Can you take Disney Room too far over the top?

Hi All!
We are finishing our basement & in the playroom I want to have a Disney theme on the walls. I am looking or a self adhesive mural of Cinderella's castle to put on one of the walls with clouds, then all Disney characters around it.
Does anyone know where I could find something like that. I have seen some websites that have wall stickers & the murals but not the castle. Wondering if I might find it in Disney when we are there for halloween.
Thanks for any help!

If you have an ACMoore near you they have the castle. Not sure of the exact size but on the package it is done to be the headboard of a twin bed. The castle is cream colored, turrets are a plum-ish, and accents are in gold. Looks cool to me, I'm just trying to figure out how to incorporate it in a house full of boys.:rolleyes1

Thanks Kristy! I do have an ac moore not far. I'll check it out. I have boys too but I am planning to make it look lik at the park with the castle & all different Disney Characters (focusing mostly on the boy oriented ones). I know I saw a poster that had the castle with all of the characters & thought that would be cool on a wall.
Have a good one
Trish

I just saw a self stick Cinderella castle decoration at Home Depot Friday night. I think the price was $15.96 or so. It was near the paint department, part of a display with all the other Disney self stick decorations. I'd get it for my bedroom but I think my husband would have some objections.:confused3

That bathroom is awesome.

I really don't think you can go over the top. If you're worried about selling, then try to use things that are removable. Paint the wall a "normal" color. (of course normal is different for different people...I had dark purple walls when I was younger) Bright red might not go over so well, but you're brave if you want to attempt red anyways. Another good thing about removable decorations is you can take them with you when you move. However, you can always go over paint, or remove wallpaper if your house won't sell because of it. I think it's silly that the seller has to make the changes though, because most people I know will make changes once they get in anyways. The realtor made the people in our house before us paint, but we wouldn't have had a problem with is the way it was.
Enjoy your house now...if when it comes time to move they say "that's gotta go," you can make the changes.

The update is I guess you can and can't go over the top as I had an interview for a local news magazine for my bathroom. I had a full feature done on my NBC collection including the bathroom. It was a lot of fun but he did misquote me a few times but whatever it was fun!

As for worrying about resale I did think about it but realised after I promised DH we wouldn't move for 10 years (we just got a new pool) I figured why worry we are going to be staying a while and besides I enjoy it now. When the time comes to sell there is always paint, and as far as the mosaic, we already figured we would just get the enclosure that goes over the tile (then I also won't cry seeing all my hard work covered). I am not totally worried about the future because its OUR house now.

We have a mickey bathroom (now we are not as big as the other one but it is more than mosts peoples bathroom)

When i get home i will take pics of it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter