Bus problems

Ginger03

Mouseketeer
Waiting in Pop Century Line atHollywood Studios for 30 minutes now, after 8:30 park close (fireworks at 9, left immediately afterwards). Is this the new normal? Parks were not crowded today. There were at least 60 people after us in line.

Terrible time with buses over Labor Day including Thursday and Tuesday

IMHO, reducing both ride capacity and bus service is the new norm, based on how Disney tracks attendance. And they often get it wrong causing long lines for both but saving Disney $$$

This is the new normal with the parks all closing around the same time. Same number of buses + more people leaving at the same time = longer waits. Best advice is to hang out in the park for a half-hour to an hour after fireworks with a snack or shopping and then head for the bus. Or find alternate transportation at the end of the nights.

The only closing bus we used last week was on Monday night, after the Halloween Party.
I was surprised actually that we walked out to the stop and had a bus to Boardwalk show up within 5 min of getting to the stop and that we didn't share with any other Epcot resort.
There was a bus for YC/BC at their stop and the Swan/Dolphin at their stop at that time too.
They were flooding the queues with buses. I was not expecting it to be so easy or to not share.

This is the new normal with the parks all closing around the same time. Same number of buses + more people leaving at the same time = longer waits. Best advice is to hang out in the park for a half-hour to an hour after fireworks with a snack or shopping and then head for the bus. Or find alternate transportation at the end of the nights.
This is a very valid point. Although buses and drivers are assigned to one park or DS, Disney routinely moves them around at closing time. In particular, when DAK closed at 5 or 6, DAK drivers were sent to help out at MK or another park after DAK cleared. With DAK staying open until 9 or later, those drivers are no longer available to reassign.

Also, when I was driving for Disney 5 or more years ago, it was common to offer drivers the option to stay an extra hour or 2 to help out with park closings when crowds were higher than planned. When I retired 2 years ago, spending had tightened up and this became very rare, so parks had to handle closings with the drivers who were scheduled.

Last edited:
Will there be a new fee for it, lol.
you never know... they might send CM's out to the bus stops with the push-cart kiosks to sell snacks, balloons, souvenirs and water! I think some of the bus stops already have vending machines nearby... but Disney would have a captive audience... how long can you stare at those Mickey bars in blazing heat (and a 45 min wait for the next bus) before you buy one? HAHAHA

We found the buses/Monorails to be such a time sucker that we have decided not to renew our Annual passes. I’m sure will be back in the future. We usually rent a car but with 22 dollars a day at the resort it’s not worth our while anymore

Oh boy watch out. This thread will be locked. Right snappy? I guess we weren't the only ones "exaggerating" wait times. We all know Disney does everything correctly.;)

I do not see the waits at park closing anything new. Been like that for the past 10 years for us. Waits can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 30-45 minutes especially at park closing. Nothing new.

Park Hours today AK, HS closing at 830, Epcot 9, MK has a party night, tomorrow AK, HS 830 Epcot MK 9. So today three parks are closing at roughly same time, tomorrow it’s all 4. Even if every resort bus stop at each park had a bus waiting there still would be a line at stops because everyone left at same time.

If it was 1230 AM after a party and there was a huge line waiting for buses then that’s a different story since all the other parks have been closed for hours. All the park buses should be at MK.

Is it only at the resorts ... the board with bus times??
Yes, they're only at the resorts and not at the parks. But also, the times constantly change (usually lengthening), so while they mentally make you feel like you have a better handle on when a bus is coming, you actually don't.

Yes, they're only at the resorts and not at the parks. But also, the times constantly change (usually lengthening), so while they mentally make you feel like you have a better handle on when a bus is coming, you actually don't.
I like the resort boards and our experiences with them have been pretty good.
The frustration is exiting parks... but more often than not, that too has been ok considering the amt of people being moved. It seems certain resorts are always longer lines... Por comes to mind.. ( we jump on pofq and walk it)
I think people would like the boards...
I know I would

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter