Budget or Location, which would you choose?

compshu

DisDad #758
We have attended Flower & Garden 4 years in a row, and broke that streak last year. Instead of spring 2018, we had our trip in the fall (the timing was perfect, as it gave us an escape from Hurricane Florence). This year, we have a late summer trip booked. We've really been missing F&G, and after joking about "popping down for a long weekend Epcot-only trip," it looks like we'll be able to do just that!

I'm comparing a few options. Caribbean Beach Resort has become sort of our "home" resort. It really fits well with our budget and family size, and we like the theming. So option one is three nights at CBR with 2-day base tickets. I pulled rates for Beach Club on a whim, and three nights there, with the same 2-day base ticket is only $700 more, so still within budget, but close to the top. A third option would be the CBR, but with the addition of the QSDP. That one is a little over $100 less than the Beach Club (no dining) option.

So, which would you choose? Would you go low on the budget, and save more for merch and food, go with location (and luxury) and the ability to walk to Epcot, or budget and not have to worry about keeping track of food costs?

I know these are all personal decisions, and that everyone is different, I'm just curious to read what y'all might choose in my situation.

Without a doubt, I'm a budget person. Not quite clear what all the options you have are, but I don't see any reason to spend another $700. I'm a dedicated offsite person, but have been in many of the onsite hotels just to look around. Frankly, to me they're all pretty nice. I wouldn't spend the extra money.

I love CBR more than any other resort so I would pick that one no matter what.
I wouldn't add the dining plan if you are planning on F&G - too many snacks to be had, not enough meals, and I never want 3 tastings from the same cart to use a meal credit.

If it's in your budget, stay somewhere you haven't stayed before. Situations like this are a great way to try a new place. It seems like Beach Club (which is great) is an option for you, and as the previous posters have mentioned, it's right there at EPCOT.

Agree this is a very personal decision. Everyone has a different situation in life so no judgment in what I am sharing- just giving a personal perspective since you asked. :-)

Although I would love to stay at Beach Club and be very close to the park, $700 extra for location would be a deal-breaker for our family. Since CBR is so nice, I wouldn't be able to justify that added expense to myself or my husband. Convenience of location wouldn't be enough for me to spend that $. Maybe if it was $300 I would do it.

Now, if the extra $700 was to stay at either a Disney property or a Motel 6, then I would spend the $$!!!

BC for sure. It’s a short stay so you can try something new for not as much money as you would spend if staying a week. Price out BW also, might be a smidge more budget friendly.

You might also want to check the rates at the Swan and Dolphin. They are also walkable to Epcot and usually can be booked at a lower rate than BC, YC or BW. Since your focus is on Epcot, I wouldn't stay elsewhere because of the time and hassle to travel back and forth as long as the extra cost is still in your budget.

I would stick with the more budget friendly option. But, we don't spend much time in the hotel. It's pretty much a place to sleep. So for us, the deluxe resorts just don't make much sense. Plus, in my mind, $700 extra for a 3 night stay is a lot of money, and just not worth it.

Well a few years ago I would have said go budget but on our last trip we went deluxe at AKL and the girls are now hopelessly addicted to deluxe.

I would also check the Swan/Dolphin rates otherwise I would stay at CBR and use the $700 for other travel/dining expenses.

We have attended Flower & Garden 4 years in a row, and broke that streak last year. Instead of spring 2018, we had our trip in the fall (the timing was perfect, as it gave us an escape from Hurricane Florence). This year, we have a late summer trip booked. We've really been missing F&G, and after joking about "popping down for a long weekend Epcot-only trip," it looks like we'll be able to do just that!

I'm comparing a few options. Caribbean Beach Resort has become sort of our "home" resort. It really fits well with our budget and family size, and we like the theming. So option one is three nights at CBR with 2-day base tickets. I pulled rates for Beach Club on a whim, and three nights there, with the same 2-day base ticket is only $700 more, so still within budget, but close to the top. A third option would be the CBR, but with the addition of the QSDP. That one is a little over $100 less than the Beach Club (no dining) option.

So, which would you choose? Would you go low on the budget, and save more for merch and food, go with location (and luxury) and the ability to walk to Epcot, or budget and not have to worry about keeping track of food costs?

I know these are all personal decisions, and that everyone is different, I'm just curious to read what y'all might choose in my situation.

Of the 3 you mention, I'd go with CBR. It's the cheapest but still on site. I don't think I'd do the QSDP because we'd be focusing more on food booths at EP. And although it would be cool and more convenient to stay at BC, it would be hard for me to justify an additional $700 for 3 nights ($233/night).

Agree with PP. We are going last minute around the same time as you and I did a search of the food booths and with a lot of things I would like to try out, budget would be the way to go. With $700 that will go a long way for food/snack and any souvenirs you may want to pick up. I honestly wouldn't even get the QSDP. If you end up snacking and F&G, you probably won't even use it. Good luck no matter what you choose!!! F&G is one of my favorites.

If $700 is not going to break you then BC every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I'll raise two hands for BC since you said it's a Epcot only trip. You better pull the trigger on the BC room before it's gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter