Buffalo to I75 anyone?

DisneyFunFan

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I'm anxiously anticipating our camping trip to Fort Wilderness in just over two weeks!

We want to drive I75 and take along Dave Hunters book "Along Interstate 75". Hopefully the 2004 edition will be out by then.

My question is... Can we cross in Buffalo and meet up with the I75 instead of taking that long, boring drive down the 401? We're in the Burlington / Oakville area. Has anyone taken this route? Is it faster than driving to London -- or would entering through Detroit be just as fast?

Please chime in with any thoughts / opinions you have about this option.

Thanks,
Trent

IMHO - I wouldn't bother going through BUF as it seems to me you'd be driving east to go back west to hook up with I-75.
Since you are in Oakville/Burlington I'd just go QE to 403 to 401 to I-75. (as boring as it may be.....)

You can go through BUF and meet up with I-75 by going I-90, 271 to 71 then to 75, but you won't hook up with 75 until Cincinnati - then you miss all of Dave Hunter's interesting Michigan and Ohio tidbits :D
As well, I would guess it might add on about 2 more hours or so.

If you want to go alternate route from BUF it would be I-79, I-77 to I-95 into Florida. This route is fine if the weather is good, a little more rural and I bet when you are going the colours of the leaves would be spectacular!

Not sure I understand your question about London, but it's about 31/2 to 4 hours straight drive from Burlington to Windsor.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the response... I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said London -- I meant Windsor ... LOL!

Most trips in the past (a long time ago) we've taken the I-79, I-77 to I-95 route.

I forgot about how nice the fall colours would be going through the mountains.

That's the info I was looking for when you guesstimated that hooking up with I75 in Cincinnati would add about 2 hours to the trip (no thanks) and of course render a good portion of the book useless.

So I guess it's a toss up between being able to take Dave Hunter's book along and enjoying the mountain scenery in the fall. Hmmm..... I guess I could do I75 there and perhaps try I-95 on the way back or vice versa.

I understand the 2004 edition of "Along Interstate 75" will be released around the beginning of October. Has anyone seen it yet?

Glad I could help.
We have family coming down from Hamilton (we are all going to Disney for a few days too) and they too are taking 77/79 on the way down, and 75 on the way back.
I bet the colours through the Virginia mountains would make the 77/79 drive worthwhile. I think they are planning to stop in Beckley W.Va overnight, then do the mountains in the daylight.
Have a safe drive!

Here is a route we took a few years ago.

Take the I-90 W exit number 178B, towards CLEVELAND.
Take the I-271 S exit, exit number 188, on the left towards COLUMBUS.
Merge onto I-271 S.
Take the I-71 S exit.
Merge onto I-71 S.

Keep on I-71 until you meet up with I 75

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter