• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Bye Bye, Boys! We'll have fun storming the castle! Jan '16 Mom/Daughter TR

Princess tea (cont)

Then Aurora came around and gave each girl a long stemmed rose. Sylvie was very impressed with this, she kept asking "Is it real??"

IMG_7111.JPG

IMG_7113.JPG

They really spent a nice amount of time with each child, and Sylvie felt very special. After Aurora left our table, Sylvie was ready to go.

We tried to wait a bit because they were going to have a Princess Parade around the lobby, but Sylvie was tired. THey gave everyone a draw string bag, similar to the BBB ones, to hold all the kid's loot.

IMG_7116.JPG

One more good bye photo!

While this was a pricey morning activity, I think it was well worth it and we had a great time. If I could change anything, they would get a higher quality doll (I didnt love this one, even the animator's collection is nicer). They used to have american girl style dolls, that would have been better. These felt kind of cheap and I didnt like how made up her face looked. If they change the doll I will take her back in a few years to do it again. I do think 3.5 was a fine age to go. The oldest kid there was perhaps 9, and the youngest was having her second birthday. 5 or 6 is probably the sweet spot :)

Unforunately I didnt sleep very well last night. At about 2am our neighbors came home and were quite loud. It felt like they were in the room with us, actually! It was pretty terrible and I couldnt go back to sleep, even after they got quiet around 2:45am.
:eek: Not cool!

Because even though MK is a PITA by taxi
Next time have the taxi take you to the Contemporary and walk to MK.

I chatted with the family next to me, and quickly realized I "knew" them from the DIS January facebook group
:thumbsup2 Small World!

Sylvie was SUPER INTO the autographs. SHe was all business, actually, until they signed their names. IT was pretty cute!
:lovestruc

Then we popped into the lobby to wait for check in to start. First, some photos of my little Princess:

fullsizerender-3-jpg.149053
LOVE how it turned out! :lovestruc

Waiting at each seat was a Princess Aurora Doll. Sylvie was in shock that it was hers to keep.
:lovestruc

She wouldnt try it, despite my reassurances it was juice!
:rolleyes2:rotfl2:

Loved the update about the Princess Tea Party! Sylvie looks so cute in her dress! Looks like she really enjoyed the activity!

I had to laugh at your comment about thinking you recognized the lady as a actress but cannot remember her name. That is me! I recognize faces but cannot remember names, especially famous actors and actresses. I am constantly trying to describe an actor or actress in a movie to someone for one reason or another but can never remember the name. Or I get their name messed up (part of it correct and part of it being another actor's name).

Growing up, I was really bad with remembering the names of music groups I liked. Still am today!

Day 2 (MK cont)

We left the tea and changed back from princess to little girl in the bathroom, and then loaded up the stroller to go back to the MK. My initial plan was to go back to our resort since I knew the busy morning would necessitate a good nap, but I really didnt want to go all the way back to Yacht Club. It didnt matter, anyway, because Sylvie fell asleep in the stroller before we even got back on the monorail! Ha ha, out like a light!

We went back to MK and I let Sylvie snooze while I wandered around, got my starbucks coffee, and people watched. Eventually I found the line for Merida looking pretty short, and since it was almost 2pm I decided to pop in before her afternoon set ended. While I was waiting in line I facetimed my son, who was having a blast with daddy, they were going to the movies. The kind CMs on the line let me take the stroller up the ramp with Sylvie snoozing, so I didn't have to wake her until we were about next in line for meeting. SHe was not happy to get up, but over a two hour nap seemed plenty for a girl who doesn't nap at home at all anymore!

Our pictures did not come out great. Merida tried really hard though!
merida.jpg

After that Sylvie and I walked toward Tomorrowland. I was thinking about going to Monster's Inc Laugh Floor but the causeway there was just a nightmare of people, totally packed. THey were probably trying to get spots for the parade now that I think of it, but it was too much to try and navigate. So we popped on the People Mover!

IMG_7118.JPG
She's making quite the face....

Getting about time for our FPs now, and it is noticeably crowded at MK. Like, more crowded then I have seen it in a few trips. I am glad we have three FP lined up then our dinner reservation.

First up in Anna and Elsa! We are well into our FP window when we arrive. Sylvie was very excited to see her "friends." We didn't have much of a wait at all through the FP line, I dont think there was any one else in there if I remember right. Elsa was first:

SylvieandElsa (2).jpg

Then Princess Anna:

Sylvie and Anna.jpg

Next up, the other side of Fairytale Hall, ETWB, and my DRAMA unfolds....

Day 2 (MK cont)

By now it's after 3pm, I think. We decide to walk towards Storybook Circus area. Under the Sea has opened but the posted wait time is 30 min or so, so I decide we will just catch it on our next MK day. Sylvie really wants to meet Minnie, so head there. The posted wait time is 20 min for the ladies and 15 for the gents, but when we get inside I can see that the line is LONG and much more like 45 min, so we pop out and cross over to the boys. It was still a 20 min wait on that side even though the line was MUCH shorter, but we were next to a family with a cute baby so Sylvie was entertained! Our photopass pictures did not come out very well because Sylvie was holding her big princess Minnie doll nearly over her face in all of them. Oh well!

By the time we finished we were well into our Cindy and Rapunzel FP window return, so we headed back towards Princess Fairytale Hall.

Met Cinderella first:
cinderella.jpg

Then Rapunzel:
IMG_7122.JPG

We got done at about 345, I think, and our ETWB FP started at 4 or 410, so we just headed over there. The CM let us through a few minutes early. THere was just a couple of young women in line ahead of us, that was all for our FP crew. I think they were off duty CMs. I talked to Sylvie about the characters, she has been Chip before and assorted flatware. She practiced hopping. When we were let into the room, we were quickly followed by the hoards of people waiting in the regular line. It was the most packed experience with ETWB ever... and was not pleasant. I used to LOVE this attraction, but now my last two experiences have been marred. This time it was a huge family with several VERY pushy mothers who just totally crowded everyone else out. The kids pushed over Sylvie and nearly knocked her down, so she ended up being pretty clingy to me after that and didnt want to participate. That's fine with me, but I know she LOVES Belle and has done it many times without issue, so it was a little disappointing. Then when I went into the room and sat next to someone from the "family" on the bench, she freaked out at me, "where is my husband supposed to sit???" I moved over a bit for her and put Sylvie on my lap so he could squeeze in... maybe they should have stayed together? How was I supposed to know she was with someone? It was totally packed in there. On my other side was the parent of the little boy who was chosen to be the Beast, and they were so sweet and clearly had no idea what to expect. It was wonderful as always watching them experience that special moment! I snapped a selfie with Sylvie...

IMG_7123.JPG

Oh, this picture,... it was my UNDOING, :sad2::sad2:

Because when we got out of ETWB, I realized I had LOST MY PHONE. I noticed by the time I got to the stroller area, and immediately went to the CM at the entrance. He said it happens all the time and someone would take it to guest relations at the front of the park. He called in and told me they had found 3 phones today. I told him I lost mine about two minutes ago... anyway because of how the show runs he warned me it may be a while.

Being alone on a vacation with no way to contact home had me completely freaked out. I went to guest relations right away, even though I knew they wouldnt have it yet. THey let me call my husband and I left him a message that I had lost my phone, and gave him a rough outline of my plans for the night, so he could find me in case of emergency. We left Guest relations, it's about 430 now, I we have about an hour until dinner. I dont want to go all the way back through Main street because the park crowd is high... not as bad as earlier in the day but still pretty crowded. I see that Tink has a short wait so we head over there.

Tink!
15 min wait, tops. Another clueless family. When we got into Tink's home they just let their baby (15 months old or so) wander around?! SHe just passed about three families and went right to Tink, while another family was trying to get pictures. THey literally did nothing about it, it was so weird. Eventually the CM was able to get their attention and the grandpa came and picked her up, and then tried to cut the whole line to have her meet him next. The CMs straightened them out! Luckily the photopasses of this one came out great, since I didnt have my own camera.
IMG_7124.JPG

Once we left we went back to Guest Relations to check again for my phone.... no go.:sad:

It's almost dinner time so we go to Crystal Palace and check in, get our pager, and sit on the bench. I am feeling pretty stressed out now, and then realize that I dont have my phone so I cant take any character pictures at all at Crystal Palace.... wahhh!!!!! I feel like a total idiot, really. I chat with the hostess a bit, and then we get in to be seated. I told the waiter our story too, I think, because i am not good about hiding my emotions and I was pretty stressed about the thought of a vacation wihtout my phone. I already had plans to figure out where the ATT store is, take a cab first thing in the morning, and see what I could get! Contingency planning.

As we are waiting for our drinks, a lady in a suit come up to our table. She says, "I heard you are having a rough night. I was chatting with Pooh about it and he didnt think it was right that you couldnt take any pictures for your daugther. He really wanted me to bring you this..." And she gives me a disposable camera! Disney Magic!:wizard: :woohoo: I immediately started crying like a baby. And I gave then poor woman a hug, ha ha ha. :thanks:

The weird thing was it NEVER even OCCURRED to me to go buy a disposable camera, like i forgot they existed! Ha ha. Anyway I was so grateful and totally overcome. And I got old school pictures with the characters as we enjoyed our meal.

Note to self: buffets with a kid when you are the only adult are not easy.

I have to get the photos developed, and finish the roll first, before I can share any pics with you!

We finished dinner by 615 and I was truly exhausted by then. We went to guest relations on the way home with our fingers crossed....

And they HAD MY PHONE:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Tragedy averted. Before anything else happens we are going home, ha ha ha.

We got on a nearly empty bus with another family, with two little girls. Sylvie made best friends and they chatted in the most adorable manner all the way back to Yacht club.

Good night, crazy, wonderful, stressful first day at Disney!!!

Amazing how we are addicted to our technology. We spent our childhoods going to Disney and no-one in the family had a phone. I admit we try to avoid accessing them as much as possible in the parks, and I prefer a better quality of camera versus the phone, but it's difficult. I imagine it would be doubly difficult being solo with a little one! Hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Still looks like you had mostly a pretty good day.

I admit we try to avoid accessing them as much as possible in the parks, and I prefer a better quality of camera versus the phone,

I've become totally reliable on photopass for "good" photos. The phone camera is decent enough for the inbetweens, I find, and a lot easier to lug around then my canon rebel... which doesnt get as much use as it used to. I use the tech in the parks for FP and dining reservations only, otherwise... it's amazing what we dont remember when we have something doing it for us! I am thankful I know my husband's phone number by heart, ha ha ha.

Then when I went into the room and sat next to someone from the "family" on the bench, she freaked out at me, "where is my husband supposed to sit???" I moved over a bit for her and put Sylvie on my lap so he could squeeze in... maybe they should have stayed together?
In her defence, it is very easy to get seperated from your spouse in the transition from the rooms. And the CMs are very quick to not help get familys back sitting together. We are not fans of ETWB and that is one big reason why.

Because when we got out of ETWB, I realized I had LOST MY PHONE
:earseek::scared1:

When we got into Tink's home they just let their baby (15 months old or so) wander around?! SHe just passed about three families and went right to Tink, while another family was trying to get pictures. THey literally did nothing about it, it was so weird. Eventually the CM was able to get their attention and the grandpa came and picked her up, and then tried to cut the whole line to have her meet him next.
:sad2: Glad that the CMs there were able to sort them out.

As we are waiting for our drinks, a lady in a suit come up to our table. She says, "I heard you are having a rough night. I was chatting with Pooh about it and he didnt think it was right that you couldnt take any pictures for your daugther. He really wanted me to bring you this..." And she gives me a disposable camera! Disney Magic!:wizard: :woohoo: I immediately started crying like a baby. And I gave then poor woman a hug, ha ha ha. :thanks:
How magical!pixiedust:

The weird thing was it NEVER even OCCURRED to me to go buy a disposable camera, like i forgot they existed!
:rotfl2: I wasn't aware the gift shops still sold them!! LOL.

Note to self: buffets with a kid when you are the only adult are not easy.
I can imagine. My buffet strategy would be completely shot.

And they HAD MY PHONE:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:jumping1:

Loving your report! Sylvie is adorable. I have three grandsons, 21 months, 3, & 3 1/2, so hoping for a granddaughter someday to do the tea party with!

We are not fans of ETWB

I think I am coming to this conclusion as well. The problem is the first time we ever did it, it was a really small group and super magical. My husband was a knight, my kids were Chip and Mrs Potts, and it was just so nice.

I wasn't aware the gift shops still sold them!! LOL.

Glad I am not alone!

How magical!

It was!

Sylvie is adorable.

THank you! And :welcome:

Day 3: Disney Springs and Epcot

Good morning! We slept "in" a bit this morning, to 640 or so, ha ha. I let Sylvie rest while I busied myself for the day. We have our BBB makeover this morning, and my first visit to Disney Springs in a LONG time! I know transportation is a nightmare so I am leaving travel room. I pack up our princess gear and we bundle up (it's another COLD morning). We head downstairs and I get my coffee to go.

CHeck out the gorgeous empty lobby:
IMG_7128.JPG

When i go out front I ask about Disney Spring buses, and get two conflicting answers. FIrst CM tells me no bus because they dont open until 10, so they wont start running until 9. Second says that if BBB is open they "should" have buses going. Well I am not going to wait forever for nothing so I just have them call me a cab.

We pop into the taxi around 730 and start driving over. I told the driver what area I wanted to be dropped off at. He drops me off across the street and tells me I have to walk over the pedestrian bridge and i will be right there. I dont know ANYTHING About DIsney Springs so I just assumed he got me close, and got out of the cab. I was REALLY far away. I was not super happy because it was cold out and we had a long walk. I think he dropped me in the CM parking area. Anyway, I had no idea where i was going but a CM dressed as a fairy-god-mother in training was walking in front of us so I knew who to follow, ha ha. We stopped along the way and took some pictures of the lego creations for my son.

IMG_7130.JPG
IMG_7131.JPG
Can you spot the real girl?

We were still early when we got to World of Disney but luckily Starbucks was up and running! So I bought myself a fancy coffee with a snack credit and Sylvie had a banana. A few other families were trickling in now, so Sylvie ran around a bit with the other little girls. At about 845 they opened the door and we went in. We had a little wait while a couple other families checked in first. I was surprised how small the area was compared to the MK location. I sat next to a friendly grandmother who was there with her daughter and two granddaughters adopted from Columbia. We had a lovely time watching our princesses get transformed!

IMG_7132.JPG
ready to go!
IMG_7134.JPG
Finishing touches!

We finished up at BBB and headed down the street to the photograph area. On the way out of World of DIsney, I noticed someone familiar in the BBB window set up in the front... that dude from DIsney PArks BLog that does the unboxed segments! He was working with a little dude who had a knight makeover. I waved "hi" and we watched for a minute. I really wanted to ask him when I was going to be able to get one of those lovely Beauty and the Beast Dooney and Bourkes!

Last week saw the blog post about what he was doing, here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...obbidi-boutique-in-disney-springsmarketplace/

When we got to the photographer area it was empty, either the other families didnt know to go get pictures or decided to skip it. Anyway Sylvie was NOT having it at first. She didnt want to take pictures. I the photographer she would warm up, and maybe we could watch another family first. But no other kids came in, and eventually Sylvie decided she was going to go for the gold:

bbbdisneysprings1resize.jpg

We got some amazing photos from the shoot, surprising since she wasnt thrilled at first!

IMG_7179.JPG

We finished up and headed out. Quick stop in Once Upon a Toy to get Ben some Potato Head pieces.

Next up: We head to Epcot!

Anyway, I had no idea where i was going but a CM dressed as a fairy-god-mother in training was walking in front of us so I knew who to follow, ha ha.
That's one way not to get lost! :rotfl2:

We were still early when we got to World of Disney but luckily Starbucks was up and running!
:dancer::drinking1

When we got to the photographer area it was empty,
just where is the photographers area? I've heard that if you have memory maker you can get photos done there even if you don't have a reservation at BBB.

Anyway Sylvie was NOT having it at first. She didnt want to take pictures. I the photographer she would warm up, and maybe we could watch another family first. But no other kids came in, and eventually Sylvie decided she was going to go for the gold:
Glad she warmed up!

We got some amazing photos from the shoot, surprising since she wasnt thrilled at first!
:thumbsup2

Love your report so far! How fun that you guys got to do a mother/daughter trip.

I have read a few reports of the princess tea party - looks like a great time.

I totally would've freaked out upon losing my phone, too. I have a fear of my phone missing, car dying, and being stranded on the side of the road! Lol. It's always nerve-wracking when you can't get in touch with people at home, especially when you're that far away. Glad you found it!

I would've been so irritated at the entitled family too... people like that drive me crazy.

Yay for pixie dust and a disposable camera!! I'm sure you'll look back at those photos and laugh that you took them with a disposable camera in 2016 ;) Funny, we went on a trip to Niagara Falls with my fiance's aunt (she's probably like 70) and she whipped out her disposable camera to take pictures.. we were all like what in the world!??!

Sylvie's BBB makeover is just the cutest... I love her Belle dress.

Funny, we went on a trip to Niagara Falls with my fiance's aunt (she's probably like 70) and she whipped out her disposable camera to take pictures.. we were all like what in the world!??!

Ha ha ha! Exactly! Today I went to Costco to make prints from my photopass downloads... and they told me they dont even develop film anymore! I'm going to have to go to a pharmacy and do send away, ha ha. Prehistoric.

:welcome:

Day 3 (cont, headed to Epcot)

Leaving Disney Springs it was plenty early for us to make our noon ADR at Epcot with no problems, so we headed over to the bus area... and saw our bus pulling out. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :sad2:

I knew it would be a wait, but it was A WAIT. Oddly our line was the only one with people waiting... perhaps 15 of us. The bus from Disney Springs was shared with: Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, and Boardwalk. Ugh. Anyway, YC/BC was last so we just got off at the DOlphin, my thought being we will change to the boat. I should have just walked, ha ha. But we got on the boat. And it was packed, so I got off at BC and walked anyway! We definitely beat the boat. We went through the international gateway by 11:15 or so, and walked straight to the Land for our reservation. I checked in about 15 min early to Garden Grill. I had never eaten here so I didnt know what to expect... and I LOVED IT. We will definitely be back for our next family trip! Our waiter was just so friendly. He took pictures for us. He offered to bring me coffee after the meal... I dont remember that ever happening at other buffets/aycte.

The characters at Garden Grill were great too. They took so much time with us, and Farmer Mickey worked so hard to try and get SYlvie to eat her vegetables! Everyone asked her to dance and she twirled around with them all. It was great. And the food was very good too, reminded me of Liberty Tree, which i also love. the starting salad was the best, though, I wouldnt let them take it away, ha ha.

IMG_7153.JPG IMG_7145.JPG IMG_7142.JPG IMG_7141.JPG

We finished around 1pm. SYlvie seemed pretty tired! But she wanted to push on... so we went to Nemo and rode, then did Turtle Talk. Then we went over to check out the Disney Visa Character Meet area. The line was very short. Sylvie was just a bit wild at this point, and kept saying she wanted to meet Minnie! Luckily it was Minnie and Pluto. Sylvie didnt seem to mind seeing Pluto again so soon!

IMG_7163.JPG

I thought Sylvie would sleep so I decided to walk around the World Showcase for an hour or two and see if she would take a nap before dinner. She did not! We spent a long time in the gift shop in Japan. I bought some treats for her brother, and got them both beginner chop sticks, that are joined at the top so they can learn to use them. I wanted to buy a Totoro stuffed animal but the smallest one was $19.99! I could just not fork over that much money for something so tiny.

Then we went to Germany and raided Karamel Kuche. By this point I am aware that I will have a lot of snack and QS credits left over... so we went bananas. First round through to bought two large bags of caramel corn, and a caramel apple sliced to snack on now. Then I went back through and got a few more snacks that I thought would pack well to go home! Yum! Sadly I have since consumed all of it.

Still too early for our ADR so I thought we would pop into Mexico and ride the Gran Fiesta ride, which was one of SYlvie's favorites on our last trip. For some reason we timed this poorly and the line looks LONG. I am sure it will go fast so we head over anyway. There are three CMs at the front. They immediately start going crazy for SYlvie and competing over her. The first started fawning over my princess and gave her some Mickey Stickers. Then a second says, "My stickers are so much better, Princess, look how big it is!" and gives her a big Mickey stickers. The third CM gets all indignant, and says "Ha! I beat you all! Princess! I give you a Fast Pass!" He takes her by the hand and unhooks the chain, and literally marches us past everyone and puts us right on a boat! It was SO funny and actually good timing for us and our ADR, ha ha.

It was pretty cool seeing the animatronic figures at the end, big upgrade from our last time on it!

At 5pm on the dot we checked in for Akershus. It was a bit of a zoo outside the restaurant. But for some reason they called our party almost immediately and we were in to meet Belle.

Our princesses were: Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel... and Mulan! What a fun surprise! Snow White must have been under the weather. I did NOT enjoy dinner at Akershus, and we will be back for Breakfast only. The interactions were fine, but my food was overcooked and dry and terrible, really.

IMG_7169.JPG

With no nap Sylvie was obviously tired. And so was I! She really wanted to go back to Mexico though. Luckily it was totally empty now and the boat was walk on, so we went two more times! She would have done more but I know I will have that song in my head for at least three days! We loaded up the stroller and walked back to Yacht Club. It was nice to be "home!"

Next up: Day 4: Another day at MK!

All caught up!

First the princess tea looked so nice, looks like a really something special to share with her! :wizard:

THE PHONE Oh my, i would have been totally freaking out too! :scared1: It is great they gave you a disposable camera! I could imagine that buffets with one adult and one kid would be really hard...

BBB looked like a success, as well! BTW all the dresses you made look amazing! :D

I think the garden grill looks like a great meal, and a little easier then a buffet!

I love the story about the CM's at the Gran Fiesta, so nice to see CM's really get in to it!

I am so sad you didn't enjoy Akershus! But Mulan that is so nice!

Seems like you are having a fabulous trip, and getting some nice Pixie Dust!pixiedust:

They immediately start going crazy for SYlvie and competing over her. The first started fawning over my princess and gave her some Mickey Stickers. Then a second says, "My stickers are so much better, Princess, look how big it is!" and gives her a big Mickey stickers. The third CM gets all indignant, and says "Ha! I beat you all! Princess! I give you a Fast Pass!" He takes her by the hand and unhooks the chain, and literally marches us past everyone and puts us right on a boat! It was SO funny and actually good timing for us and our ADR, ha ha.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::thumbsup2 So cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter