booking an 8 day itinerary on the Horizon that included Aruba & Curacao, but another couple wanted to cruise with us and it just didn't work out. So we compromised with our 7 day Conquest and a WDW trip in the Fall.

Would still love to book this itinerary as I've never heard anything negative about either island, but we've got to get to Alaska in 2021!
What ship are you planning on for Alaska?

Ugh, why are the deposits for RCL $1K? That seems excessive, esp for a cruise that is $3800US total. With the current CAD exchange rate the deposit is $1300CDN. I really want to try Oasis of the Seas for Spring Break 2021, but my dh is reluctant to shell out such a large deposit (refundable as I went all the way to the end of the booking and chose the refundable option!) for a cruise so far in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter