Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

Love this. We own at Boardwalk Villas, so we are really anxious to try this place out.
Ditto, I wonder what early 2024 means...I'm hoping the end of January or first two weeks of February. Keeping my fingers crossed. That really tough that Trattoria al Forno is/was closed too, even for a short time that really cuts down on the dining options on the Boardwalk. I'm glad to hear they are putting in a new hot dog stand.

We walked past today and heard the doing work. Having said that we. didn't notice any real changes since our last trip in July, but they were definitely working today.

We walked past today and heard the doing work. Having said that we. didn't notice any real changes since our last trip in July, but they were definitely working today.
Glad that you heard work being done. We were there in late September and there was nothing going on. Progress! Let's hope this is a bit quicker than the work that's being done in Epcot for the past several years...

From my July pictures to the current pictures it looks like they REMOVED the roof and are working on that framing and they have added that blue "board". Nothing else looks much different. I don't know if early 2024 is doable. Maybe for Mother's Day teas! 🫖🍮

Thanks for the updated photo. I for one am really looking forward to this location opening.

I really hope it is done by NEXT [2024] Christmas because looking at photos from their shop this year it is just beautiful!!

Christmas at The Cake Bake Shop [video]

Santa at The Cake Bake Shop [video]

Thanks for the link, The Cake Bake Shop is really pretty. I can't wait to visit this location.

We were at the Carmel location on Saturday, first time seeing the holiday decor. They were super busy as usual, food/service were all very good, except the coconut creme pie, it was very very bland. I highly recommend the golden pineapple cocktail though.
Reservations at 4pm, we left a bit after 6:30pm, so it’s not a quick meal. If doing only dessert you have 45 minute time limit.
There were 6 of us and my generous son in law paid, I’m sure it was way over $500.00 with gratuity already added in for our party.
I just hope Gwendolyn does well with this location, it sure is taking a long time to open.

For those of you who can't wait for Cake Bake to open in Florida, you can buy the Cake Bake Shop cookbook on their website...for cool $110 ($125 autographed by Gwendolyn Rogers, $140 autographed by Gwendolyn Rogers with a personalized message).

We were at the Carmel location on Saturday, first time seeing the holiday decor. They were super busy as usual, food/service were all very good, except the coconut creme pie, it was very very bland. I highly recommend the golden pineapple cocktail though.
Reservations at 4pm, we left a bit after 6:30pm, so it’s not a quick meal. If doing only dessert you have 45 minute time limit.
There were 6 of us and my generous son in law paid, I’m sure it was way over $500.00 with gratuity already added in for our party.
I just hope Gwendolyn does well with this location, it sure is taking a long time to open.

Yes, it does appear that this location will be on the pricey side but there is nothing new with that at WDW. Based on what I've seen I think it will be a nice addition to the area and I am very much looking forward to this location open. I just wish it would be open for next trip at the beginning of 2024. At this point I don't see that happening. I was very disappointed on our last trip (Jan/Feb 2023) that this restaurant wasn't opened yet. Here we are, a whole year later and it's still not even close to being ready. What is the hold up????

For those of you who can't wait for Cake Bake to open in Florida, you can buy the Cake Bake Shop cookbook on their website...for cool $110 ($125 autographed by Gwendolyn Rogers, $140 autographed by Gwendolyn Rogers with a personalized message).

Yes, very pricey but I don't want a cookbook, I want the restaurant to be open already! :rolleyes1 😉:flower1:

While the location is likely to be beautiful, the food is disappointing at least at the indiana location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter