Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

She still had a bad experience, though. Those things might be frequently discussed online, but they really are not "advertised." I don't think Disney even gets the "you can now place your order!" emails out with any kind of regularity.

I never criticized her not liking the food or the difficulty navigating it with small kids. I'm just saying if you go in with unrealistic expectations of course you'll be disappointed.
If you look at the BOG page on the Disney site it tells you there are multiple rooms and you order at touch screens, the high demand for ADRs (which you need to get to eat there) should tell you it'll be full. Her horror over having to wait in line, order at a kiosk, and walk through multiple rooms is a little ridiculous if you know the smallest thing about the location.

You are still missing some important points I made, sweetie. I live close to WDW. VERY close. I go OFTEN. I eat at fast food places at WDW a lot. I dine at the nice restaurants a LOT. What I heard MOST about BOG was how FABULOUS it was. I had not yet eaten there, so I was happy to try it with my princesses. Anyone with half of their neurons firing that has visited a Disney theme park even ONE time well knows that it is "busy", and surely knows about ordering at kiosks. I mean, they are everywhere right? Not sure why my experience ruffles your feathers, or why you keep challenging my experience, but I am a well traveled, seasoned traveler, and owned a food business for many years. I know crappy food and non-existent service when I see it. Because you see, even fast food places have at least a modicum of service offerings within the confines of operating a fast food eating establishment. I wish you well, dear Moliphino! :flower3::thanks:

I've been going to Disney since I was 5, so I also have a lot of experience with Disney QS restaurants. No other locations have ever offered to help find seating and there are frequently dirty tables. BOG is no different. If you knew about having to order at kiosks going into it why did it offend you so much? Same with it being busy.

I am just so curious (not knocking at all) what do you consider a regular southern spice?

Salt almost all the time. If traveling out of the "south", have to deal with everyone putting maybe a pinch in when food needs more. You can add black pepper and garlic powder for me if you need a particular spice but I think it's knowing how to salt food.

Boma- everyone has their own opinion but all 9 of us disliked the meal, there were about 1 or 2 ok dishes besides the "normal dishes" like chicken and potatoes etc even those zebra domes I have been waiting to try were so so. Service was also horrid, the waitress brought us Anniversary cupcakes out with drinks plopped them on the table an walked away, the most she ever said was hello and here's what you owe.
BOG- just a long wait to order on a screen that took forever with 9 and food was blah, we were hungry but most of the food was left on the plate

Our latest disappointing meal was at Yachtsman Steakhouse. 3 out of 4 of us thought our meals were atrocious. Left most on our plates. Chicken cordon bleu, just awful.

I think a lot of people at WDW are more or less on a schedule, and are probably reluctant to wait for the manager to get around to seeing them and then wait around for a new meal to be cooked and served. Especially if other people's meals are okay - they're stuck eating in front of the person with a bad meal, and then waiting while the person with the replacement meal finishes. I can see where a lot of people don't feel it's worth the effort.

I certainly can understand that, ttintagel. But if you don't hesitate to say something and let your server or the manager know what is not satisfactory and that you are in a hurry, I have found they will expedite things for you. :cutie:

Her horror over having to wait in line, order at a kiosk, and walk through multiple rooms is a little ridiculous if you know the smallest thing about the location.

Horror?? You've been watching lots of Halloween movies on Netflix, right?? :rotfl2:This is a FORUM, where people give their opinions and their experiences. :thumbsup2

I've been going to Disney since I was 5, so I also have a lot of experience with Disney QS restaurants. No other locations have ever offered to help find seating and there are frequently dirty tables. BOG is no different. If you knew about having to order at kiosks going into it why did it offend you so much? Same with it being busy.

You work at BOG, right? :laughing: And if you actually READ my previous posts, you will see that my experience was at least a year and a half ago. Maybe more. Doesn't matter. They had just started having some pre-order meals available via the MDE app, and I was not aware that day that BOG had been included. But the rest of the experience was SO, so far BELOW every other FAST FOOD location at WDW in my experience. If you have had great experiences there, (or if you work there), I am sincerely happy for you. You may have my place there as I will be no competition for you for BOG. ;) ::yes:: :wave2:

Garden Grill breakfast. Dismal food (greasy sausages with a weird aftertaste and dry over-cooked eggs among other issues), awkward seating/unseating to get pics at the long booths when characters came around, and the worst/most indifferent character interaction I’ve ever experienced at WDW. I couldn’t wait for our ADR as it was supposed to be a hidden gem. Left feeling so disappointed with the overall experience.

Kona dinner. Mediocre to not good food. Sushi was a huge disappointment.

The Fountain at Swolphin. At the places above, service was excellent even if the food and other issues disappointed. Service at the Fountain was just bad and, frankly, lost the restaurant a good deal of money (there were eight of us, and we wanted more food, dessert and more adult beverages, but our server ignored our table in an almost empty restaurant in order to gab with the other staff there). The food was ok (burgers were similar to WDW QS), but not worth the crappy service at all. I felt really bad, as I’d talked our party into going there because of great reviews here on Dis. The experience has made us wary of trying other Swolphin restaurants, frankly.

Sanaa. Probably one of the most beloved restaurants on these boards and on property in general, I'd never seen anything but rave reviews, and since we stayed at Kidani in June, I was so excited to try out this restaurant. BUT, it should be mentioned that I really didn't have much experience with that sort of cuisine prior to Sanaa.

I now know that I despise the taste of curry, and that "butter chicken" is not as delicious as it sounds.

And I almost hesitate to say it, but I didn't like the bread service, which is SOOO popular.

This in no way reflects the quality of Sanaa. I'm sure people who enjoy that type of food love it. It just wasn't for me. Pretty place though. We weren't seated near windows, but it wasn't a big deal since we were staying at the resort anyway and could see the animals whenever we wanted.

I'd also count BOG as a letdown. We had breakfast there in 2016. Meh.

Le Cellier - I will never go back there again, as others have noted tables are far too close together and the food isn't great. For the price they are charging it should be much better.
Planet Hollywood - Another place I will never go to again, terrible food, terrible service
50's Prime Time - Went there last weekend, VERY disappointing, bland food, not the greatest service

I'm beginning to prefer meals outside of the parks for sure. The Boathouse at Disney Springs is good, Splitsville is very good (very good sushi believe it or not), The Wave is one of the more reliable restaurants IMO.

Garden Grill breakfast. Dismal food (greasy sausages with a weird aftertaste and dry over-cooked eggs among other issues), awkward seating/unseating to get pics at the long booths when characters came around, and the worst/most indifferent character interaction I’ve ever experienced at WDW. I couldn’t wait for our ADR as it was supposed to be a hidden gem. Left feeling so disappointed with the overall experience.

Kona dinner. Mediocre to not good food. Sushi was a huge disappointment.

The Fountain at Swolphin. At the places above, service was excellent even if the food and other issues disappointed. Service at the Fountain was just bad and, frankly, lost the restaurant a good deal of money (there were eight of us, and we wanted more food, dessert and more adult beverages, but our server ignored our table in an almost empty restaurant in order to gab with the other staff there). The food was ok (burgers were similar to WDW QS), but not worth the crappy service at all. I felt really bad, as I’d talked our party into going there because of great reviews here on Dis. The experience has made us wary of trying other Swolphin restaurants, frankly.
Ditto on the Garden Grill. Restaurant nearly empty, couldn’t get drink refills as server didn’t come back to table after dumping the big pan full of dried, over warmed breakfast items onto the table until the check finally came.The best part of the meal was watching the restaurant rotate. Worst part, outside of the bad food kids wouldn’t eat, was trying to explain why the characters seemed so “sad”.

Horror?? You've been watching lots of Halloween movies on Netflix, right?? :rotfl2:This is a FORUM, where people give their opinions and their experiences. :thumbsup2

You work at BOG, right? :laughing: And if you actually READ my previous posts, you will see that my experience was at least a year and a half ago. Maybe more. Doesn't matter. They had just started having some pre-order meals available via the MDE app, and I was not aware that day that BOG had been included. But the rest of the experience was SO, so far BELOW every other FAST FOOD location at WDW in my experience. If you have had great experiences there, (or if you work there), I am sincerely happy for you. You may have my place there as I will be no competition for you for BOG. ;) ::yes:: :wave2:

I certainly read your previous posts and your writing clearly indicated that waiting and ordering at a kiosk was ridiculous to you. Maybe you should go back and reread what you wrote yourself, as your first three lines ranted about just that.
I don't know what it being a year and a half ago has to do with anything and I never brought up pre-ordering, though it can save time (unless you get stuck behind a group who decides to change everything on their pre-order when they get to the front). You've ordered at kiosks since the restaurant opened. There have been long lines to order since the restaurant opened. I've waited in them numerous times, it was worse before they started doing ADRs.

Again, I'm not trying to argue that your overall experience wasn't bad. It just seems like so many people expect BOG breakfast/lunch to be much more than it is and then are disappointed when it's just a (very high demand, AKA busy) QS restaurant in a pretty setting.

Frontera Cocina.
Great drinks and guacamole.
That is all. Literally. Period. The end.
Oh and we actually ordered some entrees too.
So I repeat-great guac and drinks.

Le Cellier - we were so close to the other tables and the food was just ok ...it did not match the prices.

Yachtsman...food was fine but I felt like I was in an old mans basement...nit my style

California Grill... it was not terribly disappointing but the food did not quite match the super high prices we paid for it. It is not on my list of places to go again

Kona Cafe - Very mediocre food...very loud place!

I certainly read your previous posts and your writing clearly indicated that waiting and ordering at a kiosk was ridiculous to you. Maybe you should go back and reread what you wrote yourself, as your first three lines ranted about just that.
I don't know what it being a year and a half ago has to do with anything and I never brought up pre-ordering, though it can save time (unless you get stuck behind a group who decides to change everything on their pre-order when they get to the front). You've ordered at kiosks since the restaurant opened. There have been long lines to order since the restaurant opened. I've waited in them numerous times, it was worse before they started doing ADRs.

Again, I'm not trying to argue that your overall experience wasn't bad. It just seems like so many people expect BOG breakfast/lunch to be much more than it is and then are disappointed when it's just a (very high demand, AKA busy) QS restaurant in a pretty setting.

I was definitely disappointed with BOG at dinner with the new menu. It still felt like a crazy, loud, busy quick service, not a two-table-service credit meal--my husband and I gave up talking before we even got our appetizers because we couldn't hear one another across the table. And the food tasted like catered conference-event food rather than signature dining. I would think Disney needs to cut back on the number of tables they fill at nighttime if they want to market it as a two-credit experience.

Happy to go there for lunch because we do like to see the falling snow and enchanted rose, but at dinner I think Disney does set too-high expectations with the new price point for dinner.

50s PT. We got zero schtick. The peanut butter jelly milkshake was fine, but it just tasted like peanut butter (and we also had some ice crystals, so it wasn't even really well made). The portions were fine, and I know we are big eaters, but everyone had raved about how a family of 6 could order the combination plate and be satisfied.

Cape May dinner (breakfast was good). Stringy crab legs added to a Sizzler level buffet in an atmosphere that was about like eating at a Red Lobster. It wasn't disgusting, just absolutely nothing special to waste money or a dining credit on.

I was definitely disappointed with BOG at dinner with the new menu. It still felt like a crazy, loud, busy quick service, not a two-table-service credit meal--my husband and I gave up talking before we even got our appetizers because we couldn't hear one another across the table. And the food tasted like catered conference-event food rather than signature dining. I would think Disney needs to cut back on the number of tables they fill at nighttime if they want to market it as a two-credit experience.

Happy to go there for lunch because we do like to see the falling snow and enchanted rose, but at dinner I think Disney does set too-high expectations with the new price point for dinner.

Yeah, I won't be using 2 credits on that. I enjoyed a few dinners there when it was 1 credit, but it's off the list now. There are much better 2 credit meals out there.
They should add some sound attenuation in there, too. I think that would do wonders for the atmosphere, it can get kinda loud.

Dinner at BOG - wife told me later her pork chop was tough, like trying to eat a shoe. I would have sent it back had I known. I had the shrimp / puff pastry thing. Not a lot of flavor, had a couple of cooked shrimp (cooked separately) tossed on top. We did it once and don't need to go back. Lunch wasn't bad...

Dinner at Ohana - too dark, couldn't see what we were trying to eat, and if you don't take the next food when they visit with the skewer they will not come back. Best part - as we were being taken to our table the hostess made a point of telling us what a wonderful view we were going to have for the fireworks. We were seated along the wall on the opposite side of the restaurant. No need to visit here again either. Restaurant is tired and needs a makeover. Seating is very uncomfortable.

Dinner at Cali Grill - we visited with our daughter and some of her friends. Our server was the problem. We were treated poorly by the server.

Had the ice cream on a bread roll at France in Epcot. I don't know why people like these things.

Ohana for sure. For a restaurant which is near impossible to get the food was just ok for the price it is totally not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter