***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Helloooo!!!!! I am now joining all you May 2021 people! I was originally booked May 2020 then rescheduled (June then September) and just officially canceled my September trip and booked Caribbean beach for May 16-23! I’m very excited and cannot wait! :sunny:

Helloooo!!!!! I am now joining all you May 2021 people! I was originally booked May 2020 then rescheduled (June then September) and just officially canceled my September trip and booked Caribbean beach for May 16-23! I’m very excited and cannot wait! :sunny:
We were originally scheduled for this past May also. Changed to Oct and my college aged daughter's fall break got cancelled so now I'm on hold hoping to change to arrival May 20, 2021. I've been at this since 7am! Took me 3 hours to get through and now been on hold for a little over 2. I'm hoping to get through soon - they said 2.5 hr hold time. I would have booked online but I am hoping to just roll the money from Oct to the new trip. Not sure if I'm messing up waiting to talk to a person.

We were originally scheduled for this past May also. Changed to Oct and my college aged daughter's fall break got cancelled so now I'm on hold hoping to change to arrival May 20, 2021. I've been at this since 7am! Took me 3 hours to get through and now been on hold for a little over 2. I'm hoping to get through soon - they said 2.5 hr hold time. I would have booked online but I am hoping to just roll the money from Oct to the new trip. Not sure if I'm messing up waiting to talk to a person.
I’m not sure if you’re able to move the trip online or not! My original trip was booked with a TA and I sent her an email this morning telling her to cancel September (long story short, she has not been helpful through this and when I tried telling her we could book 2021 today she told me that wasn’t true and she wasn’t sure when that could happen) I only paid the deposit with her though so I just went online and booked 2021 myself this morning. It was quick and I booked park reservations right after!

Planning for an early May 2021 trip. I was so very excited for our May 2020 trip. First trip to Disney that my daughter, 4, would remember. Hopefully it will be just as magical for her next year. Realllllly hope characters are back by then. And also hoping to be DVC Members by then . . .
Advice please: We're debating hotels. I LOVE love love Storm along bay at the Beach/Yacht club which is currently closed. Do you think I should book there, expecting it to be open next May or book elsewhere then switch if it opens?
Oh my word, I might be losing my mind. I have been hitting redial since 7am - got through to find out they changed the time to 8am and have been hitting redial ever since. If and when I do get through, I am hoping to change my existing Oct, 2020 reservation to May, 2021. Am I correct that if and when I get through I should reserve park days at that time as well? Someone help! I consider myself a WDW pro and I am just so out of the loop right now!
I see the same. Also qualified for free dining offer for impacted 2020. We re-booked for May 2021. Do you know details of 21 Return Basic Package? Thanks!

Hey everybody!!! Welcome to May!!!

Be sure to let me know if you'd like to add dates to the May Crew list on the front page!
:D

Would it be crazy not to book our rooms until December?

The 'rack rate' for our rooms is 10,400 :faint:
I was expecting about a 1/10th of that. Maybe I'm crazy, but I swear that's more than what I saw in the past. I know things might sell out, but I'm not okay being 'on the hook' for that much. I could book at Swan & Dolphin for $4000. But that's still so much! If I had to pay rack rate I don't think I'd ever be able to afford Disney.

Would it be crazy not to book our rooms until December?

The 'rack rate' for our rooms is 10,400 :faint:
I was expecting about a 1/10th of that. Maybe I'm crazy, but I swear that's more than what I saw in the past. I know things might sell out, but I'm not okay being 'on the hook' for that much. I could book at Swan & Dolphin for $4000. But that's still so much! If I had to pay rack rate I don't think I'd ever be able to afford Disney.

:scared1:

Where were you planning to stay????????

I might be booked for May. :confused3

Booked the Swan through Disney (usually go through hotel directly, or through Costco), but neither the tickets or room reservation show up in "My Plans." Only our December 2020 plans show up.

:scared1: Where were you planning to stay????????
Wilderness Lodge. I swear we've gotten rooms there at 2-something a night, with the highest being $400 a night. I figured 2 rooms...blah blah blah. I didn't count on only the villas the being available and those villas being crazy pricey. BTW 2 studio villas, instead of one 2-bedroom villa was "only" 7k. So you know, we could save money and do that.... :P

Wilderness Lodge. I swear we've gotten rooms there at 2-something a night, with the highest being $400 a night. I figured 2 rooms...blah blah blah. I didn't count on only the villas the being available and those villas being crazy pricey. BTW 2 studio villas, instead of one 2-bedroom villa was "only" 7k. So you know, we could save money and do that.... :P

Would you be willing to try another resort? They’re limiting availability of rooms so they don’t have glut of unoccupied rooms. This allows them to keep parts of the resort dormant and lower their electric bills.

If I've missed adding anyone to list or anyone needs to make changes, just post and let me know! :)

Would you be willing to try another resort? They’re limiting availability of rooms so they don’t have glut of unoccupied rooms. This allows them to keep parts of the resort dormant and lower their electric bills.
I'm open to other resorts, but the others in my party really like the Wilderness Lodge. Our plan is to wait until December and try again then. I'm hoping that there will be rooms available. 🤞

OK @Farro I am booked for GDT Club Level (!!!) 5/15-5/22!!

Club level at GDT was less than Boardwalk. It's crazy how much more we get switching over! I'm so excited!!!

If my kid winds up going to regular school she will miss the last week. She couldn't care less. LOL Our school situation is a mess right now, so we are not even caring about that at the moment!

OK @Farro I am booked for GDT Club Level (!!!) 5/15-5/22!!

Club level at GDT was less than Boardwalk. It's crazy how much more we get switching over! I'm so excited!!!

If my kid winds up going to regular school she will miss the last week. She couldn't care less. LOL Our school situation is a mess right now, so we are not even caring about that at the moment!

Alright!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana: I will update the list!

My brother also booked and I was able get us all reservations together!

Okay😀I booked my reservation at Pop Century and added a day 🥰May 21st-June 2nd 🤩I was also able to book my park passes but it won’t let me book my DS16 passes😟it says he doesn’t have a valid ticket but his ticket is in my MDE? When the phones open up again I’ll straighten it out just so glad to have a reservation 😍

Finally heard back from our TA, it took her all day but she was able to add “placeholder” hoppers onto our basic package today just so that we could book our park days. I plan to renew my AP and gf will purchase one around the same time.

I am so grateful I didn’t have to brave the phones!

I ended up cancelling my May reservation at WL and then booked CCV because I was not getting through on the phone. So we are now booked for CCV May 13 - 16 and I already got the park days down!

13: AK
14: MK
15: HS
16: Fly home

Short weekend trip - but hopefully it can happen. We are celebrating my birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter