Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're willing to pay for a preferred location, Martinique 26 is close to the main pool and very close to the Old Port Royale bus stop. So you could pay for preferred and request Martinique 26 -- but there's no guarantee you'd get that particular building. You could easily be in Martinique 24 or 25, or Trinidad North 31, 32, or 33 -- all preferred locations, all close to the main pool. Frankly, none of the buildings at CBR are far from a bus stop, but to me it looks like Martinique 26 would fit your request the best.

Do you know how much more it usually is for a preferred location?

Last time we booked prefered at CBR is was $15 more per ngt. Well worth it! It's $12 more at a value.

Hope this helps!

We got back on the 13th, but I have been so busy I haven't had time to log on and post this. We stayed in building 45 in Aruba. I absolutely loved this resort. My mom was in an adjoining room and she loved this resort. She is 68. My kids loved the pool. So much so that we had to go to the pool 7 out of 8 days. The landscape is absolutely beautiful. I can't tell you how many pictures I took. We loved walking through Caribbean Cay to get to Old Port Royale. We found something new everyday. My kids loved the "Crush" turtles in the lake by the docks. Our building was so quiet it was great. It was relaxing. An extremely nice break from the parks. I would recommend it to anyone with small kids. The beach with the playground equipment was also a hit with them. We did rent a car though.

I have paid extra to stay at Martinique. Should I ask for #26 when I get there?

Also, where is it that you can see Illuminations from at CBR?

Also, how long will it take to get to the Poly for a 9:30 breakfast?

Thanks for any help!

The best views of Illuminations are from the waterfront near Old Port Royale, the Marina, and the Martinique Beach. You can also see it from the Aruba parking lot.

You can even see parts of Wishes if you stand outside of Shutters at Old Port Royale. The lower fireworks are blocked by Spaceship Earth at EPCOT but you can see the higher ones.

Have it shipped from Costco. You don't have to be a member, and shipping is free. A case of 24 bottles will cost about $7.80 including tax and the non-member surcharge.

Have it sent to the following address (replace the stuff in blue with your actual info):

Your Name (Guest)
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 CAYMAN WAY
HOLD FOR GUEST ARRIVAL 10/30/08
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8411

Shipping takes three days, so I would order it no earlier than 6 days in advance so that it arrives within four days of you checking in, as the resort won't have your reservation in their system before that.

The whole process was very easy. The water will be delivered to the Customs House, but bell services can deliver it to your room after you check in (although you do have to tip them). I ordered three cases but only used one -- the other two I left for another DISser who checked in after me. The water was delivered 3 days after I ordered it.

Thank you so much. Just ordered 2 cases of water for $15. It should get there the same day as we do. I was surprised at how easy it was to order from Costco. Thanks so much!! 3 nights and 3 days until WDW. :banana:

Congrats on your 1st trip to WDW. They have buttons that say 1st trip. I think you either get them at check in or at guest services at the parks. You just need to ask. Don't try & do it all in one trip or you'll all be exhausted. Its amazing there though & the look on DDs face is worth every penny. BBB is sooo worth it. Took DD when she was 9 yo. She's now almost 15 & she's requested to go on our next trip. I'm signing myself up too. We just go for the basic package (hair, makeup, nails maybe?) The Halloween party is amazing & you have to see the parade. So worth every penny of extra money for the tickets. They have a neat dance party for the kids & trick or treating. Oh I want to go w/ you. Have a wonderful, magical vacation.

I will have to find those buttons. On Halloween day, we eat breakfast with Pooh, ride a ride or two, then we have a ressie at BBB, then dinner at the Castle, then we have tickets for the party. DD has a new Aurora outfit. She has worn it nearly everyday for the last week. Thanks!princess:

I have paid extra to stay at Martinique. Should I ask for #26 when I get there?
I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but I just want to make sure that you don't get disappointed or angry when you get there.

You paid extra for a Preferred Location room. You may have requested Martinique, but you can't specifically pay for and guarantee a certain village. Since you paid for Preferred Location, your room will be in Martinique OR Trinidad North.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but I just want to make sure that you don't get disappointed or angry when you get there.

You paid extra for a Preferred Location room. You may have requested Martinique, but you can't specifically pay for and guarantee a certain village. Since you paid for Preferred Location, your room will be in Martinique OR Trinidad North.

Okay, I didn't know that. I'm not that picky and would NEVER get angry at Disney! I'll keep that in mind and I guess I'll take what I get!

For those who went recently, what were some of the Caribbean Beach Resort themed souvenirs available in the gift shop?

Some of these were listed already. But they had beach towels, magnets, Tshirts, Sweatshirts, Hats, postcards, coconut postcards, pins, glasses and really nice pictures they were like paintings.
They also had ton of Pirate themed souvenirs too like the plush pirte Mickey & minnie and lots of the priate toys like the hook, swords, pirate patches and toy guns.

I know this has been answered before, but after reading through every page, I just can't remember where it was. What's the bus stop schedule? Meaning the order they hit the stops...

Thanks!

We got back on the 13th, but I have been so busy I haven't had time to log on and post this. We stayed in building 45 in Aruba. I absolutely loved this resort. My mom was in an adjoining room and she loved this resort. She is 68. My kids loved the pool. So much so that we had to go to the pool 7 out of 8 days. The landscape is absolutely beautiful. I can't tell you how many pictures I took. We loved walking through Caribbean Cay to get to Old Port Royale. We found something new everyday. My kids loved the "Crush" turtles in the lake by the docks. Our building was so quiet it was great. It was relaxing. An extremely nice break from the parks. I would recommend it to anyone with small kids. The beach with the playground equipment was also a hit with them. We did rent a car though.

I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful stay at CBR!! Sounds like your family loves it as much as we do! :)

Welcome back! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed your trip to CBR! We can't wait to be back in just 85 days!! :cool1:

Thanks for sharing.

*post respectfully snipped*

We got back on the 13th, but I have been so busy I haven't had time to log on and post this. I can't tell you how many pictures I took.

Hi, welcome back. Do you think you will be able to post some pictures of the resort? We only spent one night at CBR in mid-Oct, and didn't get to take as many pics as I wanted to. Would love to see yours. Don't worry if you are unable to, just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

my Caribbean Beach resort report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1988280

My DH drinks a lot of bottled water everyday. I do not want to use my snack credits to get him water. I've heard the tap water at Disney doesn't taste good. :woohoo:

*post respectfully snipped*

I do not like FL water either, but for the past 3 trips, we have saved a lot of money using individual water bottle filters instead of buying all that water in individual bottles. No need to purchase bottled water. You can use Pure Water To Go individual water bottle filters (we found out about them from DISboards). :)

We just keep refilling these bottles with water and use the same filter. We have been using this brand for a few years now (ever since Brita discontinued their water to go bottles) and have been very happy with them. They really work!

Here is a review on Pure Water To Go filters with a link to the web site too.
http://sharedreviews.com/review/revi...-bottled-water

We actually paid extra for preferred location last year as it was the only thing available when we made ressies. At check in we were told that there were no preferred location rooms available and they would give us a "water view" for the same price. There are no balconies so a water view means nothing. I asked for a standard room and to be credited the difference. They said no.

In the end I settled with a "water view" in Jamaica. I LOVED the location, but was annoyed that I had to pay so much.

I changed our ressie last night. Now we are going Jan14-18, instead of Dec30-Jan30.

Should be less crowded, right??

Should I stick with CBR? Never stayed there and have had my mind set. Now, I am questioning myself. The other mods are all available. It is just me and DH on this one. Celebrating our 5th anniversary./ when we actually had our Honeymoon.

I think I am going coo-koo!:laughing:

Some of these were listed already. But they had beach towels, magnets, Tshirts, Sweatshirts, Hats, postcards, coconut postcards, pins, glasses and really nice pictures they were like paintings.
They also had ton of Pirate themed souvenirs too like the plush pirte Mickey & minnie and lots of the priate toys like the hook, swords, pirate patches and toy guns.

What kind of nice pictures did they have, what were the pictures of, and were they like posters rolled or on a cardboard, or framed?

We actually paid extra for preferred location last year as it was the only thing available when we made ressies. At check in we were told that there were no preferred location rooms available and they would give us a "water view" for the same price. There are no balconies so a water view means nothing. I asked for a standard room and to be credited the difference. They said no.

In the end I settled with a "water view" in Jamaica. I LOVED the location, but was annoyed that I had to pay so much.

I have to say if I paid for preferred room and couldn't get it I'd be mad because that's all they told me was available when making ressies, so no other choice if wanting to stay there. Then, when I get there, there is no preferred available, they should be trying to accomodate me. Do other people pay that much extra for water view? Anyway, if I paid for preferred and it wasn't available and I had really wanted standard, I think they should give me standard and credit me the difference. Why should they book my room on the premise of one thing and then back out but still expect me to pay for the convenience of preferred but without the benefits? I don't know, that just seems wrong. That could really turn into quite a scam, (not saying it is one ), saying standard is not available then, knowing they've overbooked. They could certainly afford the credit to your account with the various pins and codes, etc. that they offer at various times. It's not like you were asking for something extra. Hopefully I won't get flamed for this opinion, just seems wrong and I'd be really upset with them taking advantage of me with something that was wrong on their end. How did they have a room when you booked, but not when you actually got there?

I changed our ressie last night. Now we are going Jan14-18, instead of Dec30-Jan30.
Should be less crowded, right??

Should I stick with CBR? Never stayed there and have had my mind set. Now, I am questioning myself. The other mods are all available. It is just me and DH on this one. Celebrating our 5th anniversary./ when we actually had our Honeymoon.

I think I am going coo-koo!:laughing:

I think you will have a great time there at CBR, it's so beautiful and romantic! Have an awesome anniversary trip! And, yes, should be less crowded. We went on the first of Jan one yr and event that day and the following week, it was pretty quiet! But, did you really have a month long trip from Dec 30 to Jan 30 and drop to a 4 day trip? Wow!

I will have to find those buttons. On Halloween day, we eat breakfast with Pooh, ride a ride or two, then we have a ressie at BBB, then dinner at the Castle, then we have tickets for the party. DD has a new Aurora outfit. She has worn it nearly everyday for the last week. Thanks!princess:
You can get the first visit buttons at the check-in counter, just remind whomever is checking you in that it's a first visit... We got one for my youngest cousin on our previous trip because it was her first time at WDW too! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter