Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at CBR in June of 2007, building 25 Martinique. We plan on staying there again on our next vacation. I still plan on REQUESTING Marinique, building 25, but was thinking about asking for a specific section of rooms. Question is, does anyone know what the room numbers would be across from the beach/playground area of Martinique? It would be nice in case the kids wanted to go the beach. Yes, I do know it's the preferred section and that's O.K.

We stayed at CBR in June of 2007, building 25 Martinique. We plan on staying there again on our next vacation. I still plan on REQUESTING Marinique, building 25, but was thinking about asking for a specific section of rooms. Question is, does anyone know what the room numbers would be across from the beach/playground area of Martinique? It would be nice in case the kids wanted to go the beach. Yes, I do know it's the preferred section and that's O.K.
We stayed in Martinique 25 back in 2005, and had a 2nd floor room overlooking the beach (2549) -- here's the view we had:
Viewfromourdoor.jpg

One note -- the playground is NOT on that beach -- the one near Martinique is on the Barbados beach near Martinique 22. At least that's my recollection.

Great picture and exactly what I was looking for, beach and not the playground. I know I can only request a certain building and room, but you never know until you try. Thanks for the info.

hi, we just returned Jan 20 from CBR after staying 6 nights. We are a family of four and travelled with another family of four. We asked to have adjoining rooms and it was granted. We also asked for rooms in Martinique and we got them as well. We were a one minute walk to the food court. No outside noise at all. Great lake view, nice little beach. Main pool still under construction. Was not overly impressed with the room cleanliness but it wasn't horrible. The food court was clean, open, and busy but had good food and I thought a decent variety.

I had heard horrible reviews about the bus wait times. 85% of the time we waited 10min or less leaving the resort, 15 or 20 leaving the parks.

Staff were on hand to play games with the little kids and play on the beach with the kids. We go to Disney to do the parks all day basically every day. For that reason I would stay there again. If I was a lounger and wanted to relax in my room and swim in the pools I would probably book somewhere else.

How is the sit down restuarant at CBR? I know my parents will head back to the hotel before us and probably eat there. I never here much about it. They are not ADR people. Can they usually get in (when not peak meal times) without a long wait? Food? Thanks!

How is the sit down restuarant at CBR? I know my parents will head back to the hotel before us and probably eat there. I never here much about it. They are not ADR people. Can they usually get in (when not peak meal times) without a long wait? Food? Thanks!

We ate at Shutters a while ago, but I remember it being pretty good. It wasn't anything special, but the food was tasty and the service was fine. :goodvibes

We went to Shutters in October. We thought it was fabulous. We made ADR's at the desk outside the gift shop a couple hours before we wanted to go. They had availabilty. You might have your parents try that.

Denise

We went to Shutters in October. We thought it was fabulous. We made ADR's at the desk outside the gift shop a couple hours before we wanted to go. They had availabilty. You might have your parents try that.

Denise[/quot

My family was there in October as well. We had a wonderful meal at Shutters, it was one of our favorites. The service friendly and proficient, the food excellent. We got ADR's for dinner by calling in the afternoon when it was clear my DGD was not going to make it back out for the meal we had planned in EPCOT. I agree that it makes sense to try to make the ADR ahead of time becasue by dinnertime, while they were not turning people away, the waits were over an hour.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22748492&postcount=37 PIcture of the new slide area coming to the main pool. Courtesy of mollyseven.

I went over this morning to see if I could get a copy of this card they are handing out to guests at CBR. I tried concierge at the main building. They said they were out but housekeeping was supposed to have copies. I tried at the concierge desk at Old Port Royale. They had 3 large drawings of the new pool and area. It is going to be great. The pirate slide area should be a big hit with the kids. There is also a pirate fort area. The main pool is much larger.

I walked away and went to find some housekeepers. I asked 2 but there was a language barrier and they didn't know what I was asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter