Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetymom

dis veteran
DISNEY'S CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT

Christmas at CBR 2007 Photos

CBR construction pictures Oct 31, 2007 The beach near the pool is closed for construction. You can still reach the pool and the bridge over the island.

Construction Pictures Nov 13 2007

Construction Pictures Dec. 20, 2007

CBR Pool closed pictures Jan. 7,2008

CBR Pool construction and slide at Barbados Jan 11, 2008

Picture of the pirate slide area, courtesy of mollyseven

FACT- 1/7/08 - 9/15/08 - Old Port Royale Pool - During this rehab, the Barbados and Jamaica Village Pools will have slides added. The resort's recreation programs for children will also be enhanced while this rehab is taking place. As I receive any information I will update the information.

Welcome to the CBR FAQ's Part II. This thread will always be stuck at the top of the Resorts board along with all the other resorts.

Please sit back, kick your shoes off and enjoy reading about CBR. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them.

Phone: 407-934-3400

900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(for priority shipping)
Mailing Address:
Post Office Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
(for United States Postal Service deliveries)

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ’s

CBR opened Oct. 1988. The resort is arranged around a 42 acre lake. The size of the resort is 200 acres and has 2,112 guest rooms.

Where can I find a map of CBR?

http://www.idhal.com/CBR/cbr.html

Where can I find pictures of the resort?

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=1770063

Can you tell me about the different villages at CBR?

There are 5 villages at CBR.
Trinidad - 576 Rooms - Terra Cotta, Bronze, Green color scheme; Trinidad, buildings 3100, 3200, 3300 are located in close proximity to Old Port Royale.
Martinique - 384 Rooms - Sea Blue, Red/Pink Trim color scheme
Barbados - 384 Rooms - Salmon, Pink/Teal color scheme
Aruba - 384 Rooms - Pink Purple with Teal Roofs color scheme
Jamaica- 384 Rooms- Yellow, Blue

21 Special needs rooms
2,112 Non Smoking rooms
The entire resort is non smoking now. Here is a link to the Smoking areas at the resorts at WDW. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/

Bedding:Two Double beds are in each room except rooms with king beds. Rollaways $15.00 plus tax. Crib on request (under 3 years)

Each village has its own pool except Trinidad has 2.

Rooms can accommodate up to 4 people. There is a curtain between the room and the sink area. Coffeepots, full size ironing boards and irons, hair dryer are provided. Mickey bar soap and shampoo is provided daily.
They are all 2 story buildings. They have no elevators. They also now have refrigerators in every room. http://www.idhal.com/photogallery/photo2058/real_p.htm

Preferred locations
Martinique it will be buildings 24, 25, 26. In Trinidad North it will be 31,32,33. The additional charge will be $15 per night.

How do I check in at CBR? Where can I buy tickets?

You will need to stop at the guard shack before entering CBR. Be sure to have your room confirmation and a Photo ID to show the guard. He will direct you to the Customs House. There is a guest services window in the Customs house. They can help with information, priority seatings, ticket information.

Where can I buy meals, souvenirs, play games, etc.?

You would need to go to Old Port Royale. This is where the food court, gift shop, video arcade, sit down restaurant, is located. The food court area has a central check out with different stations serving a variety of meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. There is a sit down area and there is also the Grab and Go market area with separate check out. The Grab and Go market has different selections during the day. Varies from bread, bagels, donuts, cereal, sandwiches, beer, wine, desserts, etc.

Shutters at Old Port Royale is the sit down restaurant. You can make Priority seatings for this restaurant.

What is the island in the middle of the lake?

The island is called Caribbean Cay(used to be called Parrot Cay). It has several play areas for kids and some tucked away romantic benches for adults. There are bridges that connect the island to the mainland. It is great to walk around the island and enjoy the views.

How far is it to walk around the lake?

The distance around the lake is 1.4 miles. It is great for walking, jogging, and riding bicycles.

Where can I rent boats and bicycles?

Marina, Barefoot Bay Boat Yard (407) 934-2851
Old Port Royale/Lighthouse
Hours: (subject to change)
10:00am - 5:00pm
Last rental at closing
Lake cleared 30 minutes after closing
Marina hours are approximate (may close due to inclement weather)
Rentals:
Sea Raycer by Sea Ray®: $24.00(plus tax) per 30 mins. 38.00 per hour.
Canoe 3 guests max $6.50 per 30 mins. Sun Tracker®Pontoon Boats: $42.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Pedal Boats: (1-4 passengers) $6.50 (plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Sailboats: (1-2 passengers): $20.00(plus tax) per hour
17' Boston Whaler Montauk 6 guests max. $33.00 per 30 mins.

Boat Rentals

In order to rent watercraft, a guest must be 18 years of age and present a WDW Guest ID or valid driver's license.
Marina Plans for Walt Disney World Resort Guests only
Family Plan- Includes use of boats and bicycles for up to 5 guests for 10 calendar days. This offer is valid only for registered WDW Resort Guests. Boats/bicycles are available on a first come, first serve basis. Boats/bicycles included in this offer must be rented from the Caribbean Beach Marina only. Please call or visit the Caribbean Beach Marina for further details. Other restrictions may apply. (Surrey Bikes are not included)
Captain's Plan- (any combination) of boats and bicycles. This offer is available to all Guests, and boats/bicycles included in this offer must be rented from the Caribbean Beach Marina only. Boats/bicycles are available on a first come, first serve basis.

Requirements for driving watercraft: Not sure if this has changed lately!
A child must be at least 12 years old and at least 5-feet tall to drive the mouseboats There is a maximum combined weight of 320 lbs. permitted for a mouseboat.
Drivers of pontoon boats must be 18 years of age. (Maximum of 8 people)
Drivers of canopy boats must be 18 years of age. (Maximum of 6 people)
All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign a release.
Drivers 18 years of age must provide ID with birth date.

Bike Rentals
Barefoot Bay Bike Works: (407) 934-2851
Old Port Royale/Lighthouse
Hours- 10-5 daily( Subject to change)

Prices:
Mongoose® Bicycle: $8.00(plus tax) per hour/$22.00 (plus tax) per day
Surrey Bike (2-seater): $18.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Surrey Bike (4-seater): $22.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Children’s bikes, child seats and helmets are available
A limited number of children’s bikes have training wheels
No overnight rentals

What time are pools open and do I need to bring my room tools to the pool?

POOLS

Pool use is for Caribbean Beach Resort Guests and Disney Vacation Club Members ONLY. During certain times of the year, Disney Vacation Club usage may be suspended due to capacity. Please contact front desk to verify.

Pools are heated to approximately 82 degrees at all Walt Disney World Resorts
For safety, diaper-age children must wear plastic pants or swim diapers

Old Port Royale Main Pool

Pool Hours: 7:00am to midnight (subject to change)
Lifeguard/Slide Hours- 10am to 8pm (subject to change)

The main pool has water falls, a slide, a kiddie pool and a spa.
Towels: A limited supply of towels is available at the Old Port Royale pool ONLY. Guests may also bring towels from their room. There are no towels available at the Village Pools.

There are separate showers in the locker rooms at the Old Port Royale pool

There are coin operated lockers at the Old Port Royale pool only.

Village Pools

Hours:7:00am - midnight (subject to change)
Swimming, sunbathing, and coin operated laundry facility
No lifeguards at Village pools. Swim at own risk.

Towels: No towels available. Guests should bring towels from their room. Towels are only available at the feature pool.

Swimming is not permitted in the lake.

This is great. On these popular FAQ threads, you have to summarize and start over every once in a while.

Thanks for the work you've done!

Chairborne Ranger's Resort Presentations

The CBR presentation has some repeats. Anyone that wants to send me some unique or picturesque shots of CBR, I'll add them in. Hopefully 640x480 or larger.

I've not see an alligator at CBR but they are in the other lakes. The ducks, birds also use the lake as a bathroom sometimes.

Also amoeba live in the warm waters in FL. They have killed some when they inhaled the water.

We were told that there were turtles and that they didn't want them disturbed. Also, it's not very big when you consider there are also people boating etc. in the area.

I believe it is a liaility issue. Disney stopped allowing it after there were a number of deaths in FL by Encephylitas (SP?) induced by amoebas. It is a hazard in the ground water of FL. Most of southern FL is basically a slow moving, shallow river. A perfect breeding ground for critters and germs. Also Aligators are a regular occurance in WDW.

I have a question. Which island would you reccomend? My fiance and I are staying here for our honeymoon. I requested a king suite but I don't want to end up in Trinidad south and I was thinking of requesting Aruba or Jamaica. We are both non smokers and would rather not have to deal with alot of screaming children (I love kids but it is our honeymoon).

Either Aruba or Jamaica is a good choice. There are some people that like the seclusion of Trinidad South. It is very quiet and has its own beach and pool.

Thank you Safetymom for this thread. We will be at CBR for the first time on Thursday.

A couple of questions I didn't see the answer to on this thread.
1) What is the fax number for room requests;
2) Do they supply you with coffee during your entire visit or do I need to bring some?

Thanks!

I will have to look for a fax number. Most of the resorts aren't looking at faxes anymore. You should call central reservations and have them add your requests to your reservation. That way they don't have to match up a request with a reservation. It is already there. The CM's are also very good about granting room requests at check in.

Yes they do supply you with coffee when they see that you have used it.

Caribbean Beach 407-934-3400
Fax - 407-934-3288

About the coffee... Sometimes they did and sometimes they didn't replenish our supply. They didn't seem to have a rhyme or reason. I would make sure to leave a note for more coffee or do what I did and went to our Starbucks and they now have the 4-cup prepackaged in a filter packets.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the 4 cup prepacked at starbucks!

It is great to have all that information in the beginning of this new thread. I can hardly wait to get there. We are staying one night only at Pop and then 7 wonderful nights at CBR. I really appreciate all the information I have received here. Thanks for all the great work.:wave:

We are going to CBR in Dec. We will be staying at Martinique or Trinnad North. Out of the two which ones do you recommend and should it be first floor or second floor. We don not mind the stairs because we don't have any strollers to bring up. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Originally posted by Patcw
We are going to CBR in Dec. We will be staying at Martinique or Trinnad North. Out of the two which ones do you recommend and should it be first floor or second floor. We don not mind the stairs because we don't have any strollers to bring up. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Can't advise on the section as we're leaving for our first stay at CBR on Tuesday - but, with strollers not being an issue, I'd go for the second floor just to minimize the noise.

Did you pay extra? Those are preferred locations. Martinique is a little closer to the food court and it is easier to see the Epcot fireworks from that beach. You can't go wrong with either location.

Thanks for the updated FAQs. I can't wait!!!! I've never been there, but looks great and the price was awesome!!! :earseek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter