Buying DVC Points in Cruise

Reginaphalange1

Earning My Ears
Does DVC still offer a really good deal when buying points while you’re in your cruise? I’m thinking I caught the add-on-itis and am wondering if waiting until my cruise next year is worth the wait?

We were on a November Wish cruise and do not remember seeing any offers during the member celebration presentation. Also do not remember seeing anything when stopping at the DVC desk almost daily for free gifts but we did not ask about adding on so we may not be a good source. It seemed like (for us) unless you specifically inquired about adding on nothing was said.

I believe they used to offer cruise-exclusive incentives, like when we bought in back in 2010 (Grand Californian for $90 a point). For several years now, the prices/incentives are the same no matter where you buy.

I would recommend to ask this also in the Purchasing DVC forum. The people there are very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of buying DVC (but be aware that people there most likely will recommend to purchase resale for an add on. 😉)

We went to our first DVC presentation on a cruise. No specials but they had a drawing for $200 ship credit for any first timers. We won because I think we were the only ones. It was like a 1/2 hour with no pushy sales.

We went to our first DVC presentation on a cruise. No specials but they had a drawing for $200 ship credit for any first timers. We won because I think we were the only ones. It was like a 1/2 hour with no pushy sales.

My wife is a former winner as well. Do they still have those presentations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter