Calling All Disney Vacation Planners...Host Agency Reviews Wanted

I'm surprised this thread has been allowed to go for so many pages as I thought you were not allowed to mention if you are a TA or the agency you work for. I can offer some advice though. Look for an agency that fits you, so many are different. Some are just Disney, some do everything. You want one that will support you, provide feedback when you need it and have an owner and/or staff that takes an interest in your success. Be very careful that you are fully aware of any fees you will be responsible for. Some charge yearly fees and some monthly. With some agencies, if your sales are above a certain threshold then your yearly fee is waived. Yes, travel to a Disney location is required every so many months by most agency. How can you sell a product if you are not familiar with it? If you are presented with a contract, read it very carefully, especially with regards to commission; what your split is and when/how often it is paid.

No one can automatically get a CLIA/IATA card. You have to have a certain level of sales, complete separate training and be approved by your agency for the card. There is a separate fee for the card that you will be responsible for. It is renewable every year, but again, you must complete training and be approved by your agency. Once you have the card, you can only use it for a discount at each Disney location once in the calendar year, pending availability, not every time you go.

I would love for people to pm me with where you work and if they’re hiring. I’ve started researching different companies. This is definitely something I am very interested in doing. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter