***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

We were originally scheduled for May 22nd-June 1st 2020, moved to July 14-24th. Now with travel restrictions in our state we have decided to move to May 21st-June 1st 2021🤞At Pop Century ❤🌈Here’s hoping for a magical do-over🥰

Hi there! :wave:

Welcome to May! You will find yourself in good company as a lot of us moved trips this year.

You are now officially part of the crew!
:D

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations. "

This is killing me. We are on a strict budget for this next trip - Cashew's illness, Walnut's illness, Micky was laid off for Covid (slowly getting work again but we had to use our savings, again....) and I have a 10% pay-cut through October.

There is no way we can purchase tickets this early (at least not if we want to be responsible adults) and if we change to a package I'm afraid our room rate will sky-rocket.

I can't believe they are allowing reserving parks for next year this far out.

I guess we will see when I'm ready to buy tickets what the availability is like and make a decision if trip still worth it.
I can't imagine parks would be filled for May by end of this year, but who the heck knows anymore.

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations. "

This is killing me. We are on a strict budget for this next trip - Cashew's illness, Walnut's illness, Micky was laid off for Covid (slowly getting work again but we had to use our savings, again....) and I have a 10% pay-cut through October.

There is no way we can purchase tickets this early (at least not if we want to be responsible adults) and if we change to a package I'm afraid our room rate will sky-rocket.

I guess we will see when I'm ready to buy tickets what the availability is like and make a decision if trip still worth it.
I can't imagine parks would be filled for May by end of this year, but who the heck knows anymore.
I know! I don't even have our reservation for next year yet. Guess I'll see on June 28 what we can get. We already have a reservation at the hard rock at universal. At this point I'm almost ready to extend that reservation and just do universal.

Interesting...did you get this in an email? I haven't seen it yet. I already have tickets linked to my account so I'm assuming I can call and make park reservations on June 24... stinks though to pick that far in advance. I usually adjust based on crowd calendars as we get closer.

I'm going to be in touch with our TA tonight to see how this works with those "2021 basic return" packages since that's what we booked. My gf's decision to refund her Canadian discounted ticket without telling me is rearing its ugly head again. She would have been covered by the 2021 extension. Now we're stuck paying full price for an AP. I'm not happy right now, to put it mildly.

I'm going to be in touch with our TA tonight to see how this works with those "2021 basic return" packages since that's what we booked. My gf's decision to refund her Canadian discounted ticket without telling me is rearing its ugly head again. She would have been covered by the 2021 extension. Now we're stuck paying full price for an AP. I'm not happy right now, to put it mildly.

I sent guest services an email to see if they can change my room-only to a basic return package so I can keep my room-rate, but I'm not hopeful.

Man, this sucks.

looked at info on Disney's site and it says you'll be able to book your date, park and "time"...really hoping they're not limiting arrival/departure time in the park too. We rope drop and stay until close almost every day. Looks like since I have a hotel reservation and linked tix that I can reserve parks on Monday morning. It's going to be interesting.

looked at info on Disney's site and it says you'll be able to book your date, park and "time"...really hoping they're not limiting arrival/departure time in the park too. We rope drop and stay until close almost every day. Looks like since I have a hotel reservation and linked tix that I can reserve parks on Monday morning. It's going to be interesting.
I don't think they plan to limit departure times (how would they possibly enforce that?), but based on what they've released today, it does look like they plan to make you choose an arrival time slot when you reserve a park day - likely an attempt to space out the morning crowds and keep people from crowding together at the park entrances. We won't know until Monday what the time slot availability will be, but it seems possible that not everyone who wants to arrive at rope drop will be able to.

Obviously things can change, so it's possible that this might not still be in place by next May, but until Disney says otherwise, you should probably plan as if you will have to pick a date and arrival time.

I don't think they plan to limit departure times (how would they possibly enforce that?), but based on what they've released today, it does look like they plan to make you choose an arrival time slot when you reserve a park day - likely an attempt to space out the morning crowds and keep people from crowding together at the park entrances. We won't know until Monday what the time slot availability will be, but it seems possible that not everyone who wants to arrive at rope drop will be able to.

Obviously things can change, so it's possible that this might not still be in place by next May, but until Disney says otherwise, you should probably plan as if you will have to pick a date and arrival time.
I was wondering too how they would enforce departure time. I do plan on attempting to get park reservations as soon as I can on Monday morning. We're planning on a couple PPO breakfasts too so I wonder how they'd handle that..maybe not offering it at all. Really hoping much of this is unnecessary come next May.

So glad I found this thread! We are booked off site May 21-30!!

Not sure how much Disney we will fit in as I'm trying to figure out this insane reservation system but we will see!

I emailed our TA and she was super fast about getting back to me so I'll just lay out what she said. Reposting from the AP thread, but some of this will be reassuring to you even if you don't have one:

1) No booking park days for 2021 resort reservations on Monday. Just 2020 trips.

2) Info is mixed on whether or not 2021 resort reservations can start booking park days on the 24th or the 28th. She advised us to prepare for the 24th just in case.

3) The system should work the same as FPs did, in that I should be able to make park reservations for May/June 2021 even though my AP is set to expire in December.

4) A linked AP voucher will also count for "valid admission media" to book park days even if it's not active yet.

She also reassured us that there really aren't many people booked for May 2021 at this point and capacity will be a lot higher by then, so if you're currently worried about getting into the parks for 2021 trips, don't be.

I emailed our TA and she was super fast about getting back to me so I'll just lay out what she said. Reposting from the AP thread, but some of this will be reassuring to you even if you don't have one:

1) No booking park days for 2021 resort reservations on Monday. Just 2020 trips.

2) Info is mixed on whether or not 2021 resort reservations can start booking park days on the 24th or the 28th. She advised us to prepare for the 24th just in case.

3) The system should work the same as FPs did, in that I should be able to make park reservations for May/June 2021 even though my AP is set to expire in December.

4) A linked AP voucher will also count for "valid admission media" to book park days even if it's not active yet.

She also reassured us that there really aren't many people booked for May 2021 at this point and capacity will be a lot higher by then, so if you're currently worried about getting into the parks for 2021 trips, don't be.
Thank you! That is very reassuring! (although I may still attempt booking on Monday just to see...I'm up early anyhow.)

Good luck to all of you booking park reservations next week. :)

Disney sure took the wind out of our sails. I have no desire, tickets or not, to choose parks for each day this far out.

I talked to Micky, we decided aren't willing to switch to a package and pay more for our room just to be able to book parks next week.
We will take our chances, keep room only and the rate we have now and buy tickets at a later date - if there seems to be availability at the parks for our dates.

Obviously I'll still keep running this thread, but now my trip seems so up in the air again.

Farro- taking hit after hit since 2018, but still standing! (barely) :D

Good luck to all of you booking park reservations next week. :)

Disney sure took the wind out of our sails. I have no desire, tickets or not, to choose parks for each day this far out.

I talked to Micky, we decided aren't willing to switch to a package and pay more for our room just to be able to book parks next week.
We will take our chances, keep room only and the rate we have now and buy tickets at a later date - if there seems to be availability at the parks for our dates.

Obviously I'll still keep running this thread, but now my trip seems so up in the air again.

Farro- taking hit after hit since 2018, but still standing! (barely) :D

From what our TA said, you and Micky should be fine. Not many even have room reservations for next May and capacity should be greatly increased by then anyway. No need to rush.

So glad I found this thread! We are booked off site May 21-30!!

Not sure how much Disney we will fit in as I'm trying to figure out this insane reservation system but we will see!

Hello there!!!

Welcome to May, I added you to the list - which I think I shall rename the Messed up May group! ;)

Don't worry, a lot of us in wait and see mode with the reservation system. I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette by waiting to purchase park tickets until later in the year!
:rotfl:

We are planning to bring our kids in May but only DW and I actually have park tickets right now. We are staying on points so changing to a package isn’t an option and I can’t figure out whether buying tickets will be allowed on 6/24 or 6/28 or later in the summer. If this park reservations system ends up being a bust this trip may change from being a family trip to being a couple trip. Our kids are 21 so they will understand.

We are planning to bring our kids in May but only DW and I actually have park tickets right now. We are staying on points so changing to a package isn’t an option and I can’t figure out whether buying tickets will be allowed on 6/24 or 6/28 or later in the summer. If this park reservations system ends up being a bust this trip may change from being a family trip to being a couple trip. Our kids are 21 so they will understand.

You will be able to buy separate tickets at a later date.

If capacity is reached in any park for May, either it's going to be the most crowded time ever or restrictions weren't lifted and there are bigger problems in the world. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter