CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are they

I found the Port Canaveral dates by searching by port and length (6 to 9 days). You can't filter by the ship and when I tried to book through I only get to the choose a category page. If you are interested though, call your PVP if you have one. Or just Carnival in general maybe?

I found the Port Canaveral dates by searching by port and length (6 to 9 days). You can't filter by the ship and when I tried to book through I only get to the choose a category page. If you are interested though, call your PVP if you have one. Or just Carnival in general maybe?
Clever! I was looking by ship and no luck. Thanks

I think I'm going to end up booking Horizon instead. As much as I want the ship, the itineraries do not look great. What to do!

I'm interested to hear if you find one you like :)

I agree that those itineraries are a bit disappointing. I tried to do a mock booking and it stopped at room selection. I think we are leaning towards trying an 8 night on Radiance in 2020. Sounds crazy but I kind of want to try the new chicken place on the Radiance. Lol. We are tempted by the 8 night on Horizon too-- we loved Vista. We do want to do Mardi Gras, but maybe 2121 or 2022? Where does the time go? Cannot believe I am talking about those dates.

Looks like Mardi Gras cruises are posted. I'm a little disappointed. The week of March break I was hoping for has a 7-night cruise but only 3 ports, Amber Cove, Grand Turk & San Juan. Not an itinerary I'm interested in to be honest. Not sure why they only have 3 ports, even the Western that alternates with it.

Any way! I think there are some good opening itineraries if you are interested in checking it out :) Not sure all the details are there but good luck!

Not sure you can actually book yet though... but some details are available and if you have a PVP they will book for you.

According to the email I have received, I could book right away if I wanted to. 2 for 1 deposit and OBC included.

The Europe cruises look nice.

Unfortunately, I have been informed that the office I work for will close its doors mid-2020. I can't book anything passed our January 2020 cruise because I can't be 100% sure that I will be able to chose the vacation dates I want on my future job.

Holy Guacamole!!! Have you seen the pictures of the Mardi Gras cabin that John Heald has posted on FB?!?!?!

Hands down the most beautiful design I've ever seen in popular cruises (and yes, I like it more than DCL and all the previous cabins I've had on Carnival as well).

According to the email I have received, I could book right away if I wanted to. 2 for 1 deposit and OBC included.

The Europe cruises look nice.

Unfortunately, I have been informed that the office I work for will close its doors mid-2020. I can't book anything passed our January 2020 cruise because I can't be 100% sure that I will be able to chose the vacation dates I want on my future job.

I hope you are able to find a new job quickly and not out of work for long, if at all.

I posted before the emails went out :) It is all open now with some good booking bonuses. My problem is the itinerary for March break. I may look at the Western as I do like all 3 ports on that one, we've been to them all but we like them, and 3 sea days is ok. With San Juan in the mix I'm not sure, we don't like the port much and last time didn't get off the ship.

Holy Guacamole!!! Have you seen the pictures of the Mardi Gras cabin that John Heald has posted on FB?!?!?!

Hands down the most beautiful design I've ever seen in popular cruises (and yes, I like it more than DCL and all the previous cabins I've had on Carnival as well).

About to check it out. I was already liking what I saw, I really want to book it! Ugh...

So... Anybody here booked Mardi Gras yet?

Nope. I keep looking but the itinerary doesn't change ;) The ship does look so nice but the routes are just not appealing to me. I'm still thinking but will probably go with Horizon in 2021 and wait and see if Mardi Gras comes out with something better in the Caribbean.

No :worried:.
Good luck with the job situation. In some ways it is nice to know that you need to find one within about a year as opposed to having no notice. But then on the other hand, it could be a stressful time ahead.

Thank you. I try to see it this way. No bad surprise. More time to put money aside and prepare a strategy.

Nope. I keep looking but the itinerary doesn't change ;) The ship does look so nice but the routes are just not appealing to me. I'm still thinking but will probably go with Horizon in 2021 and wait and see if Mardi Gras comes out with something better in the Caribbean.

Maybe they'll add more itineraries later?

I think there will be some issues with itineraries since they are LNG based fuel now. There are not that many ports that offer that refueling type. They may be locked in until more ports build that infrastructure.

I think there will be some issues with itineraries since they are LNG based fuel now. There are not that many ports that offer that refueling type. They may be locked in until more ports build that infrastructure.

Ohhhh. That makes sense.

Ah, well I was more disappointed because there are only 3 ports on the Caribbean itins, except the long one from New York to Port Canaveral, and one 8-night (neither of which fit my budget or timing). We've been to San Juan twice and it's not a place we really want to go again, so tying it with Amber Cove (wouldn't mind going to) and Grand Turk (been once and going again in 2020) makes it not a cruise I'm interested in. But it's the one that fits my schedule. So we'll wait and see. They are going to more places on the Southern from New York that does look good. I just wish instead of San Juan they had one of the St islands. I wouldn't mind the western too much, Mahogany Bay is lovely, Cozumel we can always find something to do, and Costa Maya has some nice beaches (and the best guacamole I've ever had). It just doesn't fit with any dates I can do :(

Ah, well I was more disappointed because there are only 3 ports on the Caribbean itins, except the long one from New York to Port Canaveral, and one 8-night (neither of which fit my budget or timing). We've been to San Juan twice and it's not a place we really want to go again, so tying it with Amber Cove (wouldn't mind going to) and Grand Turk (been once and going again in 2020) makes it not a cruise I'm interested in. But it's the one that fits my schedule. So we'll wait and see. They are going to more places on the Southern from New York that does look good. I just wish instead of San Juan they had one of the St islands. I wouldn't mind the western too much, Mahogany Bay is lovely, Cozumel we can always find something to do, and Costa Maya has some nice beaches (and the best guacamole I've ever had). It just doesn't fit with any dates I can do :(

There's also Canada and New England. LOL

What are your tought on the new dining packages that they are currently testing on the Horizon?

(60$ - Includes a meal at the Steakhouse and two 15$ vouchers that can be used at either Pig & Anchor, Jiji Asian Kitchen, Cucina del Capitano and Bonsai Sushi)

It only makes you save 8$ dollars --hey, that's the price of a meal in a food court so it's not that bad-- but I'd really like to see it happen on all the other ships of the fleet!

What are your tought on the new dining packages that they are currently testing on the Horizon?

(60$ - Includes a meal at the Steakhouse and two 15$ vouchers that can be used at either Pig & Anchor, Jiji Asian Kitchen, Cucina del Capitano and Bonsai Sushi)

It only makes you save 8$ dollars --hey, that's the price of a meal in a food court so it's not that bad-- but I'd really like to see it happen on all the other ships of the fleet!

Had not seen that. Looks good.

Just saw this. New "island."
https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-confirms-newest-private-bahamas-destination/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter