Can you take Disney Room too far over the top?

fairycat

<marquee><font color=deeppink>Modern Disney Prince
Ok, I am kind of curious if I am the only one here who has a room that is VERY themed? I keep hoping I am not to see a bit more sane :rotfl:

If you do have themed rooms I would love to see them!!

Our Disney family room is exactly what the name says....."Disney".

We finally finished our basement last summer & had it all planned to be just "Disney". Maybe after the relatives leave later this week, I can get DH to post some pics!!

YES! I would love to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a craft room that is DISNEY, with hidden mickeys in the paint and various other disney themed decorations, but it was totally planned to be over the top. Although DH will say there is too much Disney in the house in general, I would never say its too much ;) I would love to see pics!!!

I love that others have gone over the top :) And I would love to see your craft room also I love the idea of hidden mickeys in the paint I think I need to add one in phase I think four of my bathroom.

The reason I asked is because I have an over the top bathroom. I did it all in Nightmare Before christmas (some would argue how Disney this is but I think it is!) and it is a bit over the top, I just finished a good amount of the mosaic and just need to add a bit to the mural and it will hopefully be done!!!!!!

I will have to get pictures tomorrow to share.

I have to say as silly as it is one of my favorite finds in there is a hand towel from a Japanese Disney Store!

Hi. I am trying to do our main bathroom in Disney. But am worried is that ok when its time to go sell?

My opinion is I have to live in my house I can't think about the future, I prefer to enjoy my house now and not worry about what to do if I go and sell my house.

Now saying that I do have a plan in line that includes lots of primer and some special shower walls and my room will be a blank slate for the next owner.

Ok I decided to be the brave one and put up the first pictures of the thread ;)

I want to start that the project was finished a few years back until I learned about the tile paint and decided to do the mosaic the mosaic still needs some cleaning up and one of the pieces is incomplete but that might be a bit later so I thought I would share now.

The first set are before the tile was painted or the new floor laid

Mural
nightmare4.jpg

Some of the collection
nightmare6.jpg

nightmare7.jpg

Below the mirror
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/tankgirl136/?action=view&current=nightmare8.jpg

Door Mural
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/tankgirl136/?action=view&current=nightmare2.jpg

The Mosaic and Update
bathroom.jpg

Under the shower head
coffin.jpg

Spiderweb
spider.jpg

Zero
zero.jpg

It probably is a little odd and totally over the top but it is fitting for us and its a blast to go to to Disney and get more goodies every year. I hope you enjoy seeing it.

THAT IS AMAZING.....I did not know you could paint tile. I'm definitely going to try this.:thumbsup2

I love it. You have done a wonderful job. Are all of them broken tile mosaics?
Your hard work shows. It is amazing!

I love it. You have done a wonderful job. Are all of them broken tile mosaics?
Your hard work shows. It is amazing!

Yes all the tub pieces are broken tile mosaics. Which was quite a crazy idea on my part since I had never done this type of project before. But I really used the whole project as a first time thing since this is the first mural I have ever done either.

Oh my goodness. That has got to be the coolest bathroom I've ever seen! Seriously, that is awesome. You did a fantastic job. I am super impressed!!!

OMG... that is one incredible bathroom... I'm so jalous... unfortunatly the only person that could do something like is gone from my life... He could install it, but can draw, design, paint etc... but not cut the tiles or install them... I don't know how...:sad:

I love the mural. The Nightmare Before Christmas has been one of my favorite movies since I was little. I so wish that was my bathroom.

Extremely cool bathroom Fairycat!

We just bought a home in May and the first thing I purchased for it was 2 mickey porch lights, a mailbox, and a door knocker. THe mailbox and door knocker have Mickey/Donald/Goofy on them.

My husband said he didn't care how I decorated the main floor as long as he gets the basement and garage. :rotfl: I've only just begun but I am now working on a disney family room.

I have spent the last nine month remodeling my dinning/living room and home office. (both rooms were gutted down to the studs, what a mess)
I already have my BR as all disney, and I built shelves all around the room to display my collectables.
My home office, and favorite by far, is done in the pirate: theme. I purchased the lamp, that moves and plays the theme, and loved the box, it is a blood red color with copper and yellow in it. I painted the walls the deep red and sponged over it a copper paint and glaze mixture. One wall I painted Mickey shadow (HD) as a contrast, small room and really dark. I taped off the top six inches and painted a black 3/4 line around the bottom, and above the line I drew and hand painted in old english letters all my favorite pirate sayings.
I put in track lighting and but a ton of POTC accessories on Disney shopping. All I have to do now is refinish the hardwood floors, build the desk and unpack the accessories.
The dinning/living room will house the Mickey entertainment center and coffee table I purchased from the Mickey at home collection before they stoped the catalogue. I bought the mickey stained glass lamp and floor lap for the room as well, and contimplated the mickey shandelier for over the dinning room table, but way the wrong matgerial.
I wish I new how to post pictures, maybe once the rooms are done I will be able to but for now, I am thrilled with how they have come out!
Can you say obsessed:rotfl2:

Love the bathroom Fairycat!

Check out the Jack mirror they have on DisneyShopping.com now.
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp...&productId=1211846&langId=-1&categoryId=14907

and the Mayor candle holder.
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp...ogId=10002&productId=1211860&categoryId=21000

They have a whole bunch of Nightmare Before Christmas stuff right now.

Everybody needs an Oogie Boogie candy dish in their bathroom...
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp...&productId=1187476&langId=-1&categoryId=11911
JK, but maybe it could be a soap dish or used elsewhere for Halloween.

Hi All!
We are finishing our basement & in the playroom I want to have a Disney theme on the walls. I am looking or a self adhesive mural of Cinderella's castle to put on one of the walls with clouds, then all Disney characters around it.
Does anyone know where I could find something like that. I have seen some websites that have wall stickers & the murals but not the castle. Wondering if I might find it in Disney when we are there for halloween.
Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter