• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't modify an ADR that I created?

garris3404

Focus on the magic!
I made my initial ADRs at the 180 day mark, and I've added some more since then. I need to increase the number of people on all my ADRs from 2 to 4. I chose to use the website. I went under 'My Plans' and selected 'Change Reservations'. I increased the number of people to 4, selected the nearest time to the original time, and pressed the 'Search' button. I selected the same original time and pressed the 'Change' button. I selected the guest names, and pressed the 'Done' button. I received an error [We were unable to complete your request; please try again.].

When I tried with the MDE app on my phone, I didn't have the option to modify. It states "Only the guest who made this reservation, can modify it, cancel it or update the party."

I AM THE ORIGINAL GUEST!! It's very frustrating!! When I attempt to make a brand new ADR for the same time, it gives me the warning that I already have an existing ADR.

I was successful modifying some. However, I was not allowed to finalize the changes on others. So I called the 'not so helpful IT hotline'. They offered to transfer me to the reservations department, so they could help me rebook them all. Nope, I can do that on my own. They also said they could escalate the issue, but didn't know when it could be addressed? They said to check my email for updates. It should be a simple database fix. I'll wait a couple of days and see if anything improves. If not, I'll manually rebook them.

Very frustrating!!

Have you tried clearing the cache or going into incognito mode? That sometimes works for me when I have issues with resort bookings.

Have you tried clearing the cache or going into incognito mode? That sometimes works for me when I have issues with resort bookings.
I've tried clearing my cache. I've tried both normal and incognito browser sessions. I've tried different computers. I've tried internet and MDE app. Doesn't work any way I try it, for just certain ADRs.

Then perhaps ask someone else in your party, with an MDE account to make the correct reservation and then cancel yours.

You could just rebook a new reservation for the larger group, and MDE should identify that it will conflict with the old one and offer you to choose between the two. Your old reservation would be held until the new one is confirmed.

Someone just posted about this same problem maybe a week ago. You could search to find the thread and see what the result was.

Then perhaps ask someone else in your party, with an MDE account to make the correct reservation and then cancel yours.
You could just rebook a new reservation for the larger group, and MDE should identify that it will conflict with the old one and offer you to choose between the two. Your old reservation would be held until the new one is confirmed.

I understand that I can book a new ADR, and cancel the original ADR. It's the principle of it, and I wanted to keep the same reservation numbers (makes my paperwork easier).

I am still having this issue..

I was able to make a new reservation which would conflict with the original.. it cancelled the original and for about ten minutes I had control again and then it went back to telling me only the person who made the reservation can modify it.. so I gave up.

It will let me modify if I go to the website but I find using the app quicker and more convenient. I’m also worried when my time to make fastpasses comes that this will become an issue with that as well.

I have 4 guests in my plans, on the last day there those 2 guests are not with us and that’s the only day the app will let me modify, I think something got messed up when they got added to my plans but IT says no so, I don’t know, I can’t figure it out.

I waited 'patiently' for 2 business days for Disney IT to resolve the issue. No movement. Problem still exists. I called again and raised my issue again. We'll wait and see if it gets resolved by early next week.

This seems to pop up on occassion.
I've modified multiple ADRs without a problem, then had one I couldn't.
Ended up getting a new one that conflicted and cancelling the old one. And yes, it is a new Res number.

Well it's been 1 week since I first discovered the problem. I've call Disney IT support 2 times. This morning I had high hopes as I finally saw the option to modify my ADRs on the phone app. But it quickly turned back to disappointment and frustration. When I selected the 'Modify' button, I got the following error message.

Something Went Wrong
We're having trouble connecting.

I've retried several times, but to no avail. I also tried on the website, but no better there. I will call for the third time later today.

How can such a magical place as Disney not have a decent IT department?

Well it's been 1 week since I first discovered the problem. I've call Disney IT support 2 times. This morning I had high hopes as I finally saw the option to modify my ADRs on the phone app. But it quickly turned back to disappointment and frustration. When I selected the 'Modify' button, I got the following error message.

Something Went Wrong
We're having trouble connecting.

I've retried several times, but to no avail. I also tried on the website, but no better there. I will call for the third time later today.

How can such a magical place as Disney not have a decent IT department?

Hopefully it’ll get fixed! I saw your post and went and tried mine and it’s shockingly working again, I can finally modify, so keep trying, it seems something got fixed!

Well I made my third call to Disney IT yesterday afternoon. They could see previous history, and the resubmitted the emails to the 'real IT people'. They also connected me with customer relations. The lady was very nice and took screenshots to send to the IT team. She said she would take ownership of the issue. While wait and see what happens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter