Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

I think it's all connected here, to the change to an LLC, to the trust.

How are guides responding to questions about CFW deed language and the trust? Are they just as in the dark as we are? Some disclosure as to what people are truly buying seems appropriate.
Absolutely.

I think we put a disproportionate emphasis on guides' knowledge when Disney just doesn't inform them until they are 'ready'. Guides get training just before a product goes live.

Somebody might want to update that page at some point:

Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.

Any chance DVC 2.0 could be Disney implementing a poison pill because of the two shareholder groups trying to break up the company?

I think it's all connected here, to the change to an LLC, to the trust.

How are guides responding to questions about CFW deed language and the trust? Are they just as in the dark as we are? Some disclosure as to what people are truly buying seems appropriate.
I think guides are mostly in the dark. I asked my guide and she said more information would come out soon regarding the trust. Probably all guides told generic answer.

I think guides are mostly in the dark. I asked my guide and she said more information would come out soon regarding the trust. Probably all guides told generic answer.
Doesn't that imply there is more information to share?

Otherwise it'd be "CFW is just like any other resort and we have nothing else to share about the Trust".

Any chance DVC 2.0 could be Disney implementing a poison pill because of the two shareholder groups trying to break up the company?
OMG ... if I were trying to devalue my company, I would take my beautiful brand-new Poly tower and give away access out of spite. Same association, no restrictions, I'd keep the price at $250 pp so nobody bought it and the debt lingered. Take on more debt and resurrect reflections ...

OMG ... if I were trying to devalue my company, I would take my beautiful brand-new Poly tower and give away access out of spite. Same association, no restrictions, I'd keep the price at $250 pp so nobody bought it and the debt lingered. Take on more debt and resurrect reflections ...
☝️

https://www.facebook.com/share/o9nXQrvgmvbjPf5b/?mibextid=kL3p88

Bringing this link over from the Camping board.

Legacy cabins being sold for $50k.

Removals begin March 19 which is consistent with the info I shared in Janaury.

Bama Ed
Very curious how many of them get sold and which Disney divisions financially benefit.

If DVD's putting in $100mil* to convert these cabins to DVC, even 200 'piece of history' units selling at $50k each wipes out $10mil off the top, but only if DVD gets the proceeds from the resale.

* I think $100mil is an upper-estimate, based on $87.5mil from 350 units at $250,000 each, plus another $12.5mil of development costs. For what it's worth, selling 350 units at $210/pt works out to $576mil of revenue based on the points chart.

Good question. There are 365 cabins to replace and at 50k each that's a cool $18.25M which is a good chunk of change.

From a Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) point of view, the resort side of Disney paid for the cabins 25 years ago so the resort side should get the "salvage value", I would think.

The cost for DVD to build, place, and sell the new DVC cabins is cooked into the point price they charge. And in the out years, when those DVC cabins are ultimately replaced, DVD would get the salvage value (whatever that might be then). I am certain that an assumption for the salvage value is part of the business plan spreadsheet, so to speak.

Bama Ed

So I'm thinking all the speculation on the plans for DVC and the Trust are premature... they're still hiring an outsider MBA to tell them what the plan is!
:duck:

Well, it says to help them with DVC 2.0 which tells me we are in for some surprises and changes as time moves on

And, my guess is it will involve the trust in some way…and hiring someone new to oversee the new way of sales to come!!

With the job posting mentioning the 14 resorts, might that be a hint DVC 2.0 refers to all restricted properties? Riviera, VDH, CFW, and all new restricted resorts?

For new interested DVC buyers, there really aren’t any great incentives into buying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. To start receiving a discount of $6 a point, new buyers, like myself, would need to buy the minimum of 150 points. This plus the issue of the high dues makes the other actively selling DVC resorts a lot more enticing. I spoke with my DVC guide earlier today and he even suggested buying elsewhere and just booking at the 7 month window to use our points at CFW (my husband and I absolutely enjoy the Fort but not the dues).

We might just buy resale elsewhere for our first contract even though we would not be able to book any stays at CFW with points purchased at one of the 14 legacy resorts. Then add later on a resale CFW contract in 2 or 3 years from now (even with the restrictions since if we buy points at CFW we would only use them there anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter