Carnage, Mayhem & Pixie Dust: a “frightful” & delightful Halloween-Inspired, Offsite TR (Oct. 2015)

We will be flying home together and probably having a sleepover at the Days??

That's so awesome!!! :cheer2: I can't wait for my family to meet yours!

We are going to spend the night at the Falls....we decided we'd rather tackle crossing the border at night versus during the day on the 27th. We'll make the short drive to Niagara and stay at the Country Inn & Suites. We can get a nicer, larger room there than at the Days Inn, too....and after a week at SVR a regular hotel room is almost too much togetherness than we can stand :rotfl: .

Gina we too love Celebration and have been at Halloween and Christmas. It can be busy, but parking is either on the street (although the Main Street is closed for the nightly snowing) or there is a small car park behind the shops, near to the hotel. We have always managed to find somewhere.

In July we ate at the Italian, D'Antonios and it was a lovely meal. Also enjoyed a few drinks and appetisers at the Celebration Town Tavern :thumbsup2

We plan to go early in the evening, so hopefully parking won't be too woefully tough to find. I have been watching youtube videos about the event and I'm getting really excited to visit!

That's so awesome!!! :cheer2: I can't wait for my family to meet yours!

We are going to spend the night at the Falls....we decided we'd rather tackle crossing the border at night versus during the day on the 27th. We'll make the short drive to Niagara and stay at the Country Inn & Suites. We can get a nicer, larger room there than at the Days Inn, too....and after a week at SVR a regular hotel room is almost too much togetherness than we can stand :rotfl: .

We plan to go early in the evening, so hopefully parking won't be too woefully tough to find. I have been watching youtube videos about the event and I'm getting really excited to visit!

It will be neat to meet :) we debated crossing as well and we usually stay at the Hampton inn River Road. But we don't feel the whole cleaning off the car and warming it up to drive across. Plus the return night they gave me $71.00 so figured it was easier. See u soon.

Ummmm, wait - so your trip report is done? What will I do to pass the time until you get back from your next vacay??

Beautiful photo book. I love that quote, "We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us." That's the truth, I will have to remember that one. I also like that Irish quote on the Finnegan's page...ain't that the truth! A long sleep sure does feel like the cure for almost anything some days :)

I also love that list, I am going to have to make one like that!

Loved your TR as always, sorry I didn't take the time to comment as much as I would have liked but know I absolutely love following along. I learn so much through your reports. You also may have talked me into watching Despicable me 2 along with the new Minions movies :) I have a restaurant recommendations for ya The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar. We actually visited one for the first time on a trip to NC and are very excited to visit the Orlando location on our trip. When we were there we ordered the Bento box that had sliders, sushi, sweet potato fries and edamame. If you aren't into all that I have read great things about their burgers and hope to try one that I spied on the menu that had peanut butter on it...haha. but really their burger menu had quite the variety and everything was so fresh and tasty. We seem to enjoy similar restaurants and I have nothing but great things to say about them so I think you all would like it as well :)

Another great trip report Gina. Enjoy your Christmas vacation with your family. It is my favorite time of year there. Anxiously awaiting the report. Merry Christmas!

Wait, I am not ready for your TR to be over! I think you should start a daily blog. Your writing is so entertaining. Have you started a PTR for Christmas? :santa:

I love me some Cracker Barrel every time we are in the US. Especially the sides... I could live on those alone.

Sad to see the trip come to an end...but it sure looked like a good one!

Brings to mind one of my favourite end-of-vacation quotes: "Don't cry because its over....smile because it happened" :thumbsup2 .3

Ummmm, wait - so your trip report is done? What will I do to pass the time until you get back from your next vacay??

lol, the next one is not far off :goodvibes . If I ever manage to unbury myself at work, I might spend my lunch hours typing away again on a PTR. For some reason, the last week or so has been absolutely NUTS at my office :crazy2: . Of course, it could be because I'm trying to cram my entire month of December into the first 17 days of the month :rolleyes1 .

Beautiful photo book. I love that quote, "We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us." That's the truth, I will have to remember that one. I also like that Irish quote on the Finnegan's page...ain't that the truth! A long sleep sure does feel like the cure for almost anything some days :)

I also love that list, I am going to have to make one like that!

We tend to forget some of the small stuff we've done on those earlier trips, so the list helps us keep a bit of a running summary without having to utilize too much brain power :laughing: . It's our family mission to add at least one new thing to each side of the list on each vacation :thumbsup2 .

Loved your TR as always, sorry I didn't take the time to comment as much as I would have liked but know I absolutely love following along. I learn so much through your reports. You also may have talked me into watching Despicable me 2 along with the new Minions movies :) I have a restaurant recommendations for ya The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar. We actually visited one for the first time on a trip to NC and are very excited to visit the Orlando location on our trip. When we were there we ordered the Bento box that had sliders, sushi, sweet potato fries and edamame. If you aren't into all that I have read great things about their burgers and hope to try one that I spied on the menu that had peanut butter on it...haha. but really their burger menu had quite the variety and everything was so fresh and tasty. We seem to enjoy similar restaurants and I have nothing but great things to say about them so I think you all would like it as well :)

Did you end up watching DM2 or the Minions movie?? I hope you loved them as much as I did!!

We're not sushi fans, but burgers are a food group for my Steve :rotfl2: . Cowfish would be worth a try for that alone. You never know, it may make it on our to-do list for April before our AP's expire (might as well save 20% while we can!!).

Another great trip report Gina. Enjoy your Christmas vacation with your family. It is my favorite time of year there. Anxiously awaiting the report. Merry Christmas!

Thanks, my friend :goodvibes . I'm definitely already dreaming of a "Green Christmas" :teeth: . I hope you'll join me again on that trip report as well!

Wait, I am not ready for your TR to be over! I think you should start a daily blog. Your writing is so entertaining. Have you started a PTR for Christmas? :santa:

Aw, thank you ElenaJane! I definitely lead a much too boring life to be a blogger, but I do enjoy sharing my trip reports with my Disfriends :).

No PTR just yet for our Christmas getaway, but I'm hoping to maybe get one started on the weekend. Between being bogged down at work and trying to get all my holiday tasks done (shopping, wrapping, Christmas cards, and the list goes on!!) I will admit to sloughing off my PTR duties. But its coming! Eventually ;) . I will definitely post a link to it here on this thread once it goes live.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your report- like always. I didn't have time to comment much but have read the whole thing. I thought of you on Black Friday and hoped Seaworld had a great sale for you. The weather here in upstate NY has been very mild except for that short blast of winter the weekend you returned from Florida. Maybe it will keep up and make travels at Christmas easy. We fly out of Binghamton on the 26th to visit my mom in Ohio so I am with you on hoping for no weather worries in NY those days after Christmas!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your report- like always. I didn't have time to comment much but have read the whole thing. I thought of you on Black Friday and hoped Seaworld had a great sale for you. The weather here in upstate NY has been very mild except for that short blast of winter the weekend you returned from Florida. Maybe it will keep up and make travels at Christmas easy. We fly out of Binghamton on the 26th to visit my mom in Ohio so I am with you on hoping for no weather worries in NY those days after Christmas!

I have definitely let Santa know that all I want for Christmas is good travel weather :santa: (well, that and some Florida sunshine :sunny: ... I have been a very good girl this year, after all! :rotfl:). The 2014 "Snowmageddon" that hit Buffalo is always there in the back of my mind. Last year, we were in Niagara Falls from the 20th to the 24th of December and it was so mild we didn't even wear coats as we strolled along the Gorge. A repeat of that this year sure would be awesome!!

Fingers crossed for good travel weather for both of us :thumbsup2 .

I have definitely let Santa know that all I want for Christmas is good travel weather :santa: (well, that and some Florida sunshine :sunny: ... I have been a very good girl this year, after all! :rotfl:). The 2014 "Snowmageddon" that hit Buffalo is always there in the back of my mind. Last year, we were in Niagara Falls from the 20th to the 24th of December and it was so mild we didn't even wear coats as we strolled along the Gorge. A repeat of that this year sure would be awesome!!

Fingers crossed for good travel weather for both of us :thumbsup2 .
I am.hoping for the same travel weather as well. We travelled to buffalo right after that storm last year.

I am.hoping for the same travel weather as well. We travelled to buffalo right after that storm last year.

Ugh.....that must have been awful!!! Our commute is bad, but yours is even worse...how many hours does it take for you guys to get to BUF from home? 7 hours or so? :crazy2: (makes our 3.5 - 4 hour seem pretty manageable in comparison)

Ugh.....that must have been awful!!! Our commute is bad, but yours is even worse...how many hours does it take for you guys to get to BUF from home? 7 hours or so? :crazy2: (makes our 3.5 - 4 hour seem pretty manageable in comparison)
You nailed it. About 7 hours. Mind you we did this run last Friday night to take my 14 year old and her best friend (black Friday weekend) for her birthday weekend to see Mariana's Trench in Niagara Falls, NY, we left Sudbury at 2,(1.5 hours from us) should have been in Niagara about 7 ish. got into our hotel room at 10:45 pm, because we hit rush hour on the 400, bloody nightmare, we have a company vehicle, so jumping on the 407 etr wasn't an option, head office gets the bill, but coming home, we said screw it, and we were in our driveway coming home, 6.5 hours later. I am not looking forward to doing the drive again. But oh well, it's better then crazy Pearson in the long run. Safe travels.

I found your report and really enjoyed reading all about your trip. I really enjoyed your detailed writing of all the things you did and also love the food reports. My DD 16 and I travel together and we love Universal, we were there last November and it was so quiet, we walked on everything. We loved seeing Diagon Alley for the first time. I will be looking forward to your next reports. Love your minions!

I found your report and really enjoyed reading all about your trip. I really enjoyed your detailed writing of all the things you did and also love the food reports. My DD 16 and I travel together and we love Universal, we were there last November and it was so quiet, we walked on everything. We loved seeing Diagon Alley for the first time. I will be looking forward to your next reports. Love your minions!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Another great TR Gina, yours are the best! Headed over to start your Christmas PTR. Just a heads up, we have a Freddy,s near us that just opened and it is great,wonderful burgers,dogs, fries and ice cream. Huge servings and very reasonable priced. Sonnys is also great. We have been eating at one close to home for 25 plus years. I love the chicken and ribs and husband and son love the sliced pork. They have all you can eat deals pretty cheap.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter