buying shares - halifax account

I bought 20 shares at a similar time through the Halifax at a cost of 3.599Euros per share (£3.105p per share)
Halifax charged a total of £17.50 for the transaction
Total £79.60 including all charges

My transaction from start to finish was pain free, the only difference was I emailed PDF copies of the application form and Halifax Contract notes directly to Disney (email address on application) I didn't realise until I had emailed it I was supposed to sign the application form (oops!) It didn't seem to matter as I received an email the next working day confirming my details and a temporary certificate a couple of days later.

All in all it took exactly 14days from emailing application to receiving my card.

After reading this thread I have taken the plunge and opened a Halifax share dealing account. I'm waiting for the password to arrive to allow me to buy shares and have credited the account with £100 required.

I'm now feeling very nervous. Once I have bought the shares where will I find the proof that I need to email to the shareholders club:confused3 Will it already be a PDF file thing like someone mentioned:confused3 How do I 'attach' it to the online application form:confused3 Do I have to send a separate email with the proof when I send the online application:confused3

As you can guess I'm a worrier:lmao:

to be honest - i printed off both the application form and the contract note and sent them in the mail.

the contract note is displayed in 'printer friendly format' in your web-browser.
if you're using a mac or have a pdf writer installed then you can write to pdf and email that to the address given on the shareholders club mini-site.

matt.

Sorry probably a silly question but whats a web browser? How do I know if I have a pdf writer?

When you print you should have a drop down list of where you want to print to. In the list Adobe PDF should be there if you have it installed, choose where you want to save it to ie my documents and give it a name. Do this for the contract notes off your Halifax account and the membership form for the Shareholders club.
You would need to compose an email just stating that you have attached the documents. I use AOL and there is a tab which says attach I then just hightlight the files I want to attach (these should then be highlighted in your email) and then send.

Alternatively just print both documents and send in the post, this would be the easier option if you don't know your way around a computer.

HTH

Thank you:goodvibes

I'll give it a try once I get the password. Seems quicker to do it online as we go on the 6th Oct and I'm hoping to get at least a temporary pass back before then.

Perhaps I should ask my 4 year old to do it:lmao:

Help:goodvibes Can anyone point me in the direction of the Shareholders application please?

OOOps Thanks:blush:

Managed to save as an XPS file rather than PDF. Hope that will work if I attach it to an email:confused3

Yep its me again:rotfl:

On the application form it asks what type of shareholder you are:confused3

Administered Registered
Bearer
Pure Registered
I don't know

Anyone know what the answer should be?

I put in "I don't know" as I was sending my contract note for my shares to them with the application anyway. I still don't know what kind of shareholder I am :rotfl:.

Thanks:rotfl: I've no idea what type of shareholder I am either. A nervous one...:lmao:

AAArgh Now I can't find the contract note on the halifax website? What should it look like I'm probably looking at it and don't know.

Got an email saying it could be viewed online.

And the email is off:banana: Or at least I think it is:rotfl: Managed to get contract note and attach to email with application.

for the record ... i believe you are 'bearer'.

:lmao:Oh well too late now. If I email them they'll think I'm nuts. Was contemplating phoning to check I'd sent the email right. If I don't get an acknowledgment monday I think I might just in case.

Now I'll need something else to worry about:rolleyes1

Bumped up for susannah365 :) - post number 18 on page 2 has the link to all the shareholders club discounts etc.

Having trouble with the contract note. My computer won't save it as pdf. I have tried converting it to pdf on the adobe website with no joy. I have emailed Julien every day so far and have just sent him one with it in another format so fingers crossed.

If this doesn't work I'm going to try and fax a copy tomorrow. Anyone know if someplace like staples would have a fax machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter