Can someone who doesn't like to spin (at all!) go on Men in Black?

Saffron

Palm Tree Hugger
Men in Black is one of my favorite movies! Gotta love Will Smith! But I can't spin! Yuck! Can I still go on the ride? I'm a bad shot too! :p

Well, the ride does spin. There is a time in the middle where the other car can shoot at you and make your car spin. The number of times depends on how many times they hit you. Then after you go under the big alien you spin around really fast several times. So, if you just can't spin, you probably shouldn't ride. If the problem is motion sickness - try Bonine or Dramamine Non-Drowsy. They both are meclazine and help with motion sickness. Even if you are a bad shot the ride is so much fun.

Nan

saffron you will spin one revolution at the second 90 degree turn on the ride.
you will spin two revolutions after the ambush.
you will spin three revolutions at the very end. these are cast in stone and will occur

there is another possible spin just after the scan that is caused by a alien in the ceiling area.

if you ride in the car across from me you will spin and spin until i hit my 999,999. :smooth:

:earseek:

Um, maybe I'll skip this one.

Thanks for th information and the warning MIB 999,999. :)

Thanks Nan.

That's a shame, since MIB is by far the best ride in Universal. I agree, you do some spinning.

did not mean to scare you off but there are those cast in stone spins. my wife will not ride for that very reason so i can understand what can happen to a non-spin person on a spin-type ride.
knowing is half the battle:eek:

LOL! You didn't scare me off MIB 999,999. You just made me scared to death of who I could end up sitting next to! LOL

It's really not worth ruining the day for me if I end up sick. Maybe I'll try it on the way out of the park one night - if I can get someone I know and trust to ride in the car next to me! :bounce:

Have fun reaching that 999,999!

I would encourage you to try it. I myself am strongly anti-spin. I got slightly nauseous on Cat in the Hat, and didn't even try Storm Force or the Teacups at WDW. However, I had no trouble with the spinning on MIB. I think this was because I was totally distracted by trying to shoot those aliens. My family felt that this was the most fun single ride at any of the parks, so I would suggest you try it unless you can't tolerate any spinning at all.

*gasp* Oh no! Does the Cat in the Hat spin too!
smhair.gif

Cat in the hat does spin and that ride bothered my husband who had a back seat on the couch! My son and I rode in front and were not bothered at all. Good Luck!

hey JR,
i remember the first time i rode cat in the hat and thought what is up with all this spinning on a " kids ride".
i did not think the spinning was any difference between the front or the back. i bet you let your husband have to many of those bug lollipops after losing to you at MIB :jester: :D

Musta been those lolli's:rolleyes:

But seriously...lots of people that get car sick or suffer motion sickness have it worse in the back seat. I always wondered why that is? By the way I'm with you....as we were riding Cat in the Hat for the first time my exact words were this is a kids ride? Maybe kids handle all that spinning better than us!:D

my wife rode it with me the very first time since it was cat in the hat, what could possibly be bad on that ride for the motion-sick prone of the world. we just as well wnet home right after the ride. she got a headache and made quick restroom stop for upset tummy. she was slow walking and absolutely no fun for the rest of the day and it was only 10:00 am. we were in the front as well.

I'm also a very bad spinner (used to even suffer from severe dizzy spells if I LOOKED at a spinning object!)

I found IoA extremely frustrating because it seems that EVERY ride spins. Of course, that's an exaggeration, but it's very common. So, I've made my choices for this trip & will just elect to skip a few things. I refuse to miss Spidey & Bilge Rat Barges. Those are not so bad if I haven't also been spinning on 3 other rides. Maybe you'll find the same reaction.

I've never been on MIB, but the great descriptions here have absolutely made up my mind not to go. I'm so glad, too. I'd be sick the rest of the day & have to miss everything instead of one ride. Thanks, everyone! :p

Hey, Saff! If that post was for me, yes, I definitely intend on doing Bilge Barge & Spidey. I can stand those but only if I pass on some things & I choose to pass CITH. Can't keep spinning all day, so I'll have to pick & choose. I HATE that. I WANT IT ALL!!!!!!!!!

I'm such a jerk -- misread your e-mail. Yes, they spin, too. You get caught up in the watyer & it spins you around. If you can stand it, it's not too bad. As I said, I pretty much have to pick & choose.

Originally posted by lc1965
I'm such a jerk -- misread your e-mail. Yes, they spin, too. You get caught up in the watyer & it spins you around. If you can stand it, it's not too bad. As I said, I pretty much have to pick & choose.

how about we say the bilge rats tend to rotate some as they go down the flume runs. in no way do they spin like CITH, MIB et al:smooth:

My DH gets sick on anything that spins, including Cat in the Hat and Men in Black (he tried each once, and couldn't ride them again :( ). I've read another thread about trying Dramamine or something similar (not as sedating). Apparently people have had great success, to the point where they can ride ANYTHING that spins after taking the medication. I am going to try my DH on something next trip so that he doesn't miss anything! (he also can't go on roller coasters that invert).

To MIB999999:

Fair enough! If it spun like CITH, I wouldn't go on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter