***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Welp... I’m not able to book anything for May 2021. I have all of my park reservations for July, but when I go to May it says that I’m maxed out.

Other people are reporting the same problem. It’s randomly deciding where your limit is. Sounds like a glitch and hopefully it’ll resolve soon.

Made my 9 park days for May this morning, so happy to be done with that. Now all i have to do is wait until the 28th to call and add another night to our existing reservation to make it 10 nights 11 days and then buy us 2 day hoppers after i check availability so i can add our last 2 park days. i dont think any of us May people should be concerned though if you dont make reservations for a while, i have a feeling it will be wide open for quite some time if not all the way to the trip(if they are still even needed at that point)

Soooooo...I think I have a plan....8-)

We all know I don't want to lose my great room-rate for next year because I booked room only at GDT. But I'm not ready to drop the big money on park tickets - quite honestly I was waiting to use part of my bonus check in December.

Waiting that long makes me a touch nervous...

What if on 6/28 I book the package separately (just pay the $200 deposit) for same hotel/dates, then I can have my park days reserved. And not cancel my room only.
Then when December comes, if there's still availability, I can purchase park tickets separately, keep my room-only reservation and cancel the package!!!

Yeah??? No??? What the heck is wrong with you??? :rotfl:

It's silly, but it does give me breathing room to not purchase tickets until December and I can cancel one or the other for full refund in plenty of time. And I wouldn't be keeping park days from anyone (it wouldn't be like having a bunch of dining reservations for same place at different times that I wouldn't use).

Obviously when I call to check upgrading to package on Wednesday, if price is close, I'll just upgrade.

Welp! Someone just answered me on the resorts board - apparently policy is only one reservation per guest.

Harumphhh!!! Maybe I could make it in Micky's name...
Really? I was thinking of doing similar and booking a back up package for Sept 2021...that way I could pick my parks for that one too...interesting that you can't have more than one trip...what if I need to take more than one trip?

Really? I was thinking of doing similar and booking a back up package for Sept 2021...that way I could pick my parks for that one too...interesting that you can't have more than one trip...what if I need to take more than one trip?

I think because mine would be same dates. You can definitely book two different trips at different times. :)

I'll just use Micky's account and book under him if I decide to do this. :D

Soooooo...I think I have a plan....8-)

We all know I don't want to lose my great room-rate for next year because I booked room only at GDT. But I'm not ready to drop the big money on park tickets - quite honestly I was waiting to use part of my bonus check in December.

Waiting that long makes me a touch nervous...

What if on 6/28 I book the package separately (just pay the $200 deposit) for same hotel/dates, then I can have my park days reserved. And not cancel my room only.
Then when December comes, if there's still availability, I can purchase park tickets separately, keep my room-only reservation and cancel the package!!!

Yeah??? No??? What the heck is wrong with you??? :rotfl:

It's silly, but it does give me breathing room to not purchase tickets until December and I can cancel one or the other for full refund in plenty of time. And I wouldn't be keeping park days from anyone (it wouldn't be like having a bunch of dining reservations for same place at different times that I wouldn't use).

Obviously when I call to check upgrading to package on Wednesday, if price is close, I'll just upgrade.
The only hitch I see is that I think Wed. is only for converting room-only to a package, and if you want to book a new package, you have to wait until Sunday. If you want to try on Wed. anyway, and you've got the time to wait on hold, I say give it a shot.

The only hitch I see is that I think Wed. is only for converting room-only to a package, and if you want to book a new package, you have to wait until Sunday. If you want to try on Wed. anyway, and you've got the time to wait on hold, I say give it a shot.

Yes! I realized after I posted that it was not until 6/28 to book entirely new reservation for 2021.

So I'll call Wednesday, sit on hold while i work at home, and see what it would cost to upgrade my room only. If not a lot, I'll probably just upgrade.
If I don't love the new cost, my plan goes into action on Sunday!!!
:rotfl:

Yes! I realized after I posted that it was not until 6/28 to book entirely new reservation for 2021.

So I'll call Wednesday, sit on hold while i work at home, and see what it would cost to upgrade my room only. If not a lot, I'll probably just upgrade.
If I don't love the new cost, my plan goes into action on Sunday!!!
:rotfl:
I think your plan is brilliant. I would do the same exact thing. It would drive me crazy to wait so I too would find a solution, which is what you did.
Even though I am 100% sure the park days will be available, i am looking forward to the 28th to get that resort night added and the 2 extra day park tickets bought, so i don't have to think about it anymore and can relax for a while and have fun later reading about the numerous changes that will most likely happen beteween now and next year.

Hi! I've officially been given permission - 4 years early! - to take my fairy godbaby to Disney. Hoping for May 1 to 9. It'll be his first visit, and I want all the "First Visit" tshirts and everything. I can't have kids, so this is my only chance to indulge and my first trip with a kid. I'm crossing my fingers that his mom doesn't change her mind due to C19. It's going to be a challenge planning this one, but with a 100+ visits under my belt and a deep love of Disney, I'm gonna make it happen.

Last edited:
We moved our May 2020 to May 2021. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas from 5/10 thru 5/17. Hoping that is a nice window after the cheer competitions are over.

We moved our May 2020 to May 2021. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas from 5/10 thru 5/17. Hoping that is a nice window after the cheer competitions are over.
Same week as us and hoping for the same thing!

Question: We have five traveling with us in May 2021. Three of the five were coming in May 2020 and are part of the reschedule and already have park tix (hoppers)
The other two are new additions to this trip and do not have tix yet but do have their own room at Boardwalk. Seems I cannot make park reservations for those 2 due to not having park tix.

What should I do? Make them buy park tix now even though we have no idea if we will have hopper ability and ideally they would buy hoppers if its available or just make park reservations for the three of us with tix and deal with the other two as some time passes and we see hopefully that hopping will be back?

I'm sorry as I am sure this has been posted before but i'm posting at work and limited on time to search throughout the forums. I have a basic room package already booked for May 2021 and at time of booking they didn't have any rates for tickets so I have no tickets. When is the soonest I can call Disney to add tickets to my room in order to reserve my park passes? I've heard conflicting reports between June 24th and June 28th. Can someone please help clarify? This is the most stressful Disney planning I've ever experienced in the past 12 years of vacationing to Disney

I'm sorry as I am sure this has been posted before but i'm posting at work and limited on time to search throughout the forums. I have a basic room package already booked for May 2021 and at time of booking they didn't have any rates for tickets so I have no tickets. When is the soonest I can call Disney to add tickets to my room in order to reserve my park passes? I've heard conflicting reports between June 24th and June 28th. Can someone please help clarify? This is the most stressful Disney planning I've ever experienced in the past 12 years of vacationing to Disney

Tomorrow!!!

Question: We have five traveling with us in May 2021. Three of the five were coming in May 2020 and are part of the reschedule and already have park tix (hoppers)
The other two are new additions to this trip and do not have tix yet but do have their own room at Boardwalk. Seems I cannot make park reservations for those 2 due to not having park tix.

What should I do? Make them buy park tix now even though we have no idea if we will have hopper ability and ideally they would buy hoppers if its available or just make park reservations for the three of us with tix and deal with the other two as some time passes and we see hopefully that hopping will be back?
They could convert their room booking to a package with tickets. You can just book basic tickets and change it later to hoppers.

As an aside, I was curious as how is the weather in early May? We've mainly been visiting Disney in early December when the weather is actually quite phenomenal. We are scrapping our Disney 2020 trip for May 2021. I'm just worried if it's going to be hot and humid and rainy early May. Our dates are May 6th-13th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter