Buying Direct Question

That’s what it sounds like. But if that’s your plan, why not put it on another credit card?

There’s cards right now from BoA and Wells that gives 0% for one year plus $200 cash back upon spending $500/$1000. And then if you still have a $5,000 balance, a balance transfer intro card typically allows another year at 0% but racks on a 3-5% fee on the balanced transfer; which amounts to $150-$250 (paid for from your first promo) That’s essentially 2 years of financing for no interest.

For the record, I don’t really support carrying credit card debt. But if you’re going to do it, there’s ways to reduce the burden.
The Disney card is currently is currently offering a $200 account credit for $500 charged for new members.

I believe you get 6 months from purchasing DVC with the Disney Visa all the time, not just when getting the card. Can anyone confirm this?
This is true. I had a Disney visa for several years before adding on at Kidani . I got 6 months interest free.

I was just chatting online with a dvc rep, I'm trying to get all the detailed information I can get about purchasing 75 pts before it goes up to 100 minimum on tues. he claimed he couldn't give me many details unless I called him. anyways, does anyone remember what the closing costs are? i'm considering paying cash, I prefer not to finance, so im trying to figure out what the total cost would be. also, is there any other costs such as a deed fee and so forth? thank you for your help!

I was just chatting online with a dvc rep, I'm trying to get all the detailed information I can get about purchasing 75 pts before it goes up to 100 minimum on tues. he claimed he couldn't give me many details unless I called him. anyways, does anyone remember what the closing costs are? i'm considering paying cash, I prefer not to finance, so im trying to figure out what the total cost would be. also, is there any other costs such as a deed fee and so forth? thank you for your help!

I believe my closing costs are about $350 on 75 points at SSR.

The Disney card is currently is currently offering a $200 account credit for $500 charged for new members.

Not sure if you're referring to the "regular" card that has no annual fee or the "premier" card that has the $49 annual fee, but if you search for it, you can find a Premier card promo that comes with a $250 account credit for $500 charged. That, plus double the Disney Rewards than the "regular" card... Could add up. This is in addition to the 0% finance charges for 6 months. I'd post a link, but am not sure if I'm allowed to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter