Bryan and Liz's Wishes Wedding 03/22/12 WP/ADH Flashback to our PS w/ pics!

Not a whole lot going on, on the wedding front. We are finally in March which means we are quickly approaching the 1 year mark!! :yay: Only 19 days not that i'm counting :rolleyes1 I'm really excited for the year mark cause we will get our planner and I can stop bugging Pam (our consultant) with all my silly questions, and I can book our theme park shoot!
I mailed out our Save the Dates yesterday and I cannot wait for our friends and family to start getting them!! And other than that not a whole lot of action going on. . .but I can show you what we've planned already :thumbsup2
Here are my finished shoes after adding the crystals
shoes.jpg

I also made two flower hair clips that I will probably wear for a bridal shower or rehearsal dinner or something like that
hairclip.jpg
secondhairclip.jpg

here are the centerpieces we want, but may need to alter once we are quoted a price
centerpieces.jpg

Hair style inspiration for my MOH
MOHhair.jpg

I haven't really decided what I want my hair to look like all I know is that I want it up and out of the way :rotfl:
And finally rather than chase down the Disney Just Married buttons I decided to make my own design so here's my first attempt at it:
justmarriedbutton2.jpg
Just picture it as a circle ;)

Areas that DF and I are stuck right now: the wedding cake, I am a baker (not professionally just as a hobby) but I am somewhat of a cake snob :rolleyes1 so I can't seem to find ANYTHING that I like. I want something that's elegant and unique so that it fits us but we just can't seem to find what we are looking for yet. And the music for the wedding. I never realized how many songs are required for a 30 minute time span. We've had our first dance picked out for a while (it's going to be That's All by Michael Buble), and I have an idea of what I want to walk down the aisle to and what the bmaids should walk down the aisle, but everything else is a blur right now. I'm especially stumped for the Father/Daughter dance :confused3 I can't find the right song. But, at least I have some time to figure all that out, right?

Right now I've got our planning pretty under control (I actually have to restrain myself because I'm running out of stuff to plan already :scared1:). We are trying to figure out a rehearsal dinner location that can accomodate up 40 people. We have our hearts set on Jiko Cape Town Wine Room because Jiko is where we got engaged and we thought it would be nice to share such a special place with our closest friends and family, but it's a little pricey. . .The cheapest menu is $80/pp and I'm not sure that the in-laws are going to want to pay for that. So we are looking for a plan B just in case. Any ideas???

Here are some pics from when we got engaged:
engagment-1.jpg
jikos_engagement_4.jpg

I still tear up and get really emotional every time I look at the pics or tell our engagement story :love: But this is exactly why we want to share Jiko with everyone :goodvibes

Awww the pics are cute!! You looked surprised!!!
Love the blingy shoes!! :banana:
Love those hair clips!! They are going to look so pretty!!

Loving all your ideas!! :) Those shoes are AWESOME!!

Are you planning on using Disney Music for the ceremony? You could probably type in father/daughter dances in youtube, and play around with some options.

There is Butterfly Kisses, I Loved Her First, Stealing Cinderella, and several others?

Keep your eye out for ebay for those buttons!! I will send you a link if I find any for cheap!! I do like the idea for making your own buttons though!! :)

Just wanted to stop in real quick and say that it is now 12:01am which means that it is officially March 22nd which means.....

I'm getting married one year from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Sorry just had to share my excitement :thumbsup2

I'm three posts away from being able to add pictures. So I'm going to spam this for 3 posts. I can always count on you to help me out. :cool1:

Yay! How exciting!!:cheer2:

Thank you!! We are so excited! Even though it's still 364 days away it feels like we've hit the home stretch now! :thumbsup2

I'm three posts away from being able to add pictures. So I'm going to spam this for 3 posts. I can always count on you to help me out. :cool1:
I can't wait for more updates...even though I already know about most of what you're posting. :rotfl:
And with this post I can upload pictures to my PJ!! :cheer2:

You. are. ridiculous. :rotfl: for spamming my PJ you better be posting 100 pictures tonight :lmao:

Just wanted to give a quick update on our planning. We (and by we I mean I lol) picked out the bridesmaids dresses.
bmaid.jpg

Just imagine the dress in navy blue instead of coral and eggplant ;)

I called on Tuesday to book our bridal portrait session. I woke up at the crack of dawn and was soo excited to call, but decided that I would wait until they had been open for a little bit so that I didn't seem crazy! So I killed some time searching the boards and whatnot and around 9:30 (I was planning on calling at 10) I went to their website to find the phone number and saw that they had been open since 8 which meant that now I could definitely call and not seem crazy!! :rotfl2: The woman who answered the phone was very friendly and took down my name and transferred me to Dara's voicemail (the woman who handles bookings for Wishes weddings). If there is one thing in life I hate doing other than making phone calls it is leaving voicemails. I always get nervous and forget what I'm supposed to say. All I had to do was leave Dara a message saying my name, my fiance's name, and when the wedding was. . . .I said my name 6 times in a 1:30minute long message. Awesome. If I didn't seem crazy before I certainly do now:sad2:

So now I'm anxiously awaiting a phone call from Dara to book our bridal portraits and I'm waiting for a phone call from my planner. I knew I would be getting a phone call either Tuesday or sometime early in the week because we have had our LOA back for a few weeks now so I figured there was nothing slowing down the process because Disney has had my money for a while lol :rotfl: I tried to kill some time by running some errands but was being ridiculous and wouldn't go any place that I didn't have phone service. Finally my phone rings and it's a 407 number!! It was Dara calling me back and I got to book our Magic Kingdom and DHS shoot for the day after our wedding (which is the day I wanted) soo yay!! :banana: Unfortunately, that was the only Disney phone call I got on Tuesday. So of course Wednesday when I'm at work all day is when my planner decides to call (it's like they can sense when you're busy and decide that's the perfect time to call!). Funny thing is I was standing in the back room at work when I heard my phone go off (it was my awesomely embarrassing Phineas and Ferb ringtone) and I literally just starred at where my phone was wondering if I should answer. My co-worker said it looked like I was trying to answer the call in my mind (great another person thinks I'm crazy!! :rolleyes1). So long story short the second I left work I listened to my very long voicemail from my planner who is. . . ..

Diane Bowens!! And of course as soon as I got home I googled her on the boards and found out that everyone who has had her thought she was awesome!! I'm really excited to work with her but I have a feeling that the first phone call is going to be awkward because she thinks my name is Lynn :rotfl2:. . . .Oh well at least she got Bryan's name right so 1 out of 2 ain't bad :thumbsup2

Congrats on getting you planner and bridal portrait! Do you have to call to DPS to schedule it normally? Or did you do that since you were in between your consultant and planner?

Oh gosh...DF and I famously compare ourselves to Socially Awkward Penguin, so neither of us would probably have the heart to correct someone who called us the wrong name lol Actually I know for a fact we haven't corrected people who called us the wrong name :rolleyes1

Congrats on getting you planner and bridal portrait! Do you have to call to DPS to schedule it normally? Or did you do that since you were in between your consultant and planner?

Oh gosh...DF and I famously compare ourselves to Socially Awkward Penguin, so neither of us would probably have the heart to correct someone who called us the wrong name lol Actually I know for a fact we haven't corrected people who called us the wrong name :rolleyes1

Thanks!! I had emailed DPS like months ago asking when I could book (this was the one thing that I absolutely wanted to have) and got an email back saying that a year from my wedding date they could book my appointment, and Dara strongly suggested calling her at 1 year because MK shoots go super quick! Now that I have the appointment I'm just supposed to tell my planner so she can add it on to our bill, but I'm sure that if you have a planner when you want to book you can make them do all the dirty work for you :thumbsup2

And I'm not sure how I'm going to mention that my name is Liz not Lynn lol...maybe if she thinks it's Bryan and Lynn Disney won't be able to bill me for the wedding!!Oh well if this is the biggest wedding problem I come across I will consider myself extremely lucky:rotfl2:

Hi Liz :goodvibes
Just came across your PJ & just wanted to congratulate you on being a year out!! I can't wait just a few more months for me!!! I wasn't able to see the picturr of your dress ( ill search for it when I get home) but I'm sure its beautiful. I love everything else you have choaen, the bm dresses are gorgeous and I love that they will be navy blue with fuschia accents. That's a great color combo. I want to do something similar with my girls and have them wear a flower on their hair.. I was thinking of making them, any tips? I really liked the ones you made.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Hi Liz :goodvibes
Just came across your PJ & just wanted to congratulate you on being a year out!! I can't wait just a few more months for me!!! I wasn't able to see the picturr of your dress ( ill search for it when I get home) but I'm sure its beautiful. I love everything else you have choaen, the bm dresses are gorgeous and I love that they will be navy blue with fuschia accents. That's a great color combo. I want to do something similar with my girls and have them wear a flower on their hair.. I was thinking of making them, any tips? I really liked the ones you made.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Thanks so much for stopping in!! :goodvibes I swear once you get to your year out mark it's like time starts flying and it's when all the fun begins!! For the hair flowers I used this site for a basic guideline and then tweaked it slightly based on the materials i could find http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-hair-flower

I could not find silk flowers in the craft stores out by me, so I used the regular flowers that they have at stores like Michaels and Jo-Ann's Fabrics. Because I didn't get silk flowers the fabric glue did NOT stick lol so I instead I used a tacky glue (regular crafty glue). The hardest part is that you have to pop the flower off the stem and then peel off the petals layer by layer and glue them back together which is a really big pain in the butt, but I think it's worth it in the end cause you get a gorgeous flower exactly how you want it for half the cost of the ones you buy online! Also a warning: it seems to take a long time for the glue on the flower to dry so make sure to give it plenty of time! I bought flowers to do one for each of my bridesmaids and flower girls and they are going to cost like $10 a piece opposed to the $40 ones I had found :woohoo:

HTH if you need any other help once you get started let me know and I will help out as best I can!! Happy DIYing :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your engagement!! I just found your PJ and it looks great so far!

Your story seems to be quite similar to mine... I also met DF in college, when I was a sophomore and he was a freshman, and we've also been together for about three years. And he also proposed to me through dessert after a really nice dinner, by ordering a cake that said "Will you marry me?" on it!

Your dress is gorgeous, and I also love the bridesmaids dresses. I think the combination of navy and fuchsia will be stunning! And yay for the Atlantic Dance Hall - I've seen pictures and it looks so beautiful for a wedding.

Congratulations on your engagement!! I just found your PJ and it looks great so far!

Your story seems to be quite similar to mine... I also met DF in college, when I was a sophomore and he was a freshman, and we've also been together for about three years. And he also proposed to me through dessert after a really nice dinner, by ordering a cake that said "Will you marry me?" on it!

Your dress is gorgeous, and I also love the bridesmaids dresses. I think the combination of navy and fuchsia will be stunning! And yay for the Atlantic Dance Hall - I've seen pictures and it looks so beautiful for a wedding.

Thank you so much!!!

Just wanted to give a quick update:
1. I ordered a dress that I absolutely fell in love with! I originally wanted the dress for the rehearsal dinner, but now I'm thinking of wearing it for the bridal shower and maybe the honeymoon :lovestruc
dessydress.jpg

2. Bryan's cousin is an amazing artist and was nice enough to design a monogram for my DIY invitations and it's gorgeous!! We only gave him the guidelines that it has to use our initials (versus using full names. . .) and that we wanted it to be elegant. And this is what he designed
Weddingmonogrambyderrick.jpg

I LOVE it!! I wish I was that artistic:worship: He hand drew everything including the script our initials are in! And the best part is. . . . .he offered to design our invitations for us :banana: I'm BEYOND pumped :cool1:
3. My planner wanted our planning session kit turned in sooner rather than later...so we sat down and hammered out all the "tentative" details. So without further ado here is our tentative menu:

Cocktail Hour:
-Brie and strawberry crostini drizzled with balsamic honey syrup
-Beef skewers with house made teriyaki sauce
-Coconut shrimp with orange horseradish marmalade

--OR—
-Fresh sliced seasonal fruit with mango yogurt sauce

Dinner:
-Mixed greens with sunflower seeds, cucumbers, carrots, and grape tomatoes: Zinfandel vinaigrette and low fat ranch dressing
-freshly prepared season vegetables
-Rolls, butter, and garlic breadsticks
-Rice pilaf with honey roasted pecans and fresh parsley
-Braised chicken with rich cabernet, cremini mushrooms, crispy prosciutto, and gorgonzola
Carving Station:
-Three peppercorn and whole grain mustard rubbed beef strip loin caramelized red onion compote and horseradish cream focaccia, ciabatta, and baguettes
-Cider glazed pork steamship with roasted apple star anise chutney and smoked paprika chimichurri
Martini Station:
Yukon gold potatoes topped with aged cheddar, chive sour cream, and crisp prosciutto
-grown up truffle macaroni and cheese with lobster meat salad
-Penne pasta primavera: includes creamy alfredo sauce, fresh vegetables, and parmesan cheese

We are going to have a carving station and martini station and may possibly end up throwing in a pasta station. I'm hoping that we picked things that everyone will enjoy. . .we have a lot of "picky eaters" coming to the wedding (myself included). I have a vegan, a vegetarian, a picky uncle who's grumpy if anything smells remotely garlicky, a MOH who eats chicken and plain pasta (but it's ok I still love her :love:), steak aficionados, etc.
So I'm super excited for our menu and hopefully everyone else will be too. Does anyone have any suggestion for things they've had that they would recommend?? I'd like to have some backup plans for when i get that first BEO and realize that I need to cut back ;)

I would love to see your monogram but it isn't showing...there is just an x. It looks like your plans are coming along!

Hi: I love the dress you plan to wear for your bridal shower. I see the website you got it from, but would you be able to tell me the designer/price, etc. If you have a link that would be awesome! Thanks. DD is looking for something to wear for her college graduation party and this would be perfect! Thanks again.

I would love to see your monogram but it isn't showing...there is just an x. It looks like your plans are coming along!

http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a453/Disneylizzylou/Weddingmonogrambyderrick.jpg

Hopefully this direct link should work! If not let me know and I will try again :thumbsup2

Hi: I love the dress you plan to wear for your bridal shower. I see the website you got it from, but would you be able to tell me the designer/price, etc. If you have a link that would be awesome! Thanks. DD is looking for something to wear for her college graduation party and this would be perfect! Thanks again.

The dress is originally from www.dessy.com but I don't know if you can order online. I did a google search for the dress (it's the After Six line by dessy style number 6600) and found it here: http://store.perfect-bridesmaid-dresses.com/After_Six_6600_p/AFT_6600.htm for $140
HTH!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter