• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Buffoon's Disney With a Teen Vacation - 08/13 - The Wrap

De-lurking to say hello. My sisters and I just got back from storming the province of New Brunswick and supporting the local Canadian economy. We must have been well-behaved for Americans since various and sundry invited us to stay, in case the presidential election doesn't go our way. Had tons of amazing potatoes (no lie!) and I ate my first Wunderbar!

Keeping the suitcase out for our trip to WDW in just 2 weeks....

Oh....

By the way...

THERE HAVE BEEN RECENT DEVELOPMENTS.

Details in approximately 32 days.

Bad Ponzi!
Let's see...
You're taking me with you?
You upgraded to a moderate?
You're doing Keys to the Kingdom Tour?
You're staying at that really swanky hotel by the lake in Banff?

So I heard from the powers that be...no Disney trip next year either. :(
Looks like 2018 now. That's our ten year anniversary so maybe, hopefully, it will be a grand tour!!!

De-lurking to say hello.

:wave:

My sisters and I just got back from storming the province of New Brunswick and supporting the local Canadian economy.

Thanks! The rest of the Country noticed.

We must have been well-behaved for Americans since various and sundry invited us to stay, in case the presidential election doesn't go our way.

:laughing: We just feel sorry for you guys.

Had tons of amazing potatoes (no lie!)

:lmao: Never heard anyone say that before!
"You went to New Brunswick? Cool!
Did you see the Bay of Fundy?
Magnetic Hill?
Light houses?
Confederation bridge?
Moncton? Saint John? Fredericton?"

"Nope! We just ate spuds!"

and I ate my first Wunderbar!

You did! What did you think?
Pick one:
a. OMG! Best ever chocolate bar. Need more!!
b. Wow! That was really good!
c. mmmm.... not bad at all.
d. It was okay. I can take it or leave it.
e. Not my first choice. But I'll eat it if it's there.
f. Not my cup of tea. I'll pass next time.
g. Wow. That really wasn't good.
h. OMG! How can you eat that crap??

Keeping the suitcase out for our trip to WDW in just 2 weeks....

::yes:: See you there!

Bad Ponzi!

:laughing: Sorry Carrie!

Let's see...
You're taking me with you?

No.... But if you can get yourself down there
and get your tickets and pay for your food I'll take you.

You upgraded to a moderate?

Not saying.

You're doing Keys to the Kingdom Tour?

Not saying.

You're staying at that really swanky hotel by the lake in Banff?

I will say for this one.

NO!!

I did look into that
(Ruby's Mom actually worked there, before Ruby was born)
but there were no rooms available.

So I heard from the powers that be...no Disney trip next year either. :(

Awwww...... crap. Really?
Geez, no wonder you're always asking to go with me.
Do you eat much? I'll throw in food.

Looks like 2018 now. That's our ten year anniversary so maybe, hopefully, it will be a grand tour!!!

Well, a 10 anniversary trip would be good!
Plus... makes it harder for him to say no.

Boy, I stay away for a couple of weeks and miss.......well...ok, a lot of side banter and a teaser.

And I'll have you know we did Behind the Seeds and thoroughly enjoyed it.

At least your trip is within reach. I booked our honeymoon, and I'm so far out I can't even book dining yet. Have to wait until December. I'm going crazy (#firstworldDisproblems) because, you know, I have absolutely nothing else to be planning right now :rolleyes1

In other random sidetracking, I was driving to church and passed our Harley store and thought "oh pkondz should come down here because this one's really famous!" Except, the more I thought about it the more I wasn't sure it really was famous except to people in Raleigh. But then I Googled it, and per Wikipedia:

"Price opened Precision Cycle in Raleigh, North Carolina in 1973, and in 1981 he acquired the Harley-Davidson franchise and his store became Ray Price Harley-Davidson. Price's dealership is one of the largest in the southeastern United States and is home to the Legends of Harley Drag Racing Museum on the 2nd floor of the dealership overlooking the showroom, the only museum of its kind."

So reason #4 to come to NC--Ray Price Harley Davidson. We'll just park Joe's Honda around the corner :laughing:

We also honeymooned at Disney and that was almost 32 years ago, so it must have been good luck. (Why, yes, I was a child bride- why do you ask?)

Page schmage.... TGIF!!!!!

This weekend went by fast, but had a good one. Ltitle black top party with the girls on Friday, grandkids slumber party on Saturdsy, which included a hot game if Red Light, Green Light in the pool. (Round 2 had to be cut short when we realized the 2nd hand smoke in the area may get us in trouble. We don't live in Oregon. ):hippie::rotfl2: Today was church, new Chinese buffet, shopping at the base, and a new Disney travel client. We've also started hinge watching Homeland , without the kiddos of course. I am hooked!

:laughing: Tammie! You're a nut!
Must be why I love ya.

Mua? Back atvya!

Yay Friday!
That means only (about) 11 more shifts in a row to work.
Maybe more.

But the end is nearing!
I'm pretty sure you work too hard.

Last edited:
My guess for the exciting news is that Ruby has to travel to Puerto Rico or Cuba for work and you are tagging along. WAIT! PACIFIC OCEAN! I will say California and you will go to Disneyland at Christmas so we can have a DISmeet!

This weekend went by fast, but had a good one. Ltitle black top party with the girls on Friday, grandkids slumber party on Saturdsy, which included a hot game if Red Light, Green Light in the pool. (Round 2 had to be cut short when we realized the 2nd hand smoke in the area may get us in trouble. We don't live in Oregon. ):hippie::rotfl2: Today was church, new Chinese buffet, shopping at the base, and a new Disney travel client. We've also started hinge watching Homeland , without the kiddos of course. I am hooked!

We interrupt this TR for small talk. Please stand by...

Yeah, good one here too. Lots of puttering and a TON of getting some details done for my trip! My Trip Books are DONE! I repeat...THE TRIP BOOKS ARE DONE!!! I even did my OWN wire binding on them. I'm going to post pix of them on my thread. They're so puuuuurty! Got my DISMeet gifts done too. But shhh.... I can't post those, or they won't be a surprise.

So... I was at a local weekend event in the town Bek lives in about 25 minutes away called Drag'n the Gut. It's basically a weekend where everyone who wants to in ANY kind of car, but mostly antiques and hot rods, just cruise the downtown area, revving engines, squeaking tires, etc.... We ducked into a pizza place that sells by the slice and sat down at the window eating bar next to a hippie looking guy. He starts yacking up a storm telling us all about his gardens and working towards a "greener lifestyle". He uses push mowers and all that... Blah, blah, blah.... OH! And, his medicinal gardens are doing great, but didn't like the hot weather last week.

OOOOOOOH! THAAAAAAT kind of greener lifestyle. Gotha! OMGosh, we howled for hours. Gotta love Oregon.

Well, hi there stranger! :wave:

Still no work, huh?
But.... "not trying as hard"
maybe you're enjoying some time off?

And "amazing discount".
Free. Free would be good. I'd go back more if it was free.

Nice. I've never been, but have heard of it.
Actually, I think it was on a recent list
I saw for best parks.

Of course, there's always this:

http://fox43.com/2016/08/22/ride-stuck-at-hershey-park-for-mthe-second-time-in-one-week/

Might want to avoid those two...

Sold my mom's house so using that for tuition, and can live on one salary. Hard to get motivated to look for work since they cut off unemployment (only get 6 months by law) and aren't breathing down my neck.

Keeping my eye on discounts. But everything at this point is way over the top, although we do have left over tickets from a couple old NE tickets. It'll be different without Rob though, learn to ride myself since Doug doesn't like the crazy rides. We can drive down there, so a plus, but I keep thinking off all I could be doing if we weren't in the car. And the ride back is the worse...

Been to Hershey several times - it is close to home and where I started ramping up my coaster nerve (I finally did Cedar Point in June; your trip report was a great help). Hope I don't get stuck! Sidewinder is a little boring, but OK. I love Farenheit though! Crowds are supposed to be low this week because kids are back in school, so maybe they were just hot and overworked...:oops: I am going with my friend, she is a little more timid with roller coasters, she would never get on one again if it happened, so I don't think I will mention this to her...

Last edited:
Regarding the Wunderbar, I'll take:

d. It was okay. I can take it or leave it

It had a chewier texture than I was expecting, and I am not crazy about the flavor of peanut butter and chocolate. I like caramel, though. The best part about my Canadian candy bar foray was chowing down with DH and DD on a bunch of them (Mr Big was one of them, again, just OK) just after arriving home, and then having the phone ring with my sister asking, "Did you happen to find my candy bars in any of your bags?" I didn't lie. I said, "gee, I don't see them."

Boy, I stay away for a couple of weeks and miss.......well...ok, a lot of side banter and a teaser.

To paraphrase Ferris Bueller:
This TR moves pretty fast.
If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile,
you could miss it.

Not that that's a bad thing...

And I'll have you know we did Behind the Seeds and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Oh! I'm not knocking Behind the Seeds!
I know of a few people that have done it
and completely enjoyed it.

At least your trip is within reach. I booked our honeymoon, and I'm so far out I can't even book dining yet. Have to wait until December. I'm going crazy (#firstworldDisproblems) because, you know, I have absolutely nothing else to be planning right now :rolleyes1

Hmmm.... "going crazy"
Bride to be.... shouldn't you already be driven crazy?

And yesh... You have absolutely nothing else going on.
Can't think of a thing.
Nope.

In other random sidetracking, I was driving to church and passed our Harley store and thought "oh pkondz should come down here because this one's really famous!" Except, the more I thought about it the more I wasn't sure it really was famous except to people in Raleigh. But then I Googled it, and per Wikipedia:

"Price opened Precision Cycle in Raleigh, North Carolina in 1973, and in 1981 he acquired the Harley-Davidson franchise and his store became Ray Price Harley-Davidson. Price's dealership is one of the largest in the southeastern United States and is home to the Legends of Harley Drag Racing Museum on the 2nd floor of the dealership overlooking the showroom, the only museum of its kind."

So reason #4 to come to NC--Ray Price Harley Davidson. We'll just park Joe's Honda around the corner :laughing:

Wow. You make a strong case.
But... reason #4? What are the other two again?
(Gimme a break. I'm on my second midnight shift.)

Hmmm.... I see a road trip through the Carolinas in my future...

We also honeymooned at Disney and that was almost 32 years ago, so it must have been good luck. (Why, yes, I was a child bride- why do you ask?)

That is... weird.
I had no idea they could marry people
who were still in the womb.

This weekend went by fast, but had a good one. Ltitle black top party with the girls on Friday, grandkids slumber party on Saturdsy, which included a hot game if Red Light, Green Light in the pool.

Sounds like a nice one!

(Round 2 had to be cut short when we realized the 2nd hand smoke in the area may get us in trouble. We don't live in Oregon. ):hippie::rotfl2:

:lmao:

Today was church, new Chinese buffet, shopping at the base, and a new Disney travel client. We've also started hinge watching Homeland , without the kiddos of course. I am hooked!

I've heard of Homeland but that's about it.
A quick Google later... sounds interesting.
And they've won a few awards too, I see.

I'm pretty sure you work too hard.

I'm pretty sure you're right.

My guess for the exciting news is that Ruby has to travel to Puerto Rico or Cuba for work and you are tagging along. WAIT! PACIFIC OCEAN! I will say California and you will go to Disneyland at Christmas so we can have a DISmeet!

:laughing: Well, meeting you would be nice.
But I would've let you know!

No, still just me solo to WDW
then me and Ruby off to Banff.

We interrupt this TR for small talk. Please stand by...

Do not adjust your sets...

Yeah, good one here too. Lots of puttering and a TON of getting some details done for my trip! My Trip Books are DONE! I repeat...THE TRIP BOOKS ARE DONE!!! I even did my OWN wire binding on them. I'm going to post pix of them on my thread.

Great! I'll be heading over there once I'm all caught up here.

They're so puuuuurty! Got my DISMeet gifts done too. But shhh.... I can't post those, or they won't be a surprise.

Mum's the word.

Why is that a word anyways?
Why do you keep mum and never give it away?
And what did mum do to you that
made you use her name in vain?

So... I was at a local weekend event in the town Bek lives in about 25 minutes away called Drag'n the Gut. It's basically a weekend where everyone who wants to in ANY kind of car, but mostly antiques and hot rods, just cruise the downtown area, revving engines, squeaking tires, etc.... We ducked into a pizza place that sells by the slice and sat down at the window eating bar next to a hippie looking guy. He starts yacking up a storm telling us all about his gardens and working towards a "greener lifestyle". He uses push mowers and all that... Blah, blah, blah.... OH! And, his medicinal gardens are doing great, but didn't like the hot weather last week.

OOOOOOOH! THAAAAAAT kind of greener lifestyle. Gotha! OMGosh, we howled for hours. Gotta love Oregon.

Please tell me he had a beard
and was wearing sandals.

Please.

As I listen to the entire collection of Disney ride music tonight and DIS away....

Do not adjust your sets...

Hey! Speak for yourself. I'll adjust my sets whenever I need to.

Great! I'll be heading over there once I'm all caught up here.

Great! You comment, I'll write. :)

Mum's the word.

Why is that a word anyways?
Why do you keep mum and never give it away?
And what did mum do to you that
made you use her name in vain?

It's a mystery! My mum was pretty decent (even moreso!) and I'd never give her away.

Please tell me he had a beard
and was wearing sandals.

Please.

Beard: Check!

Sandals: Didn't look

Gauges: Yes!

Creepy look in eyes: Check!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter