Buying Oogie Boogie Tickets - Timing

So out of curiosity I decided to see what dates were left. To my surprise, it still takes me to the queue anticipating over an hour wait..

Are there truly that many people attempting to buy 12 hours after tickets went live, or is the system just broken?

I tried again as well (just plain curiosity) and did the inspect source thing. It says estimated wait time as tomorrow at 7am. I think the demand is still pretty high even into the late hours since many people "purchased" tickets and did not receive a confirmation code so are trying again.

Just finally got to the front of the line after 9 hours…. I was surprised to see that all dates are currently still available.

I wasn’t much interested until I got home from work this evening and was poking through this and the other thread. Then I realized that we’ll be there for the first week, the day after my birthday, Sept. 14th. Then I read the descriptions. Then I got hyped up and jumped in the queue about 8 pm (“Over an hour wait”). I was just getting ready for bed at 11 pm and happened to check it- I was figuring it wouldn’t go down till morning- and it was down to 45 minutes! Now it’s 11:08 and it’s down to 12. Guess I’m getting tickets for my first Halloween party! 😂

After 7 hours in the queue, I got my tickets without multiple charges on my card. That last 20 minutes or so watching the time count down was exciting!

There’s no longer a wait to buy tickets. Also, September 28 briefly was showing as sold out but appears to now be available.
Still showing Sept 28 as unavailable for me.

wonder why that would be one of the dates to sell out first?

Is there a way to pay for the tickets with Disney gift cards online or does it have to be credit card? I got all the way to check out but didn't see a spot for gift cards.

I encourage anyone who comes across an eBay, Craigslist, or FB Marketplace ad trying to sell Oogie Boogie Bash tix to report the listing. Disney made clear that the tix are not for resale, yet people are trying to get 3x or more the original cost.

It is very easy to get burned by unauthorized sellers (selling the same tickets to more than one person, etc) and you more than likely won't know until you're trying to get in at the front gates. On eBay, you can report as prohibited items and event ticket resale.

I will **never** understand people who trust buying tickets for an event like this off Ebay.
I've seen people get turned away at the gate and it's both heartbreaking and a big DUH!
Imagine flying in, getting a hotel and having so much excitement only to be crushed. Gah.

I've bought theme park tickets (Non disney), other special passes, concerts and sporting event tickets (before stubhub days) without any problems. Not everyone is out to scam others.

If someone chooses to buy through craigslist, offerup, letgo, etc., then they certainly open themselves up to scams with no recourse.

So, all that drama yesterday for pretty much nothing. LOL. Only a handful of days sold out and not even Halloween when I checked this morning. Odd to see some of the random non weekend days sell out before others.

So, all that drama yesterday for pretty much nothing. LOL. Only a handful of days sold out and not even Halloween when I checked this morning. Odd to see some of the random non weekend days sell out before others.
The 2 weekday sellouts are the final nights at those prices and the Saturday before Halloween is always and early sellout when they offer a party that night.

What is everyone doing about the extra charges on their CC? I’m waiting to see if it falls off but it’s currently still there and never received a confirmation email for the error charge so I’m assuming it’s a true error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter