Calling all detectives!

thatgirl

Earning My Ears
Hello nice people!

I posted this in the Collectors forum, but I thought with more eyes I would have a better chance of finding an answer. Moderator, please remove post if it's not in the appropriate place.

My husband and I had a house fire on Christmas day and lost everything. Unfortunately, that also included my entire Disney collection that I've built over 45 years. :sad1: While I understand that I probably won't be able to replace all or even most of the items (outside of maybe e-bay I can't even think of where to start looking), I do need to list them for insurance and provide photo's/replacement values if possible. You never expect something like this to happen so I don't have photos of a lot of my collections.
Do any of you know of any websites or catalogs that have comprehensive lists of Disney collectibles?
I'm primarily looking for information on Snowglobes, ceramic figurines, Christmas ornaments, and mugs.

Thank you in advance! :tink:

Stacy

There's a guy. Jim somebody. Someone else will come up with the name. But just Google Disney collector or Disney collections.

it came to me. Jim Shore.

There's a guy. Jim somebody. Someone else will come up with the name. But just Google Disney collector or Disney collections.

it came to me. Jim Shore.

Are you sure Jim Shore is right? I know him as a sculptor of lovely Disney items, but I am unaware if he has a collection/catalog. I didn't find anything on Google.

OP, I'm sorry about your losses. Hopefully your insurance will be helpful. For the Disney items, it may be difficult to get something comprehensive considering the myriad merchandise sources they have. I'd type general descriptions into eBay and see if you can spot the item. That will also be a good indication of the current value. Good luck.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this awful news-please know you have my prayers, even though they don't bring your things back. :(

I agree about eBay, they usually have everything. Take care.

There is no guide of collectibles of this nature. Someone might have created an online one for themselves so you might try to start there.

I would be curious as to whether your insurance company would pay out on a claim without adequate pictures....which reminds me, I need to take pictures of my collection too. The other question is whether you need a separate collectibles policy/rider.

If you have WDCC items, there is a guy on Facebook who created a group called WDCC (and other words I can't remember off the top of my head). His name is Jorge Leonardo. He has an extensive WDCC collection so might be able to help you there.

Hallmark carries Jim Shore...so you might want to see if they have some catalogs, or go on line... they might have retired pieces as well..

Ebay is another great spot to check out for Disney items, I have gotten stuff brand new in the box...

Sending you hugs, prayers and pixie dust...

When searching eBay, I think the best bet is to filter your searches by "completed/sold items". This will show you the actual value of the items that have actually sold, so you can help determine the worth. I always use this search function when trying to decide if something is worth selling on eBay.

So sorry this happened to you, best wishes and good luck with everything moving forward!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter