This might be a dumb question and you may not know, but my head is swimming a bit as I'm researching so much. We want CCV and AKL eventually. Could I do 100 at each direct, with the same use year, then be able to combine those points for stays at either in the 11 month booking window? And be able to get the 200 point incentives?
Don't really know about the incentives - my GUESS is yes.

You cannot combine points from different hoe resorts at 11 months. The home resort priority booking is associated with the points, not the owner. You could bank and borrow to have 200 points every other year at each resort. You would stay at CCV one year and AKV the next. (P.S. AKL is the abbreviation for the hotel portion f the resort. AKV is for the DVC portion of the resort, which cosists of two parts - Jambo (in the main Lodge building) and Kidani (the name of the other building, not directly connected to the main Lodge building). Both parts are referred to as AKV).

This might be a dumb question and you may not know, but my head is swimming a bit as I'm researching so much. We want CCV and AKL eventually. Could I do 100 at each direct, with the same use year, then be able to combine those points for stays at either in the 11 month booking window? And be able to get the 200 point incentives?

The last round of incentives did allow people to buy at different resorts to reach a level and qualify

However, the key was both had to have the same ones. So you could buy RIC and CCV together because both had same discount. But not CCV and AKV because AKV had different ones.

As already mentioned, points carry the home resort priority and not the owner. So to book either during that time you can only use points that are owned there.

Leaning toward 150 at AKV for the lower cost. Dues are only slightly higher than CCV, making that part a bit of a wash. Just spoke to someone in the DVC sales and should be getting some additional information via email soon. Because we had sent an email in requesting info prior to the summer promo ending but never heard from anyone, we might qualify for those better incentives.

I've stayed at AKL and love it, which is why I'm leaning toward AKV. We've never stayed at CCV, but given the rave reviews on the shows, the location, and how hard it would be to get in to at the 7 mo. mark, I'm still thinking we'll get that via resale someday. Open to anyone's thoughts and advice, of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter