Canadian Buffoon's Semi-EPIC Vacation - 10/29 - Link to new TR!

I got so nervous when you started with the AP and possible blackout dates, so glad that wasn’t a problem.

DA is so awesome, I’m anxious to hear what your thoughts are on Forbidden Journey after Gringotts! I think FJ inches out as better for me!

Your lunch at the Leaking caldron looks very good, I love a scotch egg!

Isn’t the Mummy cool, again my ambivalence showing!

We have done the animal show and the Horror make up show and I agree the makeup show is better of the two. We really enjoyed it!

I really agree with you on the EP, and I didn’t even think about adding the online price for the 2 days! It is comparable to a value at Disney when you add up the savings!

Hey Pkondz “do you have Prince Albert in a can? You better let him out, haha! We would say that one as a crank call, along with the one you mentioned. :rotfl:

I never see your avatar because you are such a good storyteller!

We have stayed once at the hotel you stayed and really liked it! I would have picked that one again except Portofino Bay was actually less.

I got so nervous when you started with the AP and possible blackout dates, so glad that wasn’t a problem.
I was so scared that I'd
just hooped myself!

DA is so awesome, I’m anxious to hear what your thoughts are on Forbidden Journey after Gringotts!
Coming up soon!
I think FJ inches out as better for me!
They are both so... amazing!
Your lunch at the Leaking caldron looks very good, I love a scotch egg!
It was such a nice change
from the usual burgers
or chicken fingers.
Isn’t the Mummy cool, again my ambivalence showing!
Loved it!
Although... there is one thing
that was unfortunate about

it that differed from California's.
We have done the animal show and the Horror make up show and I agree the makeup show is better of the two. We really enjoyed it!
I completely agree.
We had a great time
at the makeup show. :)
I really agree with you on the EP, and I didn’t even think about adding the online price for the 2 days! It is comparable to a value at Disney when you add up the savings!
Yes it is!
I wouldn't do Universal
without it!
Hey Pkondz “do you have Prince Albert in a can? You better let him out, haha! We would say that one as a crank call, along with the one you mentioned. :rotfl:
:laughing:
I'm familiar with that one too.

But my favourite one is.
<Ring!>
"Hello?"
"Is Herbie there?"
"No you have the wrong number."

<Ring!>
"Hello?"
"Is Herbie there?"
"No you have the wrong number!"

<Ring!>
"Hello?"
"Is Herbie there?"
"No! I told you! You have the wrong number!"

<Ring!>
"Hello!!"
"Is Herbie there?"
"You have the wrong number! STOP CALLING ME!!!"

<Ring!>
"HELLO!!!"
"Hi, this is Herbie. Did anyone call for me?"

I never see your avatar because you are such a good storyteller!
:laughing: Thanks!
We have stayed once at the hotel you stayed and really liked it! I would have picked that one again except Portofino Bay was actually less.
Interesting.
When I looked, Portofino
was more.

But!
Two Universal Express Unlimited
passes cost $180/day.
So if you want the passes...
it's actually cheaper to stay
at the deluxe resort.

That's good to know. We are contemplating an offsite stay (blasphemy I know!) in March...wondering though if it may be worth a short hotel stay if we venture to Universal parks...because definitely want those passes...

Plus... we stayed in a very nice resort
that was walking distance to the parks.

The best scenario is where you can walk to parks...and walk back to your bed after a long day!

If you've never had Butterbeer...
It's worth going to Universal
for that alone.
Soooooo good.

Agreed! I want to try the ice cream and the other Butterbeer desserts too!

"Is your refrigerator running?
Better go catch it!"
Ah yes... that and other equally
intelligent lame duck gags.
We were such rebels.

Lots of memories of this...and killing ourselves laughing over peoples' responses...

I had forgotten you and Elle spent time at Universal during your trip!! I'm enjoying your thoughts on everything. We spent two days there during summer 2018, and really enjoyed ourselves. We're spending one day in the parks there before our Disney Cruise in December, so reading those updates has me very excited to get back there!!

I had an overwhelming urge
to make a crank call while in Moe's.
Ever do that when you were a kid?
(Before call display... ahem...)

Jimmy was sitting at the bar right by the phone during our visit, and if you held the receiver to your ear, all you heard was Bart's crank calls. He was giggling so hard!! His favorite one was, " Is Ollie there?" "Ollie who?" "Ollie Tabooger." :rotfl2:

That's good to know. We are contemplating an offsite stay (blasphemy I know!)
:eek:

:faint:
wondering though if it may be worth a short hotel stay if we venture to Universal parks...because definitely want those passes...
I guess you'll have to look at the numbers.
You may be happy with the cheaper pass
that limits you to one ride only on every ride.

Kay and I did that in California and it worked out quite well.
The best scenario is where you can walk to parks...and walk back to your bed after a long day!
::yes::
Agreed! I want to try the ice cream and the other Butterbeer desserts too!
There was one Butterbeer dessert
that was not recommended by
the UOG... but I don't remember

which one it was!
Lots of memories of this...and killing ourselves laughing over peoples' responses...

I had forgotten you and Elle spent time at Universal during your trip!!
It wasn't widely advertised. ;)
I'm enjoying your thoughts on everything.
Thanks! :)
We spent two days there during summer 2018, and really enjoyed ourselves.
I think 2 days is pretty much
all you really need.

We're spending one day in the parks there before our Disney Cruise in December, so reading those updates has me very excited to get back there!!
:) Good!
I think once you've been once,
you can go back and just do the
rides that you want and skip
the duds.
(I'm talking to you Fast & Furious

and Transformers.)
Jimmy was sitting at the bar right by the phone during our visit, and if you held the receiver to your ear, all you heard was Bart's crank calls. He was giggling so hard!! His favorite one was, " Is Ollie there?" "Ollie who?" "Ollie Tabooger." :rotfl2:
I didn't know that! Darn! :laughing:

Too funny. Almost an identical conversation on another thread ..
I said if we lost power and cell phones, I might resort to smoke signals and someone said they're fluent in carrier pigeon. Maybe that's the way to go. :rotfl2:
Wise minds think alike, don't they?! :rotfl2:

PS - still dreaming of that cheesecake! :cloud9: And this coming from a self-proclaimed non-cheesecake person :laughing:

Wise minds think alike, don't they?! :rotfl2:

PS - still dreaming of that cheesecake! :cloud9: And this coming from a self-proclaimed non-cheesecake person :laughing:
I hope you know, I'll be happy to make it for you again if you'd like.

I don't make it to get complements, but I feel good when people enjoy it.

Last edited:
Hey, @pkondz I think you missed me. (If your schedule is crazy, it's totally okay to bypass the replies! I just always love your commentary and look forward to your responses.) :goodvibes

Unfortunately, there are many who don't care about anyone but themselves despite social cues.

Sadly, that is true. I feel like you run across more of those folks on vacation (especially in theme parks!) due to stress or exhaustion or other similar reasons. :rolleyes:

Hey, @pkondz I think you missed me.
:scared1:
I did!!
I'm so sorry!
I try really hard not to,
but... sometimes someone
skips through the cracks.
I usually post a "If I missed
you let me know" post..

:(

Sorry!

I'll get right on it.
(If your schedule is crazy, it's totally okay to bypass the replies! I just always love your commentary and look forward to your responses.) :goodvibes
My schedule is crazy...
But that's no excuse.

Sorry again, Jenny.
Sadly, that is true. I feel like you run across more of those folks on vacation (especially in theme parks!) due to stress or exhaustion or other similar reasons. :rolleyes:
Like me!
I don't care about anyone but me.

That's the real reason I didn't reply.

But will right away!

Oh, my goodness, I would've had a heart attack! I'm glad it turned out okay!
I think I aged 10 years!
You know that horrible
sinking feeling?

Yeah... I got that.
That's a fun picture! I'm glad she JUST made it! :thumbsup2
Just barely!
It's actually a very smart idea in order to manage expectations. Much better to figure out what Junior can ride during the day early-on than to have meltdowns at the ride entrance!
That was mentioned...
and I hadn't even thought of it.
Even before you see a ride,
you can measure "Junior" and...

"Harold, let's steer this way so

he doesn't see ______ and ask to ride."
I absolutely agree. I've been spoiled by the Express Pass the last two trips and I don't think I can visit Universal now without them. It would be tough to wait in line with the peasants now that I'm used to practically strolling onto every attraction!
At Disney, you hold your nose up
because you have a FP and hope
the people in line think you have
the money to bypass the line...

In Uni, you hold your nose up...
because it's
true.
YES you ABSOLUTELY ARE! Diagon Alley was SO well done that you forget that you're in the middle of a Florida theme park!
I couldn't decide if I was on
a very (very!) well done movie set...
Or actually in a real place.

It really overwhelms the senses!
I'm impressed you tried it! Anika and I rode back in 2015... and that was enough for me. I think I can bypass that ride from now on.
I'll probably ride it again...
Because one time isn't enough
to decide if I hate it or not! :laughing:
*This comes from someone who adores roller coasters and whose favorite ride at WDW is Tower of Terror. I wanted to love RRR, but it just gave me a headache. No thanks!
This is not your grandma's coaster.

Or maybe it is...

Is/was your grandma a roller

coaster engineer perhaps?
You're right that Universal is chock-full of simulators (and 3-D experiences!), but agree that Minion Mayhem is a fun attraction. The pre-show is cute, too!
I may have enjoyed the pre-show
almost as much as the show! :laughing:

I'm so glad you loved The Mummy! Anika and I loved it, too - we rode it 5-6 times on our trip!
I've ridden it 4 times now.
(Kinda)
Twice each on both coasts. :)
Mmmmmm, Butterbeer! I can practically taste it now!
I don't want to "practically"
taste it... I want it right now!!!
(Plans trip to California

or Florida just to have one.)
Did she happen to beat you to the red button? :p
No! She didn't know about it.
I still don't know what happened.
I'm sticking with a faulty ride.
E.T. was a surprising hit for us, too. It was nice to have a calm ride when everything else in Universal... isn't. The air conditioning is also wonderful! :laughing:
Air conditioning is... wonderful.
:rotfl2:

Great picture!
:rolleyes1
YES! I was so surprised how much I enjoyed the Horror Makeup Show! Campy is right, but it was a delight and I'm thrilled you liked it, too!
I really liked it!
It's one of the things
I remember best. :)
I'm surprised you didn't enjoy this more! I really liked the Jimmy Fallon ride when we visited.
I think by then we were simply
"Okay... one more... we can do this..."
Perhaps it didn't get a very fair shake.
Exploring Diagon Alley is one of my FAVORITE things in Universal Studios! There's so much to see and get excited about. Plus, there are plenty of snacks if you get hungry!
I could easily go and just
do that and nothing else.

Some folks have no ability to pick up on social cues. :sad2:
You're describing me, you know!

your first day at universal looked awesome!
It was great!
Diagon Alley blew me away...
And the rest of the park

was a lot of fun!
i havent been in a handful of years. a few years ago i stayed at Cabana Bay with my dad and then went again with my grandma. i think it is honestly my favorite resort in Orlando.
Really! That's very high praise!
I'll have to look into Cabana Bay
the next time I'm down. :)

What makes it your favourite?
Can't wait for IOA!
Coming up... well... in a while.

Exactly. Although I can't pretend I'm anxious to go back to the days of carrier pigeons... or am I? :scratchin
Looks like Doc already stole my
line about smoke signals.

So... I'll go in the other direction
and say.... telepathy.

I have no idea what I'm saying.

Hey, @pkondz I think you missed me. (If your schedule is crazy, it's totally okay to bypass the replies! I just always love your commentary and look forward to your responses.) :goodvibes

Got to thinking...

Another area this comes into play and it still baffles me...

I'm not sure if this is more guys than girls since I'm usually not in the lady's bathroom, but people talking on the phone in the bathroom. I go out of my way to flush more often, but it seems they either don't care or it's acceptable to talk to someone while relieving yourself. I just don't get it!

You guys got so much done!
We did!
We kinda had to though.
We only had two days. :)
I went to UO a few years ago with my BFF and her husband (my DH had to work). We enjoyed it, especially the HP area.
I think the theming there
surpasses anything Disney has done.
(SWGE excepted since I

haven't seen it yet.)
It's not a place I would really enjoy going to every year like we do Disney though.
Agreed.
It doesn't have that... magic.

;)

I'm not sure if this is more guys than girls since I'm usually not in the lady's bathroom, but people talking on the phone in the bathroom. I go out of my way to flush more often, but it seems they either don't care or it's acceptable to talk to someone while relieving yourself. I just don't get it!
Okay, that's just... wrong.
I think if I was in a stall I'd
probably start making
groaning and wailing sounds.

Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter