Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you "don't like CP, never did never will" why are you hanging out on a CP watch thread? Just curious.
Becasue i am trying to find out when the Garden Grille is going to open dates for 12/13, its on hold until they release the CP dates, We allready missed out on the firewarks party, determined to get a breakfast there.One thats not attached to the CP ;) lol

already booked from Dec 19 for quite a while (coming from Aus so making the trip worthwhile). Definitely in for a processional. hopefully they have amazing hosts and I can get in to see one of them (NPH would be awesome)

NPH, per past history, performs the CLP during the week after Thanksgiving...usually Mon thru Thurs (this year 11/27-11/30)...that's when I'm going because is my B-Day week...I have seen him twice during this time frame...going for a 3rd time this year...

John

We have a reservation for lunch at AKERSHUS ROYAL HALL. We should be able to add on the CP with the already made reservations. Also It stinks its 2 TS credits. I wish I could pay the extra $20 difference. OH WELL!! ITS DISNEY

I noticed some glitches on my Disney app yesterday, so I have been watching very carefully to see if it is due to updates for CP dining package reservations. When I go to the CP dining page, it still says unavailable at this time. To try back again real soon... But it now lets me pick restaurant, date, & time as if it has been opened & released for reservations. Every day & time of my trip shows to already be completely booked. I'm so worried I wasn't quick enough. Can someone please tell me if this is, because it hasn't actually been released just yet, or is everything already booked?

I noticed some glitches on my Disney app yesterday, so I have been watching very carefully to see if it is due to updates for CP dining package reservations. When I go to the CP dining page, it still says unavailable at this time. To try back again real soon... But it now lets me pick restaurant, date, & time as if it has been opened & released for reservations. Every day & time of my trip shows to already be completely booked. I'm so worried I wasn't quick enough. Can someone please tell me if this is, because it hasn't actually been released just yet, or is everything already booked?

I've found this is common when reservations for events like this are imminent. I have often found that at first the dates become "live" (clickable) with nothing showing as available. Once ready, it all goes live a short time later (maybe a day or two). This is just from experience, I have no inside knowledge. This is how it happened for me with the Star Wars dessert party in August, for example.

I've found this is common when reservations for events like this are imminent. I have often found that at first the dates become "live" (clickable) with nothing showing as available. Once ready, it all goes live a short time later (maybe a day or two). This is just from experience, I have no inside knowledge. This is how it happened for me with the Star Wars dessert party in August, for example.

Thank you so much for responding to my question. However, I just called Disney dining to make for sure the reservations have not opened, & was told they are not taking reservations for CP dining event at this time. So here's hoping for Monday ;)

We have a reservation for lunch at AKERSHUS ROYAL HALL. We should be able to add on the CP with the already made reservations. Also It stinks its 2 TS credits. I wish I could pay the extra $20 difference. OH WELL!! ITS DISNEY

You can't convert an existing reservation to a CP package. They are two separate inventories or reservations. You will need to book the CP and cancel the one you have.

Is there a specific time it tends to open up? Dining reservations usually open at 6:00 for the 180 days right? Or is it at midnight or 7:00 am like FP?

My opinion is your kids are too young; If you do a package you'll still need to be in your seats at least 30-45 minutes before she show starts, without a package the line outside the theater can take at least an hour. But it's Disney and you're used to waiting on lines and waiting for shows! That aside I don't think the content will be enough to keep them interested, it's basically music and a narrator.

If you go to any show other than the earliest show it will be dark and light from the ipad has the potential to affect the enjoyment of those around you. Think of someone using an ipad in a movie theater.

I'd suggest it's for kids 8 and over.

Someone wiser than me will know if this will work.
1 member of our party wants to go to the CP. Can I book a CP package for them at Garden Grill and then book a regular reservation for the rest of us?

It should be possible. When you make an ADR on My Disney Experience, they ask who will manage the reservation, and you have to pick someone from your party (18+ years of age). So, if you make the Candlelight dinner reservation manager the one person who wants to go, and then set up a second dinner reservation with yourself as the manager for the rest of the group, it should work fine.

Seems like a reasonable thing to be able to do, given how many large groups of people come to Disney, many of whom split up during they day in any given park...

Thanks for this, we are a party of 9, oldest DD/SiL will have a 4 month old, they had already decided not to go to CP but still wanted to eat at CR with us. Youngest DD/PF have a 5 and an almost 2 year old and I was planning on them attending. Based on this information I will be reconsidering that. Good to know that we can (hopefully) make and bridge two different resv for CR, one for those attending CP and one for those not attending.

Looking through some previous reservation confirmations, we made our candlelight reservations the last two years on the Tuesday after the 4th. Coincidence? Maybe. But if I were to bet, since the 4th is on Tuesday this year, I'd put my money on July the 5th for things to be released.

I also noticed that we changed our reservation last year in October, so unless you are tied to a particular restaurant, on a certain day and time, there are still packages available well into the fall.

Good luck! See you the end of November.

Quick question: are CP packages upfront payments or just "we're gonna nail your card if you don't cancel in a timely fashion" situations?

Quick question: are CP packages upfront payments or just "we're gonna nail your card if you don't cancel in a timely fashion" situations?

Good question, I wonder what the full policy is also. A PP mentioned that they charge the cost of the dining package rather than the $10 fee like in a regular ADR, but is that the case if your entire party does not go?

My husband & I will be at WDW December 1 - 9 and plan to attend CP for the first time. Since it will just be us - two adults - I was wondering if the last show would be our best choice. Is it less crowded? I do plan to book a dining package. I'd be grateful for any advice!

Excited to see we are getting close the release date of the CP Dining Packages. My high school choir (I'm the choir director) is performing the CP twice on Dec. 19th (6:45 & 8:15) and I think the Dinner Packages would be my best suggestions to make sure my trip sponsors would be guaranteed a seat to see one of our performances. Disney states that our sponsors are like all other spectators and have no guarantee of seats. Looking forward to an incredible experience. Thanks for all the great info!!

Excited to see we are getting close the release date of the CP Dining Packages. My high school choir (I'm the choir director) is performing the CP twice on Dec. 19th (6:45 & 8:15) and I think the Dinner Packages would be my best suggestions to make sure my trip sponsors would be guaranteed a seat to see one of our performances. Disney states that our sponsors are like all other spectators and have no guarantee of seats. Looking forward to an incredible experience. Thanks for all the great info!!
That is SO exciting!!!! Wish we were there at the right time, but if you can post pics, that would be GREAT!!! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter