***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Thanks for the invite in the News thread. Here I am! We're booked in the Gran Destino Tower in a waterview room for 5/9-5/16...I think this trip will be even better than the last one we planned. It will now be our 30th wedding anniversary and my son's graduation from college trip!

Thanks for the invite in the News thread. Here I am! We're booked in the Gran Destino Tower in a waterview room for 5/9-5/16...I think this trip will be even better than the last one we planned. It will now be our 30th wedding anniversary and my son's graduation from college trip!

Welcome!!

Hey you made it! Happy to have you. :)

We are staying in the Tower too!!! 4/28-5/7. It will be our 25th Anniversary (not married, for shame...;) )

You are now on the list and officially part of our (tiny) crew. Hope you to see you back here for more planning!

Oh my goodness! That community board can really bring a girl down! :rotfl2: I never really ventured there until these weird times. I think I will stay on my planning boards.

Last edited:

Oh my goodness! That community board can really bring a girl down! :rotfl2: I never really ventured there until these weird times. I think I will stay on my planning boards. 😀

Right?? I am only reading a few threads on there now.

Right?? I am only reading a few threads on there now.

I try to be positive, but then I get caught up in weird arguments I never wanted to be in, and just want to get out of there! 😀

I'm not afraid to admit I'm not cut out for that board.

I just want things to be on the way to normal again. I try to stay upbeat but sometimes I feel upset about everything. But it will get better!

I try to be positive, but then I get caught up in weird arguments I never wanted to be in, and just want to get out of there! 😀

I just want things to be on the way to normal again. I try to stay upbeat but sometimes I feel upset about everything. But it will get better!

I have so many people on ignore. I hate that, but I won’t let them ruin my DIS experience. :)

Well, today I watched some of my favorite walk throughs (yes, I'm "working" ;) )

thought I'd share this one from AK at night, my favorite park and my favorite time of day! It's Christmas so there's extra lights, but will still be beautiful come May!

And here's Epcot at night - World Showcase and FutureWorld.

I don't know what it is, but I love the parks so much better at night.

Just being sappy on Easter...I talked to my parents today, normally we would be at their house for a big pasta dinner with the whole family.

My parents are 81. My dad took our family to Disney for the first time in the late 70's, and then the early 80's and we were there the year Epcot opened and then in 1983 the month Horizons opened. I was 10 that year. I'm the only child out of 5 that caught the Disney bug and I still share it with my dad.

Anyways, I feel like I'm losing precious time with them, being separated like this. I just want to go give them a hug. :(

He did say he's taking us all out to dinner after this and is already looking for restaurants! :D

Well, I bought this for this Flower/Garden, but hey, I'll just wear them next year! why not post pic again! :D

Resized_IMG_1376.jpeg

Hi you all,
joining from the May 2020 group. We still havent cancelled our old May trip, just waiting for Disney to cancel so I can get my AH money refunded back to my card and my tickets changed to expiring in Dec.
We do have a room only booked for this Sept. but if the parks wont be in full operating mode yet we are switching to May 9-17, 2021 at the Boardwalk because we really need all of favorite rides, parks, lounges etc to be open to complete our happiness. Plus I suspect we will be going next May anyway because one of favorite things is AH nights and there sure wont be any of those in Sept. and i can but hope that they will resume those next year as normal. So seriously debating switching to next May anyway and ditching Sept. or doing both.

I was reading those other boards too and I was getting so frustrated with the negativity and the doom and gloom. I always try to be upbeat and it was too much. Every single voice of reason person who chimes in gets beat down. After I stopped reading it so much and just skim once a day for any real news, i felt so much better.

Yay a May 2021 thread! My 14 yo dd and I were planning our first WDW trip for May 2020 but it looks like we’ll have to cancel so we are setting our sights on May 2021- time does fly, right? It seems like an eternity- but more time to save and plan👍

Hi, everyone. We are planning a trip May 2021 to celebrate our son's high school graduation. We became DVC members a couple years ago and plan on using our points to get 2 or 3 rooms so he can bring some friends. I was thinking a one bedroom so I can make some meals for everyone that they can grab in the morning and evening as they want and then a studio. If I have enough points and something is available, we might even splurge on a 2 bedroom if we have 8/9 people or less. That way we could all stay together.

I can't wait to get more info on any after hours events and such as the time gets closer.

Joining from the May 2020 thread. I just got off the phone with Disney to finish cancelling our 2020 DD birthday trip. Since they are now showing closed for our arrival day, we threw in the towel and canceled it all. Thankfully I was able to get all 4 DAH nights cancelled and refunded right away, even though only 1 has officially been cancelled on their side.
We will now be planning for May 8-16th at the GF next year for my daughters 11th bday. I'm hoping that we will be able to duplicate this trip next year... but I'm worried some things may not be an option come next year (CL FP). I'm hoping they have just as many after hours next year as they did this year for our trip!

Hi Everyone! My son and I were supposed to be going on our first trip to WDW at the end May 2020, I'm assuming it will be canceled and I am already thinking of going at the end of May of next year (only time we can keep our original 2 week trip plans). Has anyone successfully moved their trip to May of next year? I've already paid for most of the trip and am curious to what happens to the money if I reschedule to a time they're not yet accepting reservations for.

Also, we are currently booked for ASM but if I postpone the trip I'll have more time to save money and upgrade resorts; any suggestions?

Hi Everyone! My son and I were supposed to be going on our first trip to WDW at the end May 2020, I'm assuming it will be canceled and I am already thinking of going at the end of May of next year (only time we can keep our original 2 week trip plans). Has anyone successfully moved their trip to May of next year? I've already paid for most of the trip and am curious to what happens to the money if I reschedule to a time they're not yet accepting reservations for.

Also, we are currently booked for ASM but if I postpone the trip I'll have more time to save money and upgrade resorts; any suggestions?
I just cancelled tonight our fully paid hotel/ticket package for May. Since packages for 2021 aren’t out right now, they canceled and are refunding the full amount back to the form of payment used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter