Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirate rooms aren't just a request. You have to book them and it's $25/nt. extra. You could call for availability for your dates and have them switch your ressie.

We were just there early Feb and half wanted to but didn't think it was worth the $$ for the little bit that we're in the room. So many other things to spend $$ on but that's just me. ymmv. :goodvibes

Wow, thanks for the info. I guess if it didn't ask if I wanted a special room when I booked it probably means there were none available. I'm not sure if it would be worth the extra money either, especially since we are not doing a dining plan this time and will have to pay oop for food.

There are NO king beds in the Pirate themed rooms ... all of the Pirate rooms have 2 double beds, no exceptions.

King-size bed is a bookable category in the rest of the resort, and all of the non-Pirate rooms in the resort have a subtle Nemo theme.
thanks

We are going to CRB in May what is the deal with the refillable mugs. How much are they and were can they be used?

Each mug costs $12.99 + tax. The only place it can be refilled is at the beverage counters at the food court inside Old Port Royale. It works this way at each resort.

Anyone have any experience with requesting that the bed spreads and such be laundered.

DS and DD as well as myself have terrible allergies to dust and mold. I always have such problems in hotels. I really don't want to end up with someone sick right away.

Is it better to request and expect that it will be honored or expect that it won't happen and wash them myself after we get there?

Anyone have any experience with requesting that the bed spreads and such be laundered.

DS and DD as well as myself have terrible allergies to dust and mold. I always have such problems in hotels. I really don't want to end up with someone sick right away.

Is it better to request and expect that it will be honored or expect that it won't happen and wash them myself after we get there?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you can just let them know you have allergies, and they will bring freshly washed, sealed in plastic linens to your room. Let them know at the front desk, but call housekeeping yourself when you get to your room to be sure they received the request.

Hi, just booked my first vacation to a Disney resort, we wanted to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort, all I could get on the Disney website was a King room, so we are booked in for a king room in May. Any tips or advise would be appreciated. I hope the King rooms are OK.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you can just let them know you have allergies, and they will bring freshly washed, sealed in plastic linens to your room. Let them know at the front desk, but call housekeeping yourself when you get to your room to be sure they received the request.

We did this at POFQ because DS has allergies. They do a special clean for someone with allergies.

Do the fridges in the room have a freezer compartment? Could it freeze a small blue ice pack or a couple of Flavorice pops if left overnight in there?

Do the fridges in the room have a freezer compartment? Could it freeze a small blue ice pack or a couple of Flavorice pops if left overnight in there?

We have never had any luck with our fridges in our rooms for the last two years. They don't even seem to keep anything really cool. :confused3

My AAA agent is trying to switch us from POP to CBR for our June 21 to June 29 stay. I've convinced my son that he will love the new pool! Two years ago he was too small for the slide so this year he should just love it!

Where are the Pirate room areas compared to the main building? Is it a long walk from the main building?

Where are the Pirate room areas compared to the main building? Is it a long walk from the main building?

They are in Trinidad South. When we walked from the TS bus stop to OPR it took us 7 minutes. The TS bus stop is in the middle of the TS buildings, so some buildings are slightly closer and some are slightly further.

They are in Trinidad South. When we walked from the TS bus stop to OPR it took us 7 minutes. The TS bus stop is in the middle of the TS buildings, so some buildings are slightly closer and some are slightly further.

That's the exact same time it took us to walk from Trinidad South to Old Port Royale.

We weren't even staying in TS. I just had to get off the bus there one day to see if it truly was 20 minutes like you hear on these boards!! :rotfl: Not even close!

We didn't stay in TS either. I wanted to see if all the hoopla about the LONG walk was true. So, when we were walking around the resort and got to TS, I decided to time it.

We will be staying in a Pirate Room coming up in June. :cool1: I have a question about laundry rooms. We will have to do :laundy: laundry once or twice while we are there, and I was wondering how many washers and dryers are available at the laundry room near TS where the pirate rooms are. Any info would be greatly helpful. Thanks.:yay:

I was able to find the info on the first page. Thanks for all the info here.

They do not. You could take a Downy ball. You pour the fabric softener in it, close it up and toss it in at the beginning and it releases the softener into your wash during the right part of the cycle. I used one of those all through college and it worked great. The washers and dryers are pretty standard laundromat industrial with no bells or whistles. Plan on $4 to dry, though. Everyone was having to run the dryers for 2 cycles the day we did our laundry last week.

Thanks! I went to Target and got my downey ball.

Well I'm back and I have to say very disappointed. I was so excited and never take bad reviews to heart I always decided on my own. Well I really should have turned away from this resort.

We checked in and where given the room requested corner room first floor near parking SUPER. We get to the room I take the standard pictures and then I inspect the room. Well I look in the bathroom and the tub hadn't been cleaned check the sinks and there is toothpaste and fingernails in the sink. :eek: I call the front desk and ask for someone to clean the room and they suggest I move instead. Well I had asked for a preferred room since we had to move and ask they eat the extra $25/ night they agree. Well we get to the new room 2638 and it has a horrible odor and the bathtub again is not cleaned there is dirt on the floor hair and drops of brown yuck. :confused: I leave the room and go to the front desk and guess what the CM says they are going to VIP clean the room. :sad2: I never knew Disney had a special clean for VIP's. Well long story short they did a terrible job so I just did it myself. We were tired and just wanted a place to rest and so I cleaned the bathroom and had them bring me clean sheets and made the bed myself. W

I will have to say we loved the food court, gift shop and security other than that I will have to say we will not be returing to this resort and I am so very disappointed. I don't want to be flamed I just wanted to give you my review. I hope no one encounters these same problems.

Sorry you had such a problem! We leave a week from tomorrow and I am a little nervous, but hoping for the best! Thanks for the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter