buying shares - halifax account

Does your local library have one? They usually do.

I bought 20 shares at a similar time through the Halifax at a cost of 3.599Euros per share (£3.105p per share)
Halifax charged a total of £17.50 for the transaction
Total £79.60 including all charges

My transaction from start to finish was pain free, the only difference was I emailed PDF copies of the application form and Halifax Contract notes directly to Disney (email address on application) I didn't realise until I had emailed it I was supposed to sign the application form (oops!) It didn't seem to matter as I received an email the next working day confirming my details and a temporary certificate a couple of days later.

All in all it took exactly 14days from emailing application to receiving my card.

Is the price for these shares now over £6 per share or am I looking at the wrong ones?

Thanks
Andrea

Can anybody help Mrs Thicky-Thick here?

I can work out how to buy shares but I can't work our European phone numbers. :lmao:

The website says to send your renewal form by fax to:
+33(0)164745636

So.....what does the + mean?
what does the (0) mean?

Help - I don't have plus signs or brackets on my phone. Can anyone tell me exactly WHAT to dial without brackets, symbols or magic words, pretty please?

i got the disney share code now its EDL is the trading code.i can get online access already by the looks of it as i already have accounts with halifax and is listed on my account list. it lets me go into it , however it appears that the 20 shares may come to over £100 with the trading fee, as they have advisd not sufficent funds to guarentee it will cover (unless its because the stock market is closed so cant do real time to check final price will charge) however at the moment the account says i can deal, but cant add any more funds to my £100 as thats resticted, hopefully that wont be the case soon and i will try again on monday

yay. got the shares now, bought them this morning.

i am right in thinking all i need to do now is the form and send that with a copy of the contract notes?? does any one know if they accept the applicatons via email as opposed to posting of fax??? as i am worried they wont accept the print out of the contract notes as they seem to want origionals according to their forms.

am i missing anything else that i need to send (i have bought 20 shares, so dont need to include the fee)

sorry not very good at these sorts of things lol and want to get it sorted asap!

I sent mine via e-mail and attatched a PDF of the application form without any problems, but others have had problems. I would e-mail it and if there is an issue they will contact you.

HTH

i have had to fax it in the end (yesterday am), as cant work out how to get the contract note downloaded to my computer. so had to print it.

i have asked them to email me to confirm receipt but not had anything from them yet. I have fax confirmation so fingers crossed it will be ok

getting worried now though as when i faxed over the papers to disney i had a cover sheet asking them to email to confirm receipt as well as sending an email after to them and nothing yet in my inbox to say they have received the fax. am tempted to resend incase

Please don't worry. I had lots of trouble converting the contract note into a format (pdf or doc) their computer could read. Eventually I sent it both by email and fax. I didn't hear back from Julien for a few days but then eventually got confirmation email.

Please don't worry. I had lots of trouble converting the contract note into a format (pdf or doc) their computer could read. Eventually I sent it both by email and fax. I didn't hear back from Julien for a few days but then eventually got confirmation email.

thanks will leave it to the weekend then chase

I have set up mu online Halifax Sharedealing account and I have selected to buy 20 shares at the opening of the market in the morning, once i get home from work I will be a Disney Share holder :cool1::banana::cool1:

I will then just have to find the link to the application and convert it to PDF along with the contract note (it sounds so easy but I bet it will take me hours to do) then wait for my shareholders card!

Fingers crossed for me!

This has got me interested, going to be visiting quite a few times over the next couple of years (its amazing what my student loan is being used for:goodvibes).

Right heres first question (of probably many!)

Where on the Halifax share dealing website do I actually find my contract note? I go to the section that say contract notes and click on it and it just has a statement advising me how to opt for email updates once a deal has been executed.

I just need my contract note for sending to Julien!

Now onto question 2

I have found my contract note and although it says 20 shares have been purchased it has a settlement date of 30 October 2009, does this mean I cannot apply for the shareholders club until after 30th October?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter