Can't input room request

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Just curious as to why I can't put in any room request down for my reservation in December at SSR. Is it too soon or something. You would think I would know this stuff.:rolleyes:

The person I spoke with on the phone at Disney indicated those fields don't become active until closer to the time of your visit. He indicated they will show 'blank' when first making the reservation several months in advance. Similarly with airline reservations for the Disney airport pickup, we don't yet have our airline reservations and the online system won't let you update that once you make a room reservation. He sent me a link to a different website that allows for input of airline info. If not sure, best to call the Disney reservation line since they are very helpful.

The person I spoke with on the phone at Disney indicated those fields don't become active until closer to the time of your visit. He indicated they will show 'blank' when first making the reservation several months in advance. Similarly with airline reservations for the Disney airport pickup, we don't yet have our airline reservations and the online system won't let you update that once you make a room reservation. He sent me a link to a different website that allows for input of airline info. If not sure, best to call the Disney reservation line since they are very helpful.

It's just broken. I go in less than a week and mine are still blank. When I called, they said "oh yes that hasn't been working."

The person I spoke with on the phone at Disney indicated those fields don't become active until closer to the time of your visit.
I wonder how much closer to the time of visit this person believes those fields become active.

26 days for me and still not active. Less than a week for bffdisney and still not active.

^^ Don't know, was just relaying what the Disney phone reservation person told me, my reservation is several months away. Phone reservation can probably assist you with things you aren't able to do online.

Well I am not going to be calling in right now, or probably no time soon, because I changed up our resort once again and who knows how many times before we go that I will do it again. LoL.:crazy::crazy: I will just wait to the beginning of December, then I should have everything set in stone. Thanks everyone for the info anyways, I appreciate it.

They’re lying. It is broken and won’t become active closer to the stay.

Or it is a matter of who you happen to get on the phone. My experience with other phone reservation people is some are more skillful, more experienced and more interested then others. Often if you call on several occasions, you get different answers to the same question. Probably the Disney reservation line is no different. (The URL he sent me to input my airline information DOES work.)

Ok, that was quick! Thanks. I think I will just wait it out, I was just curious.
LOL... Don't wait it out. You'll be long gone before they fix it.

I am guessing it is an enhancement coming. We just fax ours to POR and FQ.
You'd be wrong, sorry to say. They just had it so screwed up, Building choices at Pop that don't exist for instance, they couldn't fix it so they just turned it off. Such a low priority to fix, so many other problems to fix, I doubt they'll ever get to it.

The stuff they can come up with to make it sound like they know what they are talking about. They were wrong about it all.
It won't become active closer to the trip and you can update your flight info after you make your reservation online
I really wish they didn't make things up but they do. If they actually ever went in and made a reservation of their own sometimes, even one to just see what it does, they'd know the info they gave you was wrong, both parts.
They do try to be helpful and they really SOUND like they know what they are saying. I think they do believe what they are saying. Sadly, they are wrong more than they are wrong.
It's become so bad calling the Disney reservation line is about the last place to go for help.
A large number of them aren't even at Disney, have never seen the parks, resorts and are not even working near them. It's sad.

Call the reservation number. The numbers for the "hotel directly" take you to an off site call center.
Denise
Both of those are potentially the same "off site call center"
No difference if you dial reservations or hotel number. Sure, the DID number you dial is different but in the phone switch, it all ends up ringing up the same department on Disney's end.
Just appears different to the user.
That's the beauty of DID numbers.

You'd be wrong, sorry to say. They just had it so screwed up, Building choices at Pop that don't exist for instance, they couldn't fix it so they just turned it off. Such a low priority to fix, so many other problems to fix, I doubt they'll ever get to it.

This is true. In its current state, the online request form was worse than useless. By worse, I mean that it probably generated more work for CMs at phone centers and front desks of resorts, dealing with guests who requested things that didn't exist at their resort.

When the online requests first went live, we got a ton of questions here on the Resorts board because some of the choices didn't make sense or didn't match up with the guest's resort. I'm sure the call centers got slammed.

It's really better that they disabled it if they weren't going to fix it. The only way to make it useful is to display choices that are appropriate to the resort and room type that the guest reserved. That's certainly do-able, but whether Disney is gonna prioritize it in the IT budget....

Both of those are potentially the same "off site call center"
No difference if you dial reservations or hotel number. Sure, the DID number you dial is different but in the phone switch, it all ends up ringing up the same department on Disney's end.
Just appears different to the user.
That's the beauty of DID numbers.
Correct, that is why I told her that calling the resort "directly" would not help her with her room request.
Denise

This is true. In its current state, the online request form was worse than useless. By worse, I mean that it probably generated more work for CMs at phone centers and front desks of resorts, dealing with guests who requested things that didn't exist at their resort.

When the online requests first went live, we got a ton of questions here on the Resorts board because some of the choices didn't make sense or didn't match up with the guest's resort. I'm sure the call centers got slammed.

It's really better that they disabled it if they weren't going to fix it. The only way to make it useful is to display choices that are appropriate to the resort and room type that the guest reserved. That's certainly do-able, but whether Disney is gonna prioritize it in the IT budget....
I am thinking along this line too. I don't think they have any intentions on fixing it, maybe it was requiring more work to have it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter