***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

I just cancelled tonight our fully paid hotel/ticket package for May. Since packages for 2021 aren’t out right now, they canceled and are refunding the full amount back to the form of payment used.

Awesome, thank you so much! Just the information I was looking for.

Oh wow!!!

A flurry of activity yesterday! :p

@Tessaf @Katie1174 @Schofie @sbenemerito @jakesmama

Welcome to May 2021!!! :wave:

Sorry for the circumstances that brought you here, but happy to have you nonetheless!

If anyone has their dates they want on the list, let me know. I'm not sure if some of you are still in planning stages or not.

Disney hasn’t cancelled on me yet in May 2020, but I think it’s almost a guarantee. That would leave me with an extra 110 DVC points to use for 2021.

Right now the thought is early or mid May at my home resort, Riviera, for an extended stay.

Well, my reservation is still there, my dining is still there, but part of my fast passes are gone (through May 9).

Just checking - did you mean this for the May 2020 thread? This is May 2021.

Very confusing because I started both threads! :p

Disney hasn’t cancelled on me yet in May 2020, but I think it’s almost a guarantee. That would leave me with an extra 110 DVC points to use for 2021.

Right now the thought is early or mid May at my home resort, Riviera, for an extended stay.

I just missed your post - welcome!!! :)

When you have dates and if you'd like me to add you to the front page list, let me know!

I was reading those other boards too and I was getting so frustrated with the negativity and the doom and gloom. I always try to be upbeat and it was too much. Every single voice of reason person who chimes in gets beat down. After I stopped reading it so much and just skim once a day for any real news, i felt so much better.

Oh yeah. I'm guilty of getting snippy - sometimes the replies...I can't help myself. :rotfl: I've banned myself from the community board altogether (unless I post about Walnut 😍 because who wouldn't want to hear about him!)

I read the rumors/news thread but I'm staying out of that one too because well, it's anyone's guess now. Honestly, we here decided to not even watch the news anymore. I told my friends to alert me if there's something I need to know. :)

Oh yeah. I'm guilty of getting snippy - sometimes the replies...I can't help myself. :rotfl: I've banned myself from the community board altogether (unless I post about Walnut 😍 because who wouldn't want to hear about him!)

I read the rumors/news thread but I'm staying out of that one too because well, it's anyone's guess now. Honestly, we here decided to not even watch the news anymore. I told my friends to alert me if there's something I need to know. :)

I decided to be done with that rumors and news thread last week. I can't take it anymore.

I decided to be done with that rumors and news thread last week. I can't take it anymore.

rteetz had enough of us! He closed it. :rotfl:

A poster reopened on the community board, which makes sense, but I warned poster they are in for a completely different crowd! ;)

rteetz had enough of us! He closed it. :rotfl:

A poster reopened on the community board, which makes sense, but I warned poster they are in for a completely different crowd! ;)

It's about time. I just woke up and am sipping coffee and can't deal with nonsense yet, so I haven't been over there.

Hi everybody, i'm back with great news! We need to hear back from our TA about availability but we've officially decided on 5/22/21 - 6/4/21 for our rescheduled trip. TWO WHOLE WEEKS!! :love: Neither of us have ever been to the World for that long before, but we want to make waiting a whole year worth it! Pending availability of course but we plan on the first 4 nights at the GF RPC (a childhood dream), and then rest at the Poly CL, theme park view!! This is gonna be a milestone birthday/celebrating beating "IT" trip, so we're going big and bad!

Just having dates picked out makes me feel so much better, even if it's so far out. We are also hoping to hang out with a local friend of mine who lives in Orlando! I am a bit intimidated by planning for such a long trip, but with so much time on our hands, we will have plenty to relax and explore as we want.

Hi everybody, i'm back with great news! We need to hear back from our TA about availability but we've officially decided on 5/22/21 - 6/4/21 for our rescheduled trip. TWO WHOLE WEEKS!! :love: Neither of us have ever been to the World for that long before, but we want to make waiting a whole year worth it! Pending availability of course but we plan on the first 4 nights at the GF RPC (a childhood dream), and then rest at the Poly CL, theme park view!! This is gonna be a milestone birthday/celebrating beating "IT" trip, so we're going big and bad!

Just having dates picked out makes me feel so much better, even if it's so far out. We are also hoping to hang out with a local friend of mine who lives in Orlando! I am a bit intimidated by planning for such a long trip, but with so much time on our hands, we will have plenty to relax and explore as we want.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and oh hey, welcome to the front page!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We officially booked today!!! :cool1: Still waiting on the reservation confirmation with our number but I told my TA to pull the trigger after she found availability for our dates and had them place a courtesy hold, and I saw my credit card alert pop up a few minutes later with the charges. The best part is we only paid $400 for the deposit, 200 for each resort at the package deposit rate even though we booked room only. Looks like they are being very flexible about next year, because she also told us this new "package lite" setup they're doing for room only bookings is also much easier to add elements to later on.

My job is finally letting my team work from home again starting next week (we had to go to a satellite office to train temps for the last three days) and I am so excited to sit and listen to Sorcerer Radio and my Disney podcasts again while I work. Gods it feels good to have a trip officially booked. We really need a light at the end of this tunnel to look forward to. I'm just freaking out over planning for two whole weeks, we've never gone for so long before! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter