***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

May is my favorite time to visit, the gardenia are blooming and smell so good 😊 the rainy season hasn’t kicked in and it’s warm but not blistering like June/July ❤️Also a lot of schools are still in session so the crowds aren’t too bad ( unsure about crowds in 2021 we’ll see 😅)

Hi! I've officially been given permission - 4 years early! - to take my fairy godbaby to Disney. Hoping for May 1 to 9. It'll be his first visit, and I want all the "First Visit" tshirts and everything. I can't have kids, so this is my only chance to indulge and my first trip with a kid. I'm crossing my fingers that his mom doesn't change her mind due to C19. It's going to be a challenge planning this one, but with a 100+ visits under my belt and a deep love of Disney, I'm gonna make it happen.

Welcome! How exciting and fun for you!

Let me know if you'd like to be on the list now or I can add you after you book!
:)

We moved our May 2020 to May 2021. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas from 5/10 thru 5/17. Hoping that is a nice window after the cheer competitions are over.

Hi there! :wave:

I think you picked the sweet spot for the competitions. We, on the other hand, will be there between two of them! :rotfl:

You are now on the list!

Last edited:
As an aside, I was curious as how is the weather in early May? We've mainly been visiting Disney in early December when the weather is actually quite phenomenal. We are scrapping our Disney 2020 trip for May 2021. I'm just worried if it's going to be hot and humid and rainy early May. Our dates are May 6th-13th.

We are going 4/28 - 5/7. We are October visitors usually, but last time we went (2017) we hit a really weird cold snap. Like jeans and jackets during the day. I just wasn't the same with that weather, so this time we decided to go when it's hot for sure! (watch, I'll hit another record cold snap)

I think normally May is hot, but not too humid until later in the month.
Normally the rain picks up later in the month (summer type rains).
Notice I say normally because I think in 2018 (?) people said it was super hot, super humid and super rainy in the beginning of May. Oh and that was a record year for lovebugs. :D

As an aside, I was curious as how is the weather in early May? We've mainly been visiting Disney in early December when the weather is actually quite phenomenal. We are scrapping our Disney 2020 trip for May 2021. I'm just worried if it's going to be hot and humid and rainy early May. Our dates are May 6th-13th.

It should be okay, upper 80's or low 90's. The beginning of the month is pretty dry but it gets wetter as the month goes on and it gets closer to tropical storm season.

We moved our May 2020 to May 2021. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas from 5/10 thru 5/17. Hoping that is a nice window after the cheer competitions are over.
It is! We usually roll in the Sunday of the last day of the last cheerleading comp in May and its glorious. We do this every May usually and love that time period. Next year though we decided since missing this year to brave it and add a couple of extra days so we now May 8-18 at Boardwalk Inn. The last competition, if past history holds will be May 7-9ish, most of them will leave on the 10th and it quiets down. Here’s hoping we both have a great week!!

Planning for an early May 2021 trip. I was so very excited for our May 2020 trip. First trip to Disney that my daughter, 4, would remember. Hopefully it will be just as magical for her next year. Realllllly hope characters are back by then. And also hoping to be DVC Members by then . . .

Planning for an early May 2021 trip. I was so very excited for our May 2020 trip. First trip to Disney that my daughter, 4, would remember. Hopefully it will be just as magical for her next year. Realllllly hope characters are back by then. And also hoping to be DVC Members by then . . .

My kid only remembers bits and pieces of her first trip and she was 5! It was the perfect age to go though, IMO. She was starry eyed the entire time.

Getting ready to add tickets to our August 2021 reservation at Pop at 7am and hopefully make our park reservations!

If that goes well, then I'll buy tickets for our May 2021 trip on Sunday -- we are off site so I can't do it until then.

Good luck to anyone else trying today!

Alright!!!

Got new package booked, still have room only.

So, the difference for room is only about $200 total.

We just canceled old and kept new!!!!!!!!!!! Got hoppers!!!

All my parks are booked. So easy!!! I like this much better than making fast passes.

Wed - DHS
Thurs - MK
Fri - AK
Sat - Epcot
Sun - DHS
Mon - MK
Tues - AK
Wed - Epcot
Thurs - MK
Fri - home!

THIS FEELS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:jumping1:

Last edited:
Advice please: We're debating hotels. I LOVE love love Storm along bay at the Beach/Yacht club which is currently closed. Do you think I should book there, expecting it to be open next May or book elsewhere then switch if it opens?

Doesn’t Stormalong’s being closed have to do with the NBA’s staying at Yacht Club? I would think it will reopen when they clear out this fall.

Oh my word, I might be losing my mind. I have been hitting redial since 7am - got through to find out they changed the time to 8am and have been hitting redial ever since. If and when I do get through, I am hoping to change my existing Oct, 2020 reservation to May, 2021. Am I correct that if and when I get through I should reserve park days at that time as well? Someone help! I consider myself a WDW pro and I am just so out of the loop right now!

I see the same. Also qualified for free dining offer for impacted 2020. We re-booked for May 2021. Do you know details of 21 Return Basic Package? Thanks!

The good news: Made my resort reservation and got my park passes! Took about 20 minutes.
The bad news: We were able to confirm we have some sort of water leak in the bathroom that is causing water to leak into the floor from under the tub. I really hope fixing it does not eat up our emergency fund. Next fund to go would be vacation since it’s not a necessity.

Last edited:
Just booked my new room only reservation through UT and saved over $200. Was able to go into MDE add my UT reservation, cancel my original disney room only reservation and keep all my park passes.

I booked CBR even though we really want AKL. We will probably switch if it opens up. My plan right now is Disney 1 night on May 30. I haven't booked that yet but want to book CBR that night and then do AKL for the longer stay. Then on May 31 we plan to rent a car at Disney, transfer to Hard Rock for 3 nights, then come back to Disney for 5 nights. So I guess technically our trip is mostly in June but it does start in May. :poop::D

I picked the park days without putting much thought into it except to avoid Saturday for MK. That was easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter