Budget or Location, which would you choose?

If gondolas are open, you will be able to get to Epcot easily from CBR for $700 less.

I will add to the budget topic, since it's a very valid consideration and several people have mentioned it. If the $700 would be handy on anything else at all on the trip, then it's probably not in your budget. If spending it to stay at BC doesn't cause you to blink an eye or change your plans, then it sounds like it probably is. Only you can really make that call.

We budget our categories ahead of time, so moving to a more expensive resort, or adding another TS ADR is really about what do we have budgeted already for that category, and they don't overlap. If we have $1000 left in the Resort category, adding another day or two, or upgrading is on the table. If we have $20 left in Dining, adding a V&A night might not be in the cards. But, budgeting for many people is like making biscuits in the South. Everyone generally has a method they like best, and you never want to suggest that your way might be better.

Only you can say how much $700 is worth to you.
However, if this might be your chance to try a new resort and splurge, I would choose the BC. We chose the Poly (Club Level!) when we went for a long weekend because we will probably never justify a week vacation there, but we could justify 3 nights. I figure it was my only chance. The BC is only going to cost more as time goes by and it would cost even more for a longer trip.

BC, if you can afford it. The location will far outweigh saving the $700. We stay at BC often because the convenience in my opinion is worth it. It's not even about the deluxe hotel versus value hotel to us, we only stay on the monorail or at BC/ YC/BWI because I value convenience above all. We have stayed at AKL 7 or 8 times, WL once.....I dislike both. Not because they aren't amazing hotels, but because I dislike the bus( more so at AKL.) Good luck on your decision, I hope you have a great trip!

Thank you all for your perspectives. My gut is always to save money, so my first response is option one: the budget option. I figure, as many have pointed out, that we can use that extra money saved on snacks and other expenses. The idea that we'd be able to walk into Epcot from BC is what sparked the discussion between CBR and BC. Not sure if the Skyliner will be running, though we're not sure if everyone in the family will be able to handle the height and enclosed space (though I'm sure it'll be no different than the monorail).

Think of sitting in your room less than 10 minutes after a long day in the park, or leaving mid-afternoon for a nap and a couple of hours at SAB before going back to Epcot for the evening.

I understand the value of $700, but it's in your budget why not? Would you rather forego some souvenirs or a TS to help cut down the difference in price?

Whatever you decide .... have a great trip!

For a quick trip in which you will likely be spending the majority of the time in the parks I'd go cheap.
I'd go even cheaper than CBR. Think value even... I love POP.
If you plan on hitting up a lot of food booths then maybe do the QSDP and trade for 3 "snacks" at a time to get your money's wroth at the food booths.

Location for sure!!
I watch spending/budget in my day to day life.

Vacation is for pleasure/splurging/ease

First, I would skip the QSDP. Second, $700 more for three nights is something only you can decide if it's in the budget.

I'd definitely go with Beach Club. It is beyond nice to be able to walk to two parks. If Epcot is your main focus it will be great having less than a 5 minute walk to get there and not have to rely on any transportation. The pool is also really nice. You could go into the park for a view hours, swim and then go back to the park relatively easily since you are so close to it.

I’d recommend heading over to the Priceline forum (hotwire’s on there too) and seeing if anyone can identify a great deal for your dates!

We usually opt for convenience especially on short trips where every second counts! ;) It would also give you some extra time to enjoy the BC amenities (less time “commuting”).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter