Buying Aulani

I don't think I'll ever be DVC-Y. Soon I'll have 500 points, if I'd bought direct I would have I think something in the range of 200-225. But the sparkly wristband, I am a little sad about that. I'm going to bring some glitter and a hot glue gun next time.
I personally love the sparkly bands but long time local DVC owners prefer the regular ones because it’s easier to take off and less scratchy 🤷‍♂️

I don't let them pile up on my wrist anymore. At most two (if I get the next day's in the afternoon).

I see good listing prices on fidelity but I am leery of using them. Have always worked with Scott from our board sponsor firm so I am trying to be patient 🤞
We’re in the middle of our 4th with Fidelity. All have gone off without a hitch. We also have one in progress with the board sponsor and it did not start off well at all. I swear we got the keystone cops team. Surly, being difficult, non responsive and then blaming us for things not happening. Finally got their crap together and now things are going smoothly.

We’re DVC-Y and I just want to say that the sparkly bands faded to grey over the course of a few days. My daughter was collecting them on her arm and several of them lost their color during our stay. My inner Tamatoa loves to sparkle, but it looked like the non-Y bands were more substantial (like rubber or plastic?) and the member ones were like a thick ribbon.

I prefer the plastic vinyl ones over the sparkly ones. So who went and got the 1000 pt contract. WOW :oops:. I can't even imagine the dues statement for that...

We’re in the middle of our 4th with Fidelity. All have gone off without a hitch. We also have one in progress with the board sponsor and it did not start off well at all. I swear we got the keystone cops team. Surly, being difficult, non responsive and then blaming us for things not happening. Finally got their crap together and now things are going smoothly.
Good to know, thanks! Is the process and type of fees about the same as board sponsor's? I don't see the closing cost included on the Fidelity listing, so just wondering.

Good to know, thanks! Is the process and type of fees about the same as board sponsor's? I don't see the closing cost included on the Fidelity listing, so just wondering.
I think the closing costs are fairly similar, tbh. I bought a contract through Fidelity and it was a term that the seller would pay closing costs including their $225 service fee which everyone here complains about. But (referencing my contract) the closing fees were:
$628 closing costs
$150 resort transfer/estoppel fee
$225 service fee
= $1,003

I'm paying $1,080 in closing costs on the Aulani contract I just bought - same # of points.

Thinking about dues... Currently our AUL contracts are not subsidized. If I am booking mainly Island / pool or higher views, studio or 1-bedroom, in Jan/Feb and Sept/Oct (no kids so definitely avoiding summer and all school holidays), do I really need to buy more AUL points? Would SSR points with lower dues be better? Assuming i can't find a subsidized in Dec, or Jun, or Aug or Sept UY...

I think the closing costs are fairly similar, tbh. I bought a contract through Fidelity and it was a term that the seller would pay closing costs including their $225 service fee which everyone here complains about. But (referencing my contract) the closing fees were:
$628 closing costs
$150 resort transfer/estoppel fee
$225 service fee
= $1,003

I'm paying $1,080 in closing costs on the Aulani contract I just bought - same # of points.
thank you so much!

We've found the costs/process generally about the same (except fidelity lower point cost). We negotiated the closing costs (but yes they aren't disclosed on the listing).

Thinking about dues... Currently our AUL contracts are not subsidized. If I am booking mainly Island / pool or higher views, studio or 1-bedroom, in Jan/Feb and Sept/Oct (no kids so definitely avoiding summer and all school holidays), do I really need to buy more AUL points? Would SSR points with lower dues be better? Assuming i can't find a subsidized in Dec, or Jun, or Aug or Sept UY...
Are you asking about buying more SSR points or using SSR points you already have?

If I were you I'd probably go with SSR points personally. IDK, I know Aulani's and SSR's CAGR for dues is about the same so far but I'd think that Aulani's are more likely to go up faster down the line. If you're booking 1BRs and less popular views off season you'd probably be fine. On the other hand I also don't like the idea of buying somewhere that basically forfeits any beneficial home resort priority so I'd convince myself to buy somewhere else on WDW property instead like maybe CCV, Poly or BLT that also has low dues but that's just me.

If I were you I'd probably go with SSR points personally. IDK, I know Aulani's and SSR's CAGR for dues is about the same so far but I'd think that Aulani's are more likely to go up faster down the line. If you're booking 1BRs and less popular views off season you'd probably be fine. On the other hand I also don't like the idea of buying somewhere that basically forfeits any beneficial home resort priority so I'd convince myself to buy somewhere else on WDW property instead like maybe CCV, Poly or BLT that also has low dues but that's just me.
Hmm. I do like CCV and we don’t own there yet 🤔🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter