Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

I think it is a one time thing to go and see the decor. I know many people that go weekly, I guess I don’t have that kind of money. If you search there is a good article about Gwendolyn that was in the Indianapolis Monthly magazine a few years ago. Quite interesting!!

Oh. Not good then.
My sister ordered a cake from CBS for my birthday last month, the lemon blueberry one. It was absolutely delicious! It was more dense than the cakes we get from our local bakery, more like a homemade cake, loaded with berries, and all the flavors were perfect. It was a huge cake, three layers that were over an inch thick, with plenty of frosting in between and on top. The frosting was not all sugar, like some frosting can be, and not overly sweet. It was excellent, but pricey. I’m looking forward to getting a slice of that same cake when CBS opens.

I think it is a one time thing to go and see the decor. I know many people that go weekly, I guess I don’t have that kind of money. If you search there is a good article about Gwendolyn that was in the Indianapolis Monthly magazine a few years ago. Quite interesting!!
It’s a special occasion place for us. I wouldn’t want to go weekly, even if it was in the budget. But it is really beautiful and a special experience. My daughter turns 13 this year and she’s asked to go there to celebrate.

Actually they started putting beams back on the roof this week. Still, my guess is four to six months before it opens.

I'm glad to hear that some work is finally being done. It has been down to just studs for a while now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be open on our next trip (Jan/Feb 2024).

Yes, as others have said it appears that this will be a pretty pricey place to dine. They do have a pretty good-looking menu, many things I would like to try.

They have just begun the build out of the interior. They filed the permit for this work March 28th, just a couple weeks ago. Permit has no end date which means it is good for one year. The restaurant website says end of this year. My guess end of year is a good estimate given where they are in construction.

The afternoon tea would be the only thing that interests me and only because GF still isn't doing theirs. Otherwise, nope, some of the sandwiches don't look bad but they better be served by a shirtless Chris Hemsworth for that price.
Any price? 😍

The afternoon tea would be the only thing that interests me and only because GF still isn't doing theirs. Otherwise, nope, some of the sandwiches don't look bad but they better be served by a shirtless Chris Hemsworth for that price.

I just looked at the Carmel Menu and the pricing looks in line with other sit-down restaurants at WDW. Not sure if you usually do sit-down or quick serve but it seems to me that most dining options at WDW are pretty pricey.

I’ve been and while the decor is beautiful it’s so overpriced and the food is eh

I just looked at the Carmel Menu and the pricing looks in line with other sit-down restaurants at WDW. Not sure if you usually do sit-down or quick serve but it seems to me that most dining options at WDW are pretty pricey.
I rarely eat QS, which is what most of the food looks like to me. It looks like mostly sandwiches served in a little nicer setting. $20 for a chicken salad croissant with a small side salad, want fries with that? Add $5. And yes, you would pay $20 for a reuben at the Plaza, which I also probably wouldn't pay but at least that comes with fries.

We used to order them frozen from Williams Sonoma. They were elegantly beautiful and delicious. Looking forward to Boardwalk.

I live in the Indy area and have been to both Cake Bake locations here numerous times. We LOVE it. The atmosphere, the food, the drinks and the desserts. We have never been disappointed. Yes, it’s super pricey - probably more expensive than most in the area around here but we always take our out of town guests. The cake slices are huge, you can feed three people with them, and I think the cake is delicious. I am so excited that they are coming to the boardwalk as it should do very well at Disney!883E518E-2371-45DE-AA52-46AA89B331B7.jpeg19E2DA3A-4F60-4BE6-AEE9-AE90724EE888.jpeg61A4B646-0859-4292-A4EF-247EA196AE4B.jpegB0A81E86-98A1-4356-BB10-811CDDD9A478.jpeg6D06AEB4-6A72-4FCA-A52C-830763CBFF82.jpegF2FB9CD6-D96B-45EA-8E03-F8BE6499E527.jpeg

Attachments

• 2DD58C0B-5CB2-44F3-826A-3BE4B28666FD.jpeg
    2DD58C0B-5CB2-44F3-826A-3BE4B28666FD.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Has there been any news about potential opening dates or new photos of the construction progress?

Looks like it's now "late 2023." Bummer. That's really prime real estate to be empty this long.

I live in the Indy area and have been to both Cake Bake locations here numerous times. We LOVE it. The atmosphere, the food, the drinks and the desserts. We have never been disappointed. Yes, it’s super pricey - probably more expensive than most in the area around here but we always take our out of town guests. The cake slices are huge, you can feed three people with them, and I think the cake is delicious. I am so excited that they are coming to the boardwalk as it should do very well at Disney!View attachment 752597View attachment 752598View attachment 752599View attachment 752600View attachment 752601View attachment 752602

I agree - My niece lives in Carmel and I thought the food was delightful when I visited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter