Build a Bear at Downtown Disneyland ????

Princess Glenda

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Has anyone been to the Disneyland Build a Bear lately? Are there special outfits for the 50th Celebration available? Does anyone have the phone number for the Disneyland Build a Bear so that I can call them to order the Minnie Mouse outfit? Thanks for any info.

I didn't notice anything specifically 50th, they did have Mickey and Minnie outfits with hands, shirts and black ears.

Princess Glenda said:
Hi,
Has anyone been to the Disneyland Build a Bear lately? Are there special outfits for the 50th Celebration available? Does anyone have the phone number for the Disneyland Build a Bear so that I can call them to order the Minnie Mouse outfit? Thanks for any info.

My DW did the build a bear when we there in the last week of June and at that time they had the 50th outfit. Here is a pic of DW bear that she did.
Hope this helps. Any other questions please ask...

Here is the phone # for build a bear in DTD : 714-776-5980

Picture463.jpg

crasher11 said:
My DW did the build a bear when we there in the last week of June and at that time they had the 50th outfit. Here is a pic of DW bear that she did.

Picture463.jpg

Thanks so much for the info. This is just what I needed to know.

Thanks so much for the info!! We just got back from DL and my DD is heartbroken that we didn't make it to the workshop. I promised her I'd call and order the 50th outfit. This makes it a breeze!! :earboy2:

crasher11 said:

Picture463.jpg

Thats darling..We need one of those :love:

crasher11 said:

Picture463.jpg

That is too cute. My DD has a Build a Bear gift card she got for her Birthday back in Feb. - I kept forgetting to take her to build a bear - well, it looks like I have a great reason to visit the one in DTD. Thank you so much for the picture!!!

Hi everyone,
Can you give me an idea of how much it costs to 'build a bear"?
We do have 'make a bear' shops in Australia and I think they are about AUS$50 with the clothing.
I just know my 11 and 12 y/o daughters would just love one from DL esp with a '50th' clothing! :goodvibes
Thanks

carinv said:
Hi everyone,
Can you give me an idea of how much it costs to 'build a bear"?
We do have 'make a bear' shops in Australia and I think they are about AUS$50 with the clothing.
I just know my 11 and 12 y/o daughters would just love one from DL esp with a '50th' clothing! :goodvibes
Thanks

Plan on approx $100 per bear..these things can get really expensive..lol.

webray said:

really! wow, my daughter has never spent more than $55 building and clothing a bear. She only has one, a unicorn she has had for a couple years now, but insists everyone needs one as a birthday gift even my dad :rotfl2:

So glad to hear there are 50th anniversary outfits, thank you for the picture crasher11

:3dglasses

^^^
I agree. $100 does seem a bit much. We've let DD build one for both of her birthdays. She's not too bad, because we can still control to an extent what she gets.
We took my neice and nephew and their 2 animals, clothed (with underwear even :) ) were around $80

Just checked with DW and if she remembered right, this bear was between $40 - $45.. But you can add all kinds of stuff that would add up real quick. LOL.

Picture463.jpg

Thanks...Wow!
I am so glad that, to an extent you can control the final price.
At least I will be prepared!!! :wave2:

Update--I just called the number given above and BAD NEWS for me here in VA. The three special outfits available at the DTD Build a Bear CANNOT be ordered by phone! I am soooo disappointed. I could just see our bears wearing the 50th Anniversary set to WDW when we go in September. Anyone out there live near Disneyland that would be willing to pick them up for me?

I'm totally bummed! We were there in early June and they did not have these 50th outfits - we just got the regular mickey ears & gloves & t-shirt. :guilty:

The 50th Anniversary T-shirt and Mouse Ears cost $7.00. Most of the Bears were between $20 & $30 dollars.

webray said:

Yikes! $100 per bear? Where did you hear that? I actually work at Build-A-Bear (not the one in DTD but very close -- Los Angeles) and we NEVER tell people that. Although, many people do come in thinking that it will be much more than it actually is. Generally, a fully dressed bear with shoes and accessories is $35 - $50.

I would never say this at work obviously but if you have more than one child I would say to nix the shoes. The bears themselves (no clothes) go from $10 - $25 and the Mickey Ears / Shirt set are $7 - $8. And although the shoes are ADORABLE, if you have a child who is going to carry the bear around, sleep with it, etc, then the shoes tend to get in the way. But that's just my opinion -- I just think because the shoes are hard soled they make the bear a little less huggable. And also, shoes are $5 - $8 so they add up!

Also, another DTD Build-A-Bear tip: Personally, I don't like how the BABW Mickey ears fit. They are a little too small. The reason for this is that Disney takes forever to do license agreements with outside companies and when BABW approched Disney to manufacture these ears the bears were a little different style (i.e. -- smaller heads!). So now the bears have changed a bit but the ears haven't. Being a Disney and BABW junkie (I'm such a dork!) I got the new Curly Bear and the 50th t-shirt, but then got infant size Golden ears in the park -- those fit the bear MUCH better and they have the chin strap to keep them on. Also, BABW's ears are black, not gold. The gold ears fit best on Curly, Dimples, and Sassy Kitty. The DTD ears fit well on Carmel, Cocoa, Butterscotch and Happy. Wow, it's really sad that I know this!

Have fun at BABW! :)

Ariel :)

webray said:
I think this is pretty high!! We just got back from DL and my step-daughter, her boyfriend and 2 kids did 4 bears to clothes for about $175. (And both kids got 2 outfits each.) The last time I did one for my DD it was around $30, dressed.

Thanks everyone for all the info. We arrive on Saturday and I'm sure DD will want to add a Disney bear to her Build a Bear collection.

The Disney Pet Tails clothes -- t-shirts and mouse ears, etc for pets -- fit the BABW friends. I have a bunny, so she can't wear most BABW hats since there's nowhere for her ears to go. Everyone said she would look weird with mouse ears and her own ears sticking up, but she looks adorable! If I can find a photo, I'll post it.

I'm going to DLR for Thanksgiving and plan to go to the BABW at DTD. I have a few questions, if someone can answer them. I saw on the BABW web site that they now have the DTD t-shirt available online and that it can be embroidered. So I'm torn. Do I get the shirt off the web site and get my bunny's name on it? Or do I wait until I go to DTD? What other unique stuff do they have at DTD that they don't have at BABW?

I've seen the 50th ears and outfit. And I've seen the Disney costumes they have on the BABW web site and in the stores. Do they have diff costumes at DTD?

Thank you!!

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter