CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I want them to release the new itineraries! There is a Carnival Horizon cruise for 2021 that I could book, they even have an aft-balcony family harbor cabin available, and only $100 for deposit... It's only 6-nights though and early saver so I wouldn't be able to change it. I am trying to wait until they give something for Mardi Gras so I can compare.

So one thing I have noticed on the new website is that our 2 cabins show up as one reservation tab. We always book 2 cabins and they used to show up in the account as 2 reservations. They are still technically 2 reservations but now show up under one tab. I love it. Much cleaner.

So one thing I have noticed on the new website is that our 2 cabins show up as one reservation tab. We always book 2 cabins and they used to show up in the account as 2 reservations. They are still technically 2 reservations but now show up under one tab. I love it. Much cleaner.

I just did the Early Check-In and it was very efficient too. So far, I love the new website.

Still waiting for Mardi Gras news... he posted today that it will be "this week". But of course I am doubtful :)

I don't mind the new website stuff, I didn't have a problem with the old one but at least the new one isn't worse, as sometimes happens! I am waiting for excursions to open up on my cruise for 2020. I'm excited to see what they will offer in Curacao, we are there from 9AM to 11PM. That's such a long day in port! I mean I travel with my kid so I don't see any nightlife lol, but we could spend so long at the beach or something. So excited for that! Can't wait. I do with it was this year lol, it has been so cold here. Facebook is reminding me that two years ago I was on a cruise this time of year.

Still waiting for Mardi Gras news... he posted today that it will be "this week". But of course I am doubtful :)

I don't mind the new website stuff, I didn't have a problem with the old one but at least the new one isn't worse, as sometimes happens! I am waiting for excursions to open up on my cruise for 2020. I'm excited to see what they will offer in Curacao, we are there from 9AM to 11PM. That's such a long day in port! I mean I travel with my kid so I don't see any nightlife lol, but we could spend so long at the beach or something. So excited for that! Can't wait. I do with it was this year lol, it has been so cold here. Facebook is reminding me that two years ago I was on a cruise this time of year.

I've been getting notices all week that I was on a Disney cruise 4 years ago! As much as I'd love to go on another one, my wallet is happy with the Carnival cruise we've booked for October!

I've been getting notices all week that I was on a Disney cruise 4 years ago! As much as I'd love to go on another one, my wallet is happy with the Carnival cruise we've booked for October!

The beauty of it all:

If your budget permits... You can always put money on the side to go on another Disney cruise while going on Carnival cruises... :)

I'm part of some cruise related group on FB and I come across so many mean comments on "lower class of people" on Carnival ships...

That type of comments breaks my heart... It's so unfair! I've seen so many nice people on all the Carnival ships I've been on (and I like you guys very much).

I'm part of some cruise related group on FB and I come across so many mean comments on "lower class of people" on Carnival ships...

That type of comments breaks my heart... It's so unfair! I've seen so many nice people on all the Carnival ships I've been on (and I like you guys very much).
And we like you too! I agree with what you said, I’ve met a lot more nice and genuine people on Carnival than DCL. Honestly, I think they’re a lot more fun too!

I do get amused by some of the Carnival “elite” who can only be happy when cruising in Suites, and talk about how much they spend on Carnival. It’s fun to knock them down a peg or too and tell them how much more I’ve apent on inside cabins on DCL. They don’t seem to think it’s funny like I do though.

Haha, when people assume Carnival is nothing but a party ship, I tell them about the time we went on the Legend out of Tampa in Feb. We (in our 40's) were definitely the lower age demographic on that ship! There was nothing going on after 9 PM, I would have liked a bit more "party" lol.

And we like you too! I agree with what you said, I’ve met a lot more nice and genuine people on Carnival than DCL. Honestly, I think they’re a lot more fun too!

I do get amused by some of the Carnival “elite” who can only be happy when cruising in Suites, and talk about how much they spend on Carnival. It’s fun to knock them down a peg or too and tell them how much more I’ve apent on inside cabins on DCL. They don’t seem to think it’s funny like I do though.

I would love to see that.

P.s. And thanks. :)

Haha, when people assume Carnival is nothing but a party ship, I tell them about the time we went on the Legend out of Tampa in Feb. We (in our 40's) were definitely the lower age demographic on that ship! There was nothing going on after 9 PM, I would have liked a bit more "party" lol.

Sounds like my kind of cruises. :)

My kids say the other kids are nicer on Carnival too. Lol

My kids say the other kids are nicer on Carnival too. Lol

Interesting. In your opinion, what is the difference between the two (groups of children).

I do not have kids so my interactions have been mostly with adults... On DCL, I've felt a lot of "Excuse me!" and "I've paid X thousands of dollars for this cruise" attitude... Which is kinda strange. Maybe I got lucky but I have never felt that in WDW (which can be cery expensive as well).

EDIT: The most recent bad comments I've seen come from RCCL groups. Apparently, paying 100$ more per person than a Carnival cruise gives you access to a whole new world of luxury. ;)

Last edited:
I couldn't resist. My husband and I keep saying (every year) we should have booked something in January...

I was taking a look at short cruises for January 2020 when I found this extremely cheap Celebrity Equinox 2 nights cruise departing from FLL... The total was 350$/pp... CAD* (!!!) including fees and taxes. (It's a good price. DH and I usually pay more than that for a week-end in NYC...!)

I booked a GTY inside cabin. It stops in Nassau so we'd stay on the ship. Also, we love FLL so, add one night in a hotel prior to the cruise and it would make an excellent short getaway! YOLO!

I know we can't predict the future and there are strong chances I might have to cancel it but I really want to try. Worst case scenario, the deposit is refundable. :)

*182$ USD/pp before taxes and fees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter