Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

But people aren’t even being deeded to the cabins…they are being given a RTU in the vacation plan that gives access to them.

They remain the property of the trust.
Because they can't be deeded to a cabin, since the cabins will be completely replaced in 14 years with new cabins. You can't have a deed on something that is a temporary "structure"

Because they can't be deeded to a cabin, since the cabins will be completely replaced in 14 years with new cabins. You can't have a deed on something that is a temporary "structure"

Some who have legal knowledge have said that is not necessarily true. It depends on how they are classified.

But We just don’t know if the change is specific to them. And, these cabins were not replaced in 14 years so not sure where it says they must.

I won’t believe this is a one and done until several more properties are built and sold as leaseholds like all previous ones.

Last edited:
Some who have legal knowledge have said that is not necessarily true. It depends on how they are classified.

But We just don’t know if the change is specific to them. And, these cabins were not replaced in 14 years so not sure where it says they must.

I won’t believe this is a one and done until several more properties are built and sold as leaseholds like all previous ones.
I was just making an assumption that they'd replace them at 14 years vs gutting them down to the studs like they would a typical refurbishment. I guess you're right in that we won't know if they'll do that.

I can't think of a single reason attributed to the product sold as to why LLC vs. S-Corp. Most of the differences and motivations for one over the other are ownership and tax based. S-Corps do have some subsidiary restrictions...perhaps because CFW has been set up as a trust there are some ownership/control issues relating to being an S-Corp that was solved by switching to an LLC.

I think we should be careful to assume that this was motivated by CFW or anything product related...it's just as likely (if not more likely) that there was some other internal benefit to the conversion.
I don’t know how any of this works, but now I see a brand new S Corp was opened in May of 2023 to sell DVC. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_7856.jpeg
    IMG_7856.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 47
vs gutting them down to the studs
Hopefully that refurb comes sooner then 14 years so they can flip the bunk beds to the other side of the wall.
“Hey let’s change everything about the cabins that make it a cabin but let’s leave this original one flawed design element into the new tiny house we build.” At least the dogs still have a place to sleep if and when we return to the cabins in the future.

Has anyone looked into the availability for the Cabins? I find it weird that there's full availability as far as an owner would be able to book (even during Halloween/Christmas), but if I try to book a cash stay, it gives me no availability.

I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but I would have though at least some nights would be unavailable by now.

Has anyone looked into the availability for the Cabins? I find it weird that there's full availability as far as an owner would be able to book (even during Halloween/Christmas), but if I try to book a cash stay, it gives me no availability.

I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but I would have though at least some nights would be unavailable by now.
So far, 30 cabins have been declared and ONLY existing members that have added on points at CFW can book them.

• Tuesday, March 19: All DVC owners can make cash reservations online or by calling Member Services.
Does that only include direct members? Or can resale members book cash stays on this day?

yes, but that was posted on Feb 15th. I'm surprised that in a week no dates have been fully booked.

With 30 cabins available each night, I can see why it’s not sold out any yet with only DVC owners who added on eligible.

So, the next question is . . . Is there an official, Fort Wilderness Cabin thread? I have my first trip in October booked. You can only book over the telephone as a new purchaser — not online yet. I will answer questions if I can based on documents and the like; however, the most interesting thing I got out of my guide is that he believes they are going to be extending the permits for “Reflections”. He doesn’t know anything, and if he did, he couldn’t tell me, but it sure sounded like they are added it to the Cabins if it is coming (at least with current thought which could change). It also sounded like the Poly will be added to the current Poly (which has been what people are thinking). I own at the Poly so I was asking about that (and have asked for the disclosure documents as soon as they are available — I’m worried it will be hard for me to get my normal lake view studio for race weekends).

I also told him that we should lobby for a name change for Reflections — or at least make it “Reflections — The River Country Lodge”. Imagine the merch. . .

I think it's all connected here, to the change to an LLC, to the trust.

How are guides responding to questions about CFW deed language and the trust? Are they just as in the dark as we are? Some disclosure as to what people are truly buying seems appropriate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter