• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying Oogie Boogie Tickets - Timing

TheTinyTiger

DLR Vet, WDW Novice
I'm assuming the Oogie Boogie tickets will sell out quickly this year. Does anyone know what time they will open sale of tickets on July 13th?

What do you mean "lottery virtual queue"? I've never been to DL as an adult, so am not at all familiar with past ticket releases.

You go to the website, then they put you into a randomized virtual queue and you wait until it's your turn to buy tickets. They did this with tickets for Touch of Disney this spring. And with merchandise releases. And I think for park tickets when they first became available for the re-opening, though I wasn't able to participate in that.

Does anyone know if they are selling early for legacy AP holders or DVC members? I couldn't find any information on the DL website.

Does anyone know if they are selling early for legacy AP holders or DVC members? I couldn't find any information on the DL website.
They haven't said. Visa cardholders also used to get special tickets and nights, and that's not been announced either. I do wonder about DVC in particular, since WDW is having parties too.

What do you mean "lottery virtual queue"? I've never been to DL as an adult, so am not at all familiar with past ticket releases.
You go to buy tickets and it takes you to a landing page that says "Stand by!" And it tells you how long you have to wait, either over 1 hour, OR a time between 5 and 59 minutes. It's completely randomized using a lottery based algorithim.
They used it for taste of disney, merchandise drops, buying tickets and making hotel reservations when parks reopened, and several times since for dining reservations. Frankly I would be extremely surprised if they didn't do it for Halloween Tickets.

I hope I am able to get the ticket that I want. I don't have the lifestyle where I can sit in a virtual queue. I suppose if it said to come back at a particular time, I could maybe do that, but if their guess for the timing was off, I'd be back to square one. Perhaps I don't understand how it works. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people who can sit in a virtual queue for an hour or longer.

Disneyland’s Halloween parties have never had a date sell out on the opening day of tickets being released.

It could happen - I would bet that the cheapest days will sell first - but I don’t think people need to be too concerned. 🤷‍♀️

I suspect it will be a situation where the virtual queue is its usual mess, people spend hours and hours on it, and then by the evening/the next day, anyone can log in and grab tickets in 10 minutes…

I hope I am able to get the ticket that I want. I don't have the lifestyle where I can sit in a virtual queue. I suppose if it said to come back at a particular time, I could maybe do that, but if their guess for the timing was off, I'd be back to square one. Perhaps I don't understand how it works. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people who can sit in a virtual queue for an hour or longer.
We just keep it open on the phone/computer whatever and check in on it intermittently. 🤷‍♀️

Disneyland’s Halloween parties have never had a date sell out on the opening day of tickets being released.

It could happen - I would bet that the cheapest days will sell first - but I don’t think people need to be too concerned. 🤷‍♀️

I suspect it will be a situation where the virtual queue is its usual mess, people spend hours and hours on it, and then by the evening/the next day, anyone can log in and grab tickets in 10 minutes…

Eventhough I know this is likely how it will go (and am not aiming for a high-demand day), I am still fully ready to sit in that queue tomorrow and stare at the Thunder Mountain goat for hours 😵

I do think Halloween Night itself could sell out by the end of the day tomorrow. A lot of people are anticipating this virtual queue now so I think more people will be buying in advance this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter