Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed your review and pics. We just got back from CBR 2 weeks ago. We booked a preferred room and were also in Martinique 25. We had a good stay. Can you tell what the Disney Crud is? I'm a bit of a germophobe ;) . My DS had 104 fever while we were there and we took him ot the ER but he was okay just rundown.
I'm not the person who posted it, but I gotta chime in here.

"Disney crud" as used there was just an expression. There is no Disney-specific illness. Any time any of us travels anywhere, we incur an increased risk of getting sick. The main reason is that germs are slightly different in different areas. Your immune system knows how to fight off most of your local germs, but it is not as effective at fighting off unfamiliar germs. So even if you went to a small town in Arkansas (assuming you don't live there), you'd increase your risk of getting sick because your body might not know how to fight all of the "new" germs there. But when you travel to a huge international tourism destination, you encounter not only the local germs that are new to you but also all the germs that others bring from their local areas.

And in addition to all of the above, getting sick is also more common for travelers because travel places unfamiliar stresses on our bodies such as confinement in a small enclosed area (car, airplane) for longer than usual, more physical exercise/exertion than usual, poorer eating habits and food choices than usual, less water/beverage consumption than usual, more alcohol consumption that usual (for some folks, anyway), and so on.

So please, don't start having nightmares that there's a "Disney illness" going around.:scared1:

love the Nemo room! My youngest DD loves Nemo!!! Which bldgs offer this room?

They all will, eventually ... except for Trinidad South, which will be entirely pirate-themed. As of now, according to safetymom, Martinique and part of Barbados have been refurbished thus far.

Over the last 2 months, I have read just about all the 171 pages on this thread and I want to say thank you for all the wonderful advice, pictures, etc. We leave in 4 days, Oct 30-Nov 5. This is our first trip to WDW and I don't know who is more excited me or my 5 year old princess. We are staying at CBR. I've done the ADRs, got all of our stuff together, got our tickets and documents. Only thing to do is find out info about bottled water.

My DH drinks a lot of bottled water everyday. I do not want to use my snack credits to get him water. I've heard the tap water at Disney doesn't taste good. Is there a convenience store nearby CBR? Should we bring it with us in our luggage - flying SW so we can bring another suitcase? Any other suggestions?

One other question, is the BBB worth it for getting your princess' hair and nails done? We are eating dinner at the castle on Halloween night and then attending the Party. When I called reservations, they asked me about the BBB and I made an appt. Is it a must do or not?

Thanks!:woohoo:

My DH drinks a lot of bottled water everyday. I do not want to use my snack credits to get him water. I've heard the tap water at Disney doesn't taste good. Is there a convenience store nearby CBR? Should we bring it with us in our luggage - flying SW so we can bring another suitcase? Any other suggestions?

I too, drink a lot of bottled water. The tap water at Disney isn't the greatest. I bought a lot wherever I was which was very expensive. Several people have talked about having water delivered to the resort. I plan on doing that next time. It is very reasonable. Perhaps those that have done that in the past can share their experiences. My question would be is it delivered to the custom house - or can it be delivered directly to the room?

We leave in 4 days, Oct 30-Nov 5. This is our first trip to WDW and I don't know who is more excited me or my 5 year old princess.
One other question, is the BBB worth it for getting your princess' hair and nails done? We are eating dinner at the castle on Halloween night and then attending the Party. When I called reservations, they asked me about the BBB and I made an appt. Is it a must do or not?

Congrats on your 1st trip to WDW. They have buttons that say 1st trip. I think you either get them at check in or at guest services at the parks. You just need to ask. Don't try & do it all in one trip or you'll all be exhausted. Its amazing there though & the look on DDs face is worth every penny. BBB is sooo worth it. Took DD when she was 9 yo. She's now almost 15 & she's requested to go on our next trip. I'm signing myself up too. We just go for the basic package (hair, makeup, nails maybe?) The Halloween party is amazing & you have to see the parade. So worth every penny of extra money for the tickets. They have a neat dance party for the kids & trick or treating. Oh I want to go w/ you. Have a wonderful, magical vacation.

Have it shipped from Costco. You don't have to be a member, and shipping is free. A case of 24 bottles will cost about $7.80 including tax and the non-member surcharge.

Have it sent to the following address (replace the stuff in blue with your actual info):

Your Name (Guest)
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 CAYMAN WAY
HOLD FOR GUEST ARRIVAL 10/30/08
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8411

Shipping takes three days, so I would order it no earlier than 6 days in advance so that it arrives within four days of you checking in, as the resort won't have your reservation in their system before that.

Perhaps those that have done that in the past can share their experiences. My question would be is it delivered to the custom house - or can it be delivered directly to the room?

The whole process was very easy. The water will be delivered to the Customs House, but bell services can deliver it to your room after you check in (although you do have to tip them). I ordered three cases but only used one -- the other two I left for another DISser who checked in after me. The water was delivered 3 days after I ordered it.

I'm not the person who posted it, but I gotta chime in here.

"Disney crud" as used there was just an expression. There is no Disney-specific illness. Any time any of us travels anywhere, we incur an increased risk of getting sick. The main reason is that germs are slightly different in different areas. Your immune system knows how to fight off most of your local germs, but it is not as effective at fighting off unfamiliar germs. So even if you went to a small town in Arkansas (assuming you don't live there), you'd increase your risk of getting sick because your body might not know how to fight all of the "new" germs there. But when you travel to a huge international tourism destination, you encounter not only the local germs that are new to you but also all the germs that others bring from their local areas.

And in addition to all of the above, getting sick is also more common for travelers because travel places unfamiliar stresses on our bodies such as confinement in a small enclosed area (car, airplane) for longer than usual, more physical exercise/exertion than usual, poorer eating habits and food choices than usual, less water/beverage consumption than usual, more alcohol consumption that usual (for some folks, anyway), and so on.

So please, don't start having nightmares that there's a "Disney illness" going around.:scared1:

:lmao: I know what you mean. i just wanted to know what they came down with?? We were on a Grand gathering in the begining of the month and it seemed we all had something different. The other we tarveled had a few stomach issues. My DS had a high mystery fever :confused3 and I had a sinus infection the day we got home. There are so many germs in Disney, it's not funny. I just like to come prepared with wipes, sanitizer and Lysol ;) .

Hi all, hubby and I will be staying at CBR for the first time in December. Can anyone tell me if they sell mineral water at the store at CBR. Thank you

If we get there around noon and we cannot get into our room yet, is there somewhere we can change and leave our carry on stuff until our room is ready?

For those who went recently, what were some of the Caribbean Beach Resort themed souvenirs available in the gift shop?

We were there in August. There were, of course, tshirts and hats with CBR on them. There were also magnets, glasses and pins with the logo on them. The CBR also sells coconut postcards which make really cute souveniers.

Yes, you can send packages ahead, and when you check in there will be a note on your reservation that you have a package waiting for you. The check-in desk will either retrieve it for you, or you have have bell services deliver it to your room.

Have it sent to the following address (replace the stuff in blue with your actual info):

Your Name (Guest)
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 CAYMAN WAY
HOLD FOR GUEST ARRIVAL 11/09/08
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8411

I would send it so that it arrives within four days of you checking in, as the resort won't have your reservation in their system before that.

I just went to ship a package(snacks) by UPS to CBR. I used the address above. The man there told me that the zip code listed on the address was for a P.O. BOX.:confused3 He asked me did I want him to override the computer and mail it anyway. I said yes. Has anyone ever used this address and not ever received their package?:confused:

Ok, I am trying to figure out what room area to try and stay in for our upcoming trip. I would like to be very close to Old Port Royal and within a few minutes of a bus stop. Being relatively close to the newly renovated pool is a secondary plus.

Thanks for your help!!

Ok i need a suggestion from people. If I am leaving on Tuesday Dec. 2nd and want to ship a package to CBR from PA when should i send it? How long will Disney hold a package? If i sent it the friday before is that ok? Or does it need to be before that. Thanks!

Ok, I am trying to figure out what room area to try and stay in for our upcoming trip. I would like to be very close to Old Port Royal and within a few minutes of a bus stop. Being relatively close to the newly renovated pool is a secondary plus.

Thanks for your help!!

If you're willing to pay for a preferred location, Martinique 26 is close to the main pool and very close to the Old Port Royale bus stop. So you could pay for preferred and request Martinique 26 -- but there's no guarantee you'd get that particular building. You could easily be in Martinique 24 or 25, or Trinidad North 31, 32, or 33 -- all preferred locations, all close to the main pool. Frankly, none of the buildings at CBR are far from a bus stop, but to me it looks like Martinique 26 would fit your request the best.

Over the last 2 months, I have read just about all the 171 pages on this thread and I want to say thank you for all the wonderful advice, pictures, etc. We leave in 4 days, Oct 30-Nov 5. This is our first trip to WDW and I don't know who is more excited me or my 5 year old princess. We are staying at CBR. I've done the ADRs, got all of our stuff together, got our tickets and documents. Only thing to do is find out info about bottled water.

The suitcase idea is great, unless one of the bottles breaks. We ordered a case from Garden Grocer.

About BBB: My dd wanted to do it so BAD!!! We will be doing it in our next trip. I say that it is worth it. How often do they get to be a real princess. princess: The bus driver even played a special annoucement that we had a princess on the bus. You can bring a princess dress and put it in her before the appt. That will save you some money. FYI: Bring an extra comb on vacation (you need to bring it with you to the appt) and make sure that her nails are clean (no polish).

Have a GREAT time!:pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter