Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you follow the link in my signature you can get to a map of the resort. Each village has its own parking lot. Are you referring to the main building where you check in or Old Port Royale where the food court is.

The construction is just around the pool area.

The map answered my questions-thanks for the link (I was referring to main check in building)

Good to know each has own parking lot.

Thanks for all your help

Just about the only time you would go to the main building is at check in and check out. You can purchase tickets, check on dining at the guest concierge desk in the food court.

I have been reading this thread for about an hour now and have found the info to be extremely valuable. I have a couple questions about the resort still remaining... but only because I don't have the time to read all 167 pages of this thread.

We are heading down to the World this weekend and have been "upgraded" from a value resort to Caribbean Beach. I have read about all of the construction at the resort in the thread and am hoping that it won't put a damper on our experience. CM didn't mention the construction when the upgrade was offered. I know that the resort has many pools and understand that the main pool is under construction. How are the other pools?
Are any of the walkways under construction?

Do the refridgerators have an honor bar??? If so can they be locked?

Are the buses full when they get to the later stops in the morning? I saw on the map that there are many stops ... not just one like at the all stars. Should I be worried about that? we are traveling with a large group and do prefer to travel to the parks together. Will we get split up often?

Any other info about the resort would be great as I never stayed at the CB and am not familiar with it at all.

Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Safetymom:
On another thread someone is saying they have a flyer regarding the new pool with pics. Can you get a hold of this? I'd love to see photos..:rolleyes1

You are the CBR Queen... thank you!!!!:worship:
(maybe someday I'll take over....):rotfl:

Which Village should I stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort? I want to stay at either Barbadoes or Jamacia because the main pool at old port royale is closed down and they are adding waterslides, but any of thevillages will do.

I'm going CRAZY:scared1: Deciding! HELP!

Thanks, Shannon, 12 years old

Sorry If I sound like im spamming but my mom really has to know! I have triend Yahoo answers and nothing there!:upsidedow :woohoo: :beach:

On another thread someone is saying they have a flyer regarding the new pool with pics. Can you get a hold of this? I'd love to see photos..

Oh! I'd love to see that too! :) We are booked at CBR for our next trip in part because of what I've heard about the new pool. :) What thread mentions it?

Staying at CRB 16 Aug & was going to request Jamaica, now I'm wondering if it will be too busy, if getting slide. What would you recommend for me, dh & ds10 (loves the pool). We stayed st POFQ last year & enjoyed the spa & the bar there, does CBR have these? We have not been advised by our Travel agent about the pool closure & now I know feeling a little concerned, although I understand the other pools are quite good!

On our first trip with the kids, a big factor in choosing the WL was the balcony that DH and I could go out onto at night when the kids went to sleep. While I know that CBR does not have balconies, does anyone take their chairs outside the doors at night?
Does this make sense?

Stephensmum.....the CBR pool isn't scheduled to be open until september15th...so if I were you I would head to CSR or POR and wait for the CBR pool....it does make a difference without the main pool and it's cold here so in the heat I would definitely want the extra pool. The small pools would be jammed and they are pretty small.
Have a good trip.

How is the kids pirate adventure cruise working with all the rehab going on? Still a fun time for the kids?

Our children are reserved for 2/17/08 - because I figure the parks will be too crowded anyway!

:flower3: Know you Know everything about CBR..so here's my questions:
Where in your opinion are the best nonpreferred rooms? What village would you recommend right now with all the construction? We have stayed at Aruba before and seem to recall being told to ask for a corner room. I can't remember what numbers were recommended and have searched this thread for a while now.
Also, with all the construction, would the difference in price be just the same as staying at Pop? We LOVE CBR, but dh is concerned about the price and if
we stay and it's noisy, and cluttered he will have a duckfit..lol
Any comments would help greatly!
Thanks!
'92 offsite, 94 CBR, 94 CBR for anniversary, '98CBR, '01CBR, '04CBR, '06 offsite,'07 POP for 2 nites...March 11-17-08

I think you would like Jamica or Aruba. The noise hasn't been too bad especially from the other side of the lake. You will have a great time at CBR.

Hi there,

Reading through all of these FAQ has been terrific. Thank you so much for taking the time to address so many questions.

We will be at the CBR in Feb - we have 2 small kids and have already reserved a preferred room. I would love any advice about whether I should request Martinique or Trinidad North and any preference for building numbers.

We are renting a car so proximity to bus locations is not an issue. I am mostly concerned about being close to the food court amenities but not so close that noise is a factor. Both of my kids are little so they will be napping during the day. Also I am a little concerned about room cleanliness as I have read some very scary reviews on other sites.

Thanks for any advice about favorite buildings/rooms in the preferred locations that would be good for 2 little kids!!

Welcome to the DIS. I would suggest requesting Martinique. The sidewalk to Trinidad North is closed and requires a detour through the parkin lot.

The rooms are not near the construction so you should be fine. I have never had a bad room at CBR.

Thanks so much for the advice on Martinique. Based on what I had read, I was leaning towards this choice but just wanted to get your opinion.

Do you know if I should contact the CBR directly or call the WDW reservations line to make the specific request for Martinique? Also do you have any recommendations for how far in advance I should make the request as I already have a preferred room reserved?

We are very excited for our trip - it is our first with our kids!!

Thanks again for your help!!!

You should call reservations and have your request noted in your reservation. Disney will not guarantee that you will get your requests.

I'm staying at CBR in May and when I called to make my reservation I tried to request Martinique/non preferred room. I was told that I could not request Martinique because it is all preferred? Did Disney change it so Martinique is all preferred now or should I call back and see if I can get a more knowledgeable cast member?

I love reading through this FAQ! It's helping me get so excited about my stay at CBR!!! :yay:

I'm staying at CBR in May and when I called to make my reservation I tried to request Martinique/non preferred room. I was told that I could not request Martinique because it is all preferred? Did Disney change it so Martinique is all preferred now or should I call back and see if I can get a more knowledgeable cast member?

I love reading through this FAQ! It's helping me get so excited about my stay at CBR!!! :yay:

Not to my knowledge - our second to last trip we were in Martinique, the furthest bldg. from the food court for that village. I liked the location but would not consider that preferred.

Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter